Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Paesano

Apple HomeKit - "No Response" in HomeKit app

I am having an issue with two of your tv's at my home with Apple HomeKit.  I have a 55 inch and 65 inch OLED C9 TV.  They are both compatible with HomeKit.  Originally when I installed the TV's I had all sorts of issues with Apple HomeKit. For the Last 2 months Apple HomeKit has been working perfect with them.  Now after a recent update to them via automatic updates, Apple HomeKit now has an issue viewing the tv on the HomeKit app remotely while the TV is OFF,  It shows "No Response" in HomeKit.  My TV's are hardwired via Ethernet cable. 

There are 4 states in HomeKit that are recognized for the TV:
- Viewing the tv on the HomeKit app locally on the network while the TV is ON (This works in HomeKit and shows the tv as turned on)
- Viewing the tv on the HomeKit app locally on the network while the TV is OFF (This works in HomeKit and shows the tv as turned off)
- Viewing the tv on the HomeKit app remotely while the TV is ON (This works in HomeKit and shows the tv as turned on)
- Viewing the tv on the HomeKit app remotely while the TV is OFF (This DOES NOT work in HomeKit and the TV shows in HomeKit as "No Response")

I've tried reseting the TV's and doing all sorts of things. Nothing has worked.  I believe there is an issue with the latest firmware. 

I have the same problem. 
In my house I have 4 LG TV. Only one works perfectly.

All of them are the same configuration, and they are hardwired via Ethernet cable. So I really don't know why just one works.

2019 model - 65SM8600PSA - I can turn it on anywhere, anytime. It has a7 second gen processor.
2020 model - 55NANO86SNA - It's a new model, with te processor a7 third gen
Don't work! Viewing the tv on the HomeKit app remotely while the TV is OFF (This DOES NOT work in HomeKit and the TV shows in HomeKit as "No Response" - Always.
2019model - 49SM8000PSA - Sometimes it works, sometimes it don't work. It has Quadcore processor.

Crazy! I don't know what I have to do!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By akhilesh malladi
      hi, Friends,

i have finally fixed the HDMI ARC issue.
      Apparently some people also had the same issue and couldnt figure out whats wrong.
      After reading through AVSForums, I finally understood that LG had a bug in HDMI operation as well..

The problem happens when your TV is already sending sound through HDMI ARC to a AVR and you try to connect additional sources like dth or blueray player to additional HDMI ports of TV and AVR. Once you add additional sources, you might try to use LG's device connector setting to control the device and this is where HDMI ARC stops working.

Solution:
      disconnect all hdmi ports of TV and AVR.
      Full reset TV and AVR.
      Only Connect HDMI ARC port of TV with HDMI ARC OUT of AVR. Enable ARC feature on both TV and AVR. Open LG TV internal app,
      and check if sound is coming properly to AVR.
      Now you Connect All additional sources to other HDMI ports of TV and nothing should be connected to AVR.
      You may use LG device connector setting to configure the magic remote to control them.

MY current setup of TV:
      HDMI 1: Airtel DTH.
      HDMI 2: ARC connected to Denon AVR 1500H.
      HDMI 3: ACT Television(Using this to play hotstar premium content as LG inbuilt APP is not playing it)

Good news:
      LG magic remote can control all 3 devices seamlessly and thats a great ease for customers.
      I shall appreciate LG for this.
    • By swin
      TV: LG 55UJ630V 
      OS Version: 5.80.50
      Problem: Spotify is laggy, stops occassionally and is basically a sub-prime experience.
      I can play 4K TV with Netflix, Amazon Prime etc absolutely fine, so why should an audio app have problems?

• By philipworthington
      Could some one give me a step by step guide to installing Apple TV app?  I know that there are a lot of features on the LG web os, and I'm gradually finding my way around and trying to use Magic remote, but would be very grateful for a reply.  I'm 65 and I'm not that techy.  I long for the days when you would get a physical manual!  Thanks.
    • By Void Toast
      Please consider adding a new menu for 2017 OLED's  in HDR Game mode preset called "Static Tone Mapping" to picture options with a selection of 4000 nits (default) or 1000 nits.
      The reason so many complain about dim HDR on 2017 OLED's is down to an overly tone mapped image, game consoles HDR titles are mastered in 1000 nits range, LG's default tone mapping is set to 4000 nits and because the consoles do not send any HDR metadata, LG tone maps 1000 nits content to 4000 nits. We know this is the cause as advanced tools like HD Fury Vertex can trick the TV into thinking it's 1000 nits content and give correct looking HDR (very complex thing to setup far beyond normal users).
      This is entirely fixable by giving us a menu under game mode to force the TV to tone map to 1000 nits instead. If you read around online I'm almost certain this is what the special "Active HDR dynamic contrast = low" under Cinema mode does but this setting is not the same under any other preset.  Maybe the "Active HDR" trick is not possible under game mode but forcing the TV to 1000 nits tone mapping is because the HD Fury Vertex can do it so the TV has the capability.
      The 2018 models do not have this issue as they have "Dynamic Tone Mapping" under picture options so please throw us 2017 owners a bone on this, thanks.
      (Yes game consoles could possible fix this by sending metadata but that's unlikely).
    • By AspieMum
      I installed a few apps trying to get Casting to work that didn't work properly and I can't find anyway to uninstall them. My TV doesn't seem to have edit mode perhaps because I have had it a few years (pre-2018 some when- possibly its 10 years old or more as I can't remember when I got it). Anyone know how I can uninstall them? 
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Michael Cutts
      I don’t use screen share.  Suddenly SCREEN SHARE is showing up highlighted when I am trying to select the HDMI that I need to be using.  However, since SCREEN SHARE is already highlighted and will not go away, it keeps everything else with exception from antenna tv from working.  I have gone into the SCREEN SHARE APP  and was able to deactivate the sound.  Could not figure out away to cancel completely.  Please help!
    • By yippie_kiyay
      My new LG TV (65UM6900PUA) running WebOS 04.71.25 works great with HomeKit, with the exception that it is not reachable while it is turned off. If I try to turn it on in the home app, it says "No Response."  I have changed the 'Turn on via Wi-Fi' setting to on, and it will turn on from the 'LG TV Plus' app, but not from the iOS home app. Is there a specific setting or something I need to change?
    • By robertapple1
      Hi,

From the Netherlands. I have a OLED 55C9. Airplay 2 works partly. But Homekit doesn't at all!. When scanning the QR code generated by the TV, the TV says it has been configured with Homekit. However, my Homekit app says that adding the LG OLED has failed. The tv is connected by ethernet and WiFi, the iPhone on the same wifi....With other iPhone no result either.
      Some Airplay features work, others not:
      MacBook Pro:  ScreenMirror works, playing films from iTunes works, playing films directly from QuickTime and selecting Airplay to LG TV DOESN'T work.
      iPhone: Airplay works with all features.

Anyone know a solution???
    • By Alex
      SEOUL, July 24, 2019 — LG Electronics (LG) today announced that Apple AirPlay 2 and HomeKit are available starting July 25 on its 2019 AI TV lineup, making LG the first global TV manufacturer to support HomeKit. These Apple features will be available through a firmware update for 2019 LG OLED TVs, NanoCell TVs and UHD TVs with ThinQ AI capability.
      With AirPlay 2, LG 2019 AI TV owners can effortlessly stream content — including Dolby Vision titles – from iPhone, iPad and Mac straight to their TV sets. Users can stream their favorite movies and television shows from the Apple TV app and other video apps as well as view photos directly on their LG AI TVs. Users can also play Apple Podcasts, Apple Music and music from their library or other streaming services through their LG AI TV and other AirPlay 2-compatible speakers in their home at the same time – all in sync.
      HomeKit enables users to conveniently control their smart home with the Home app or via Siri on their Apple devices. LG AI TVs can be easily added to the Home app, from which users can access basic TV functions such as power, volume and source. LG AI TVs can also be added to scenes or automations along with other HomeKit accessories.
      “LG remains at the forefront of TV technological innovation because of our never-ending quest to deliver the best home viewing experience,” said Brian Kwon, president LG Mobile Communications and Home Entertainment companies. “With Apple AirPlay 2 and HomeKit support, we are demonstrating our commitment to offering consumer benefits that go beyond just best-in-class picture quality.”
      Apple AirPlay 2 and HomeKit will begin rolling out to owners of LG OLED and NanoCell TVs in more than 140 countries starting this week, with the update continuing over the weeks to follow.

Source: 
      link hidden, please login to view