Quantcast

Problem with subtitles on LG 49UK6400PLF.

Hello,

I share audiovisual material (movies and series) with my brother who has an LG 49UK6400PLF and it has us crazy, because some subtitles do reproduce them and others do not. I have already tried internal and external subs and various formats, srt, ass, ssa, sub, and nothing, because some work and others do not.

I would like to know at least the reason, to try to solve the matter.

Regards.

XPlay1.jpeg

XPlay2.jpeg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No its not logical but it seems to work on bbciplayer app  if i start bbciplayer and start to play a program with subtitles and it is set to show subtitles first time no subtitles go out of

Posted Images

No its not logical but it seems to work on bbciplayer app 

if i start bbciplayer and start to play a program with subtitles

and it is set to show subtitles first time no subtitles go out of

bbciplayer and then in again choose same program then there

is subtitles very strange this problem started after an LG update

• Like 1

Sometimes, the problem is the root cause. Have you checked if the subtitles display ok on other system like a computer?

If the subtitle file is corrupted then the subtitles are not displayed on the system.

In short, Check the audiovisual file and the accompanying subtitle on different computer and tell us the results.

19 hours ago, RuskinF said:

Sometimes, the problem is the root cause. Have you checked if the subtitles display ok on other system like a computer?

If the subtitle file is corrupted then the subtitles are not displayed on the system.

In short, Check the audiovisual file and the accompanying subtitle on different computer and tell us the results.

I have a Samsung F7000 and it plays all the subtitles without problems. On the PC too.

The big problem is my brother's LG UK6400PLF. I'm fed up.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By bluesbones
      Oled65CX6LA  shows no subtitles when playing movie from NAS only if audio format from the movie is not supported, like DTS.
      If audio format is supported, like AC3 then the TV shows subtitles.
      So there is in the software a link with the audio format and  subtitles.
      Like: 
      If audio format is supported then show subtitles (SRT)
      If audio format is not supported then show NO subtiles.
      It would be nice if this link in the software would be removed

• By Murray Ronald
      Hi, LG OLED CX 48 installed in¬†France.¬†¬† As soon as I use ¬ę Original language ¬Ľ for the audio the¬†¬†subtitles are switched on automaticaly. ¬†How do I avoid the subtitles I did not ask for ? Have been fighting with this for a while.
      Thanks
    • By powder
      Hello friends,
      I have setup a home network in Windows 10, I think it uses DLNA. I can play all the files from the computer or the USB stick in the router with no issue but the external subtitles (correctly named) are not working in my 65C9, only internal ones. 
      If I access the same files in the network from a computer, there is no problem and subtitles are shown, it's only the TV not displaying them.
      Can someone help in how to make external subs work when played from a local network or what to check?

Thanks

• By bluesbones
      Hi,
      Since last update it is possible to choose subtitles (SRT) when tv is playing movies from NAS.
      However the subtitles are not displayed always when chosen, some times they are displayed, sometimes not.
      It seems the software is unstabile on this point or my  Oled65CX6LA has a defect.
      My other TV Oled55B6V shows subtitles always.
      Any one the same problem?

• By Rukmaj Chandavar
      Hi All,

I recently bought a LG Smart TV with WebOS (42LB6500) and would like to connect to my external hard disk connected over network. Here is how my home network and devices are setup.

I have a high speed broadband that comes to my WiFi router (D-Link DSL 2750U) with USB support for External HDD. I have connected my Seagate Ex.HDD to this router and I am able to access the drive over WiFi on my smartphone and computer using the network path \\192.168.1.1\... Once connected I am able to use it similar to any mount location, i.e., read/write files, play media, etc., I want to do similarly with my TV, I would like to use this connected Ex. HDD as any other location and would like to achieve following two things at the least without any additional hardwarePlay media files on this HDD (very very important) Use the HDD as recording device for timeshift/live pause feature (important)  
      Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
      Rukmaj