Quantcast

Record and live pause

Question

I have and LG tv webos and when I put in a usb stick I can only record the channel I am watching  ( I don’t see how useful this is ) I would like to live pause and record whilst watching another channel ! Any advice ? Thanks 

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By BHPOST
      My new gallery series OLED TV died after less than two months. For weeks now, I have been calling LG support for help. The have created multiple repair tickets, but they have not been to get a repair technician out to fix the problem.
      LG keeps trying to outsource the repair to 3rd party service companies. Does anyone know how I can find a local tech that works for LG to come out and fix it?
      If not, what recourse do I have?
      Thank you. 
    • By Jjufyu23
      Hi,
      I'd like to easily stream/cast some movie files (.mkv, .mp4 etc...) on my Ubuntu 21.04 PC to a LG Smart TV having WebOS 4.9.x.
      Both TV and PC are connected on the same LAN network via ethernet cable!
      My router does not provide any UPnP feature!
      I tried to use (with no success):
      - Kodi - enabled UPnP/DLNA and shared my library, then right clicked on a movie and ran "Play using", selected "TV" but I was not able to see anything on my LG TV (i went to Movies and Photos and did not see any remote device or other stuff) (does this method nroamlly work? Maybe there is something wrong with my Kodi / Router configuration? What screen do I have to access on the LG TV to see the DLNA devices?)
      - Integrated Ubuntu "Media Sharing" (see https://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2020/04/home-media-server-ubuntu-2004/) - same as above, I could not see any device from the TV when this option is enabled
      - VLC UPnP feature - same as above
      What options do I have, without buying any additional device like Chromecast, Raspberry PI etc...?
    • By majorusa
      Please post here firmware number for your WebOS set including your country or the country where you downloaded the firmware and the model of your tv set:
      - 3.23.24 - Romania- 47LB730v
      - 3.23.34 - Romania -47LB730v - 21.08.2014 by USB
      - 4.30.09 - Romania - 47LB730v - 29.08.2014 - OTA
    • By Khamikaze
      Hi Everyone,

OK, so what does it take to have full Chromecast support in LG TVs (webOS)?
      a. Either builtin support.
      b. Via webOS app.

The goal / use is simple as any other Chromecast device / TV: be able to say to "hey Google, play this video/music from service-X to LG-TV".

Looking forward to good news and your thoughts.

Thanks,
    • By Guy Paskar
      Hello,

I have followed the guide on 
      link hidden, please login to view and it worked well on the first time. after a while I could not connect to the TV anymore. I have deleted the TV from the device list and tried again and got "ares-novacom ERR! ares-novacom: Error: Failed to get ssh private key" I reset the TV to original settings and tried again and still getting the same message. 
      TV is connected via wifi keyserver is on dev mode is on.
      I tried via cli, IDE and beanviser and nothing is working.
      Please help me out here.