Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Mihai B.

how to "forget/skip" wrong XPLAY update

Question

Hello,

I've read on the XPLAY forum about various problems with the latest version, so I decided to postpone the update until the issues are solved.
I really don't know where the problem is but the developer said:
"They have approved a quiet old version what has no online update functionality and the only way to fix anything or add new functionality is to send it to LG QA team … but they arrrrr soooooo much slow. Ive send them (on several days ago) version latest dev version with online update functionality. It will allow me to react to bugs much faster …"

My setup is:
TV: LG 55EG920V, WebOS 2.0, Software version 04.25.70
XPLAY: 20180322.1.2.8 (ONLINE)
PLEX: 1.13.8.5395

The version available for update in LG content store is 2.189.171 (08.10.2018). Many users complained they couldn't login anymore after upgrading to this version.

Could you please tell me what is the correct version should I update and when it'll be available for my TV?
Also, is there any way to skip this update?  I just want to avoid an accidental update which would broke the functionality...

Kind regards,

12 answers to this question

Yes it is, with XPLAY you can direct stream/play (without transcoding) 4k content, while PLEX official app cannot do that.  My PLEX server runs on a raspberry pi3, so transcoding is out of the question...

Kind regards,

• Like 1

Hi

Since the developer (xplay.itkey.ru) didn't solve the issue yet, I have decided to block the whole LG Content Store at DNS level (pi-holed). Now when I try to open the Content Store it says it has no network connectivity, which is the desired behaviour for now. But even so, when I open the app I still have two options, update and launch.

The question is what would happen if I choose update, the new version is already downloaded on the TV and just starts installing, or the TV  first try to download the update from the Content Store?

Best regards,

I have installed the latest version and everything seems to be working fine. After the update I had to register the player again at Plex website.

I guess you are among the lucky ones, in my content store for webos2.0 I currently have 2.189.171 available for download.  This version was reported as broken by many users. 

What version of webos do you have?

Ha, interesting! When I open Content store it says 2.189.171 and date 08. Oct. But, within the application, the version is as above.

Different WebOS, different behaviour maybe. I won't update until the issue is sorted up by LG or developer.

Is 4k direct play still working after the update?