Quantcast

Plex DVR bug won't allow SD viewing of recordings

If you are a big Plex user and use it to DVR OTA TV you may want to wait to purchase and LG WebOS TV. The current version of the Plex client will not stream 4801/p recorded tv from your server. LG can't do anything about this it is a PLEX issue.  Here is my post to the PLEX forum:

##################################################################

Server Version#: 1.16.1.1291
Player Version#: 3.108.1 (Chrome), 3.107.1 (LG TV)
HDHomerun Connect Duo.

All DVR recordings play well on my Chromebook and the client on the NVidia Shield. All recordings play well on the client for my LG TV EXCEPT anything recorded at 480i. These recordings skip. I connected a Roku to my LG TV and Plex recordings recorded at 480i do not skip using the Roku Plex app.

PLEX Live TV at 480i on my LG TV also plays well without skipping. There appears to be a bug in the WebOS app playing recordings encoded at 480i (MPEG2VIDEO). Anything at 720i plays fine.

I have looked through the forum for about 30 minutes and I haven’t found anything exactly like my problem. Can anyone help?

##################################################################

This points to one issue about WebOS if you are comparing it to other smart TV's. Support of WebOS by third parties is shaky. For example when I first purchased my LG TV a few months ago Pandora was not an available app. Fortunately the Pandora app is now available. I'm hoping when PLEX issues an update to the WebOS version my issue will be corrected. If someone else has had this issue and found a fix let me know. My fix has been to pull out my old Roku and stream through it. Not ideal.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By DavidSr
      We have two LG TV's that stopped connecting to our PLEX media server after the last update. TImes out saying "Checking connection speed to Raspberrypi" which the PLEX is on
      Upgraded the Mesh Routers before trying anything, still only the PLEX app doesn't work
      Our other TCL TV and Roku and TIVO still work with Plex, so this is only the LG TV's that can't connect anymore.
      Another annoying error after the last update is that any Streaming app (Amazon, Netflix, and DIsney) now fall out of the app and go back to HDMI port 1 if we pause for 30 seconds.  Which we have always done for a Bathroom break or getting drinks.
    • By Alex222222222
      Hello,
      I purchased an IP surveillance camera and I don't know how to connect it to LG TV. I have already wasted several days looking for applications and ways to connect but in vain, only now do I realize how "poor" the application portfolio of this TV is. Pretty sad. Anyway, I'm looking for an application with which I can watch my surveillance camera live. The camera is from TP-link and supports RTSP/Onvif Protocols.
    • By Ghame View
      Not sure if this has been previously posted.

Recently switched from a LG Nano Cell 85 to the LG C3 and really disappointed that now the Home button takes you to the full screen Home Page instead of showing a "Shelf" (I think I have the right term for it) of installed Apps. (image attached of what it used to look like)

It just feels better to be able to still watch/hear content while I am making a decision to switch or maybe even possibly even not because something catches my attention. I would say it is more efficient and less intrusive for my viewing experience.

If this can be implemented as an additional option again, that would be great!

• By News Reporter
      Designed for Home Entertainment, LG’s Premium Micro LED Offers Stunning 4K
      Images on a Breathtaking 118-Inch Display and Easy Content Access With webOS

SEOUL, Sep. 11, 2023 — LG Electronics (LG) announces the newest addition to its LG MAGNIT lineup of premium Micro LED displays. The new model (LSAL006) provides immersive home entertainment experiences via an expansive 118-inch, 4K (3,840 x 2,160) resolution screen featuring LG’s Micro LED technology and a miniscule 0.68-millimeter pixel pitch. Possessing the elegance and scale befitting a super-luxury residence, the impressive display offers a seamless user experience with webOS, a wealth of content services, and convenient streaming from a wide range of devices.1
      Delivering unparalleled picture quality through the brilliance of Micro LED technology, the new LG MAGNIT allows customers to enjoy complete viewing immersion in the comfort of their own homes. The cutting-edge display’s micro-scale pixels and the integration of LG’s Surface Treatment technology ensure excellent image reproduction with vivid colors and outstanding contrast.
      Equipped with the company’s AI-powered ɑ (Alpha) 9 Intelligent Processor, LG MAGNIT optimizes picture quality for various types of content, including movies, sports and games. The processor leverages advanced deep-learning algorithms and an extensive visual database covering a wide range of content genres, enabling it to intelligently analyze and adjust image quality according to what the user is watching. Along with automatic genre-based picture optimization, LG MAGNIT features AI brightness control and comes with functions that enhance facial detail and upscale on-screen text, boosting usability and viewers’ sense of immersion.
      LG’s new Micro LED also features the company’s own webOS smart TV platform, which offers easy navigation and access to a growing catalog of popular streaming apps, including Amazon Prime Video, Disney+ and YouTube.2 Incorporating two 50W, 4.2 channel speakers and supporting enhanced audio return channel (eARC), LG MAGNIT lets users enjoy bold, cinematic sound that helps make their favorite content lifelike.
      LG’s latest LG MAGNIT boasts seamless connectivity, with support for Apple AirPlay 2 and Miracast to mirror the mobile screen from both iOS and Android OS devices. It also comes with four HDMI 2.1 ports for convenient connection to compatible devices, has built-in Bluetooth and is WiSA Ready for wireless spatial sound. For installation flexibility, customers have the choice of wall-mounting or the stand-type option.3
      Additionally, LG’s latest Micro LED prioritizes user safety, and the safety of the installation environment, as evidenced by its successful completion of flame-spread tests. The product’s BS476 Part 7 Class 1 rating4 underscores its exceptional fire resistance. Furthermore, LG MAGNIT adheres to international certification standards aimed at alleviating visual fatigue, emitting low levels of blue light.5
      As demonstrated at CEDIA Expo 2023 (September 7-9, Denver, Colorado), the world’s premier event for residential tech, LG MAGNIT takes home theater to the next level when paired with the premium home audio solutions from Bang & Olufsen.6 LG’s continuing collaboration with Bang & Olufsen – which began with the 136-inch LG MAGNIT and has now been extended to the 118-inch model – brings customers remarkable home cinema experiences.
      “The new LG MAGNIT introduces our state-of-the-art Micro LED display technology to private homes, allowing residential customers to experience impressive picture quality on a cinematic scale,” said Paik Ki-mun, senior vice president and head of the Information Display business unit of LG Electronics Business Solutions Company. “We will continue to expand our lineup of Micro LED products for home use; complementing the new 118-inch model and previously released 136-inch model with innovative solutions that further strengthen our leadership in the premium display market.”
      The new LG MAGNIT is currently available in the U.S. and will be rolled out to markets worldwide starting this month. To learn more about the cutting-edge product, visit
      link hidden, please login to view. # # #
      1 Streaming performance depends on the quality of the network environment.
      2 Many streaming apps available on webOS require a paid subscription.
      3 Wall-mount and stand types are available as purchase options.
      4 The LED module with product number (LSAL006) has been evaluated for spread of flame at 1.5min and final spread of flame under BS 476 Part7:1997COR.1:2014 procedures, verified by BST Testing Co., Ltd in July 2023, and has satisfied Class 1 (165+25mm) standard requirements. (Certification number XD444237674070401SR)
      5 The LSAL006-G2* LED module passed a TÜV Rheinland-approved test following “2 PfG Q2498/09.19 Eye Comfort 2.0 Evaluation,” which covers various performance aspects including white balance, color difference, gamma difference, wide color gamut, low blue light and flicker management. (Verification Code: Q50598152)
      6 Bang & Olufsen speakers require separate purchase and installation.

• By sadfsfdAszdFGAsdeF
      I was asked to integrate at LG, I got all the correct emails now it wont let me log in there or to my TV. What sort of back end is LG running

Seriously? What the hell?
  • Similar Tagged Content