Quantcast

Dolby Vision Appearing Green

Nishanth Noble

Question

5 answers to this question

@Nishanth Noble 

It is possible that one of the "expert mode settings" is not correct for some media types being decoded. I did see mention of a bug in some sort of "lookup table" for this stuff, in another forum. Try temporarily turning off the "dynamic tone-mapping" in settings -> Picture -> Picture Mode Settings. Then see if the affected test videos are improved or not.

If no difference, try testing with other modes off or on as needed, BUT- DO REMEMBER your initial settings, so you can get it back to your normal settings for regular TV viewing. Take a photo of your settings on your phone or camera before starting changing anything.

Another thing you could look for is "Enhanced Format". Some Sony and other TV's have these below, so if you can find your settings for these, use the SECOND option, NOT the first one, for Dolby Vision to work properly.
• Enhanced format = [email protected] 4:4:4 HDR10
• Enhanced format (Dolby Vision) = [email protected] 4:4:4 HDR Dolby Vision

NOTE: if you DO find that (e.g. dynamic tone-mapping) is the culprit, then report it to your country LG Support site, as this forum is ONLY a peer-to-peer enthusiasts forum, and is NOT OWNED OR RUN BY LG. If users do that, then there is more chance of a fix from LG.

Edited by td47
typo

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Derek Weselake (WEZ)
      Hey there,  I have had a  OLED55B6P for ten months and I love it but

I have a problem all a sudden, just today it starts to show a black screen with fire works every minutes if I don't press a button on the remote.

I have no eco mode on, no power save modes on, TV firmwire is up to date, and tried turning off on and on the tv.

anyone know how to fix?
    • By Alex
      All LG TVs with webOS 4.0 or higher (2018 - current models)
      You can sign up for Paramount+ on your LG TV with these simple steps:
      Launch the Paramount+ app, and select "Sign Up".  You'll see an access code displayed on your TV screen.  Visit paramountplus.com/lg on your computer or mobile web browser, and enter your access code, then click "Activate". Choose a subscription plan, then click "Continue."  You will be prompted to create a Paramount+ account, or if you already have one, sign in. Enter your payment information, then click "Start Paramount+."  You'll see a confirmation screen, and you can return to your TV to stream Paramount+. Stream Paramount+ on your LG TV (existing subscribers)
      Once you have added the Paramount+ app, there are two ways to sign in:
      On your TV Go to Settings > Sign In.
      Select On my TV. Enter the email address and password you used when subscribing to Paramount+ and select Sign In. That’s it!
      On paramountplus.com
      Go to Settings > Sign In.  Select On paramountplus.com.
      You’ll be presented with a website and a code. Make a note of this code—you’ll need it for the next step.
      Visit paramountplus.com/lg on your computer or mobile device, enter your activation code, and select "Activate". If you’re not signed in to Paramount+ on your computer, you’ll need to do so here. 
      Your screen will refresh, and you can start streaming on your LG TV.
      Read more here: 
      link hidden, please login to view
    • By Reggie Thayil
      Recently my LG C1 has been pausing on its own and going back to the profile selection screen while using native apps. This issue occurs while using Netflix, Disney+, Paramount+, etc.  I tried using my Firestick and it kept pausing my program. I tried a hard reset and that fixed the problem for 2 days before it started again with Disney+. 
      I need a fix for this issue ASAP. 
    • By Cookie112
      Hello,
      I have a ThinQ LG TV, and there is a feature called 'Home Dashboard'. For some reason, when the TV is turned on, it opens HDMI 1 instead of the Home Dashboard.
      Is there a way to make it so that the dashboard opens by default instead of the HDMI?
    • By News Reporter
      With Earth Day just around the corner, what better time to get serious about going green? Taking the first steps doesn’t have to be difficult as today’s smart home tech can help kickstart your journey to sustainability by providing an effortless way to shrink household energy and water use. LG’s smart home platform, LG ThinQ, introduces a variety of new, eco-responsible features that deliver maximum convenience while putting you further along the path to greener living. Here’s a look at how the latest smart technologies from LG can help transform the home into a place where ‘Earth Day is every day.’

Energy Saving Made Simple
      Saving energy at home is much simpler with the LG ThinQ app and its smart sustainability features, which allow users to effortlessly optimize the energy efficiency of their appliances. The app even takes usage patterns into consideration – for instance, it can adjust the refrigerator’s power consumption to the lowest level during nighttime hours, when family members or roommates are far less likely to be opening and shutting the fridge door in search of ingredients or snacks. One unexpected perk is that you’ll be able to see exactly how much energy you’re saving with these energy-efficient activities as well. With the ThinQ app by your side, you’ll gain insight into the monthly usage insights of your household gadgets.
      Remote control and monitoring features also help to cut unnecessary electricity use. Let’s say, for example, that the front door has been locked and everyone has set off for a much-needed vacation, but one of the appliances has accidentally been left on. With the LG ThinQ app, that’s not a problem. From any location, simply pull out your smartphone, check the status of each appliance,1 then turn off whichever one is still running. With that done, there’s nothing left to do but get down to the serious business of R & R.

Handy Notification for Preventing Waste
      Beyond reducing how much energy is used at home, how else can we be more sustainable in our daily lives? The LG ThinQ app provides some well thought-out answers with features such as the food expiration date alert. Letting users know when fresh food stored in their fridge is getting close to expiring, these useful alerts can help prevent perfectly good food from going to waste – which is simultaneously good for the planet and household grocery spending. All you need do is register the expiration date of each food item when putting them in the refrigerator. And if you still haven’t gotten around to using a particular ingredient by the time its best-by date is imminent, the app will conveniently remind you with a handy smartphone notification.
      Moving from the kitchen to the laundry room, the LG ThinQ app offers a clever cycle-recommendation feature that ensures clean clothes without any waste of water or detergent. After LG’s smart washer – with the help of the company’s AI DD technology – has determined fabric-type and load-weight, the app suggests the optimal cycle for the job: one that uses only what is needed to deliver the best results for your laundry, and for the environment.

Extending the Lifespan of Home Appliances
      Keeping appliances in top working order is always a good idea as it will help to extend their lifespan and save you money. Not only does this worthwhile endeavor lead to fewer big-ticket purchases for the home over the long run, it can also potentially save you money every month by helping to prevent excessive power consumption during regular operation. Another plus to taking good care of your appliances it that it puts less strain on the world’s recycling plants, which play an important role in preserving the Earth’s finite resources. Designed to support users in maintaining their LG home appliances, the ThinQ app’s Smart Diagnosis feature2 makes it possible to conduct quick checkups to ensure that everything is functioning as intended. In addition to preventative care, the app provides reminders when it’s time to replace a product’s filters.
      Taking things a step further, LG recently announced the upcoming launch of its Upgradeable Appliances – appliances that let users download new features and functions from the ThinQ app’s Upgrade Center, and enjoy more and more value over time. Offering new and constantly evolving user experiences without the need to ‘upgrade’ to a newer model, LG’s Upgradeable Appliance paradigm has the potential to further extend the lifespan of the company’s electronics products and help ease the global problem of e-waste.
      With the latest smart home technologies from providers like LG, life can be more convenient and more sustainable than ever. Happy Earth Day!
      # # #
      1 LG ThinQ App compatible products, services and available features may vary depending on model or region/country.
      2 Smart Diagnosis logo may vary depending on the regions and product models.

link hidden, please login to view
  • Similar Tagged Content