Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Arwin Roe

Plex DVR bug won't allow SD viewing of recordings

If you are a big Plex user and use it to DVR OTA TV you may want to wait to purchase and LG WebOS TV. The current version of the Plex client will not stream 4801/p recorded tv from your server. LG can't do anything about this it is a PLEX issue.  Here is my post to the PLEX forum:

##################################################################

Server Version#: 1.16.1.1291
Player Version#: 3.108.1 (Chrome), 3.107.1 (LG TV)
HDHomerun Connect Duo.

All DVR recordings play well on my Chromebook and the client on the NVidia Shield. All recordings play well on the client for my LG TV EXCEPT anything recorded at 480i. These recordings skip. I connected a Roku to my LG TV and Plex recordings recorded at 480i do not skip using the Roku Plex app.

PLEX Live TV at 480i on my LG TV also plays well without skipping. There appears to be a bug in the WebOS app playing recordings encoded at 480i (MPEG2VIDEO). Anything at 720i plays fine.

I have looked through the forum for about 30 minutes and I haven’t found anything exactly like my problem. Can anyone help?

##################################################################

This points to one issue about WebOS if you are comparing it to other smart TV's. Support of WebOS by third parties is shaky. For example when I first purchased my LG TV a few months ago Pandora was not an available app. Fortunately the Pandora app is now available. I'm hoping when PLEX issues an update to the WebOS version my issue will be corrected. If someone else has had this issue and found a fix let me know. My fix has been to pull out my old Roku and stream through it. Not ideal.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• Disney Plus on LG webOS TVs

I was reading a few articles on the launch of Disney Plus but they did not list any of the tvs such as LG webos or samsung tv. I hope disney plus comes out in lg tvs.  Its supposed to launch November 12th in the US for $6.99 a month or $69.99 a year. They also said there will be a $12.99-per-month trio bundle of Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ that is coming. I'm already doing espn for $4.99, I may do the entire bundle to get hulu also, not sure, At the minimum, I am definitely going to get Disney plus

in LG webOS Wish List

• How To Downgrade webOS TV Firmware Tutorial

LGDTVUPDATER     1. Download LgDTVUpDater [ MEGA | MediaFire ] Updated 19 OCT 2015 2. Unrar and put LgDTVUpDater folder in C:\ 3. Open C:\LgDTVUpDater\dns\AcrylicHosts.txt 4. Change 192.168.0.11 with your local IP address 5. Save and exit 6. Go back to C:\LgDTVUpDater folder 7. Run startDNS.bat and don´t close it 8. Run startHTTP.bat and don´t close it 9. Go to TV Menu > Network Settings > Ethernet/WiFi > Edit > Uncheck Set Automatically > Change DNS IP to your local IP address &g

in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• Question: WebOs 4.5 Multi-view?

Hello everyone, I just got the 50UM7500BSP TV, so i know that the webOS 3.0 and 3.5 has the function of Multi-view, where you can see two entrys of video at the same time spliting the screen. So my answer is the webOS 4.5 has that function? because i cant do it on my TV (well know is up to date at webOS 4.7). I ask to the LG support and they told me that yes it has it, but i cant find it, i dont know if its a app now or what. Please help me, i need this function.

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Question: Unable to download user agreement

Unable to download user agreement 

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• LG to show webOS Smart Fridge at CES 2017

The news out today as reported by Pulse News is that LG is planning to debut a webOS powered smart fridge this coming week at CES 2017. So what we know now is that webOS will be shown on TVs (we have that now), the new projector, signage (we have that now), and now a smart fridge! Stay tuned as it looks like the webOS ecosystem is growing!         According to the consumer-electronics industry Sunday, LG will unveil its smart fridge which runs webOS at CES 2017 to be held from Jan. 5 to 8

in LG webOS Smart Refrigerator

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Noel Walker
      When trying to load the Plex app on an LGWebOs smart TV, app says :-
      CHECK NETWORK CONNECTION    Error CODE : -337
      This may be a temporary issue. 
      Please try again later. 
      (RETRY)     (EXIT APP)

Firstly my network connection is fine. Netflix and YouTube loads and runs just seamlessly. This has only been happening in the last few months If I (RETRY) after a long wait sometimes it connects and loads correctly or I get the same error again. I have tried other Plex clients on my home server and they work just fine.  Specs:
      LG OLED65C8PTA TV running Web OS 04.10.15. LG Plex client app is version 2.1.6 from Sep 2016 Plex server is on my QNAP NAS and at version 1.13.5.291 from Sep 2018. I guess my question is, if the LG Plex client app hasn't changed since 2016 and my Plex server is working for other clients, then what is going wrong?
      Cheers
      Noel

• By Misel Mesnjak
      Hi,

When will Plex App Support Plex Cloud features? It needs SSL support, as far as I understand, to support the possibility to use Plex Cloud instance as a server.
    • By Misel Mesnjak
      Hi,
      When will Plex app available in the store support Plex Cloud solution? Needs https/SSL support as it seems...
      Or is there any alternative for that?
    • By intelgen
      Hi LG, your Web OS is really well built, but there are a few essential features lacking.
      Such as:

- Folder filtering in the SmartShare App (We all need this ASAP, the navigation is a nightmare!).
      - Audio stream selection within video files in the SmartShare App.
      - A PLEX App the collaborates nicely with the PLEX Client.

- Faster start up times. From when you power on the TV to being able to quickly access the home menu and change the Volume, channel, etc.
        If you have to just offer an option to put the TV into a low power state/sleep (for as long as the user wishes) so you can resume quick menu navigation almost straight away.
        (and unlike Sony don't make it so after a few hours of the TV being asleep it fully powers down. (THIS IS NOT USEFULL, and is the reason I took my Sony TV back to JB HI-FI
        And bought yours).
        You could call this feature "PowerAct", or "instant on" it would make 'Life Good' and easier

- Auto backlight brightness? I have the Australian LB 6500 and I can't seem to find a Auto-Backlight/dimming feature anywhere, and seeing as I use it in my room, when the lights are off 
        I want it to dim so I don't go blind. I don't know if you've implemented a Ambient light sensor or not, but for $1,800 I would think you should have.

- If you would Like anymore Feedback/Suggestions, Feature requests or ideas from me then just PM me or write on this thread

Thank you LG, and thank you for being one of the very few 'Innovative' companies around today.