Quantcast

LG LAUNCHES THE GOOGLE ASSISTANT ON 2018 AI-ENABLED TVS

ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J. May 8, 2018 — LG Electronics USA announced the Google Assistant is launched on its 2018 AI TV line-up. This includes both LG OLED TVs and LG SUPER UHD TVs with ThinQ AI, which will deliver cutting-edge AI features operated directly through the TV’s remote control with no additional hardware required. As previewed at CES® 2018, the collaboration between Google and LG will add more convenience in consumers’ lives, and the synergistic effects expected from this technology partnership will particularly impact LG’s award-winning TVs. Full press release: 

webOS Google Assistant

link hidden, please login to view

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and how about bringing the possibility to use alexa and google home  to control the tv   on late 2017 models  my tv has been manufacture dating  end of october   2017   they said web os  3.5 devices were to update to 4.0 but nothingin fact it didn t received an update  yet except on apps  and even lacks.of bluetooth  and magic remote  and the worst part is that same model as uj6500 which is now uk6500 has all of this    in a 2 month gap and we can t even turn on the tv with a google home. 

10 hours ago, Ta Lo said:

Does it mean the tv is "Chromecast-able"?

well you can cast to most tvs  theses days well not trough the cast option in the phone settings  but trought the apps ..you tube for exemple  you can  press the cast icon and send it to pretty much any tv  with  wifi  that allows  a phone connection   works on lg samsung, roku tv , sony , sharp  .. to  name a few  well it work on the 2017 lg fine  but  now what it means is that the 2o18 series  have   the google  assistant integrated   into it so  it acts  like a google home smart speaker  and can perform most tasks and request requests i believe and unless they decide otherwise it is  still limited meaning you cannot shop  have access on  sensitive data such as bank statememts   set reminders  or ask for an alarm   well   this  might have changed but  as for me  on every third party video devices that has the google assistant integrated    thoses functions dont work but since you can put an alarm on a tv i guess it could  now work  but  to give you an awnser to your specific question  YES it has chromecast built in so no more chromecast stick  and  as a bonus  it is voice controlled  so  you  can ask  for stuff  instead of browsing   from your phone first  and it  can turn on  the lights    and  other things 

maybeping and 

14 hours ago, Matthieu Michaud said:

and how about bringing the possibility to use alexa and google home  to control the tv   on late 2017 models  my tv has been manufacture dating  end of october   2017   they said web os  3.5 devices were to update to 4.0 but nothingin fact it didn t received an update  yet except on apps  and even lacks.of bluetooth  and magic remote  and the worst part is that same model as uj6500 which is now uk6500 has all of this    in a 2 month gap and we can t even turn on the tv with a google home. 

I bought a oled65B7P last december, not impressed and angry at LG not willing to upg to v4.0. The only way I figured to turn on this tv with Google Home and Alexa  was to buy a Logitech Harmony device. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By TimtheToolMan
      We just purchased a new LG WebOS TV OLED 65" and running the setup through the app or the TV remote says it can't load the user agreement. This is blocking us from getting to streaming apps like Nexflix or any smart functions like Voice assistant.
      TV worked fine for a few days but voice assistant stopped working and after much effort LG tech said to  Reset to Initial Settings. Now we have mentioned no smart functions. TV is on ethernet and its browser functions on web fine. Tried running off neighbor's wifi with same results.
      Tried switching to different country, unplugging/hold power button for 20 seconds/wait one minute,  resetting TV multiple times, setting up remote again, ...
      Error message: Unable to Load User Agreements  A server error has occurred while downloading  the User Agreements. You must download and agree to the terms of the User Agreements to use this feature or application. Do you want to try to download them again… Unable to Load User Agreements  Sorry, but the User Agreements  can't be downloaded at this time…Please check your internet connection and try again later.    No change when trying over five days.
      Now there is no local company available to service TV. Maybe it's time to send it back and give LG TV a one star rating. I am willing to change motherboards but doubt if LG would go along with that.
      Anyone have any ideas.

• By News Reporter
      LG’s Labor Union Among NGOs Singled Out for Promoting UN’s Aims and Purposes

SEOUL, Jan. 18, 2022 — Unionized workers at LG Electronics (LG) in South Korea have been conferred special consultative status by the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC) for their efforts to prioritize ESG in the workplace. Being the first Korean labor union to be awarded such status with the UN is testament to the LG’s prioritization and continued dedication to union social responsibility (USR), a key component of the company’s commitment to ESG management.
      Consultative status is granted by ECOSOC upon recommendation by the Committee on NGOs, which is composed of 19 member states all who must demonstrate that their work has direct relevance to the aims and purposes of the United Nations. The recognition allows non-governmental organizations (NGOs) access to the many subsidiaries of the ECOSOC and the human rights expertise of the UN. Since the LG Electronics Union Social Responsibility Charter was introduced in 2010, LG assembly plant workers worldwide have signed on to the organization’s vision.
      While ESG evokes images of the environment and volunteerism in most people’s minds, how a company treats its employees, one of its most important stakeholder groups, is a critical component of an organization’s ESG performance. According to , companies that score high in employee satisfaction and their ability to attract good talent have significantly higher ESG scores than other organizations.
      “We are of course extremely proud of the recognition bestowed upon us by the UN for our efforts to fulfill our responsibilities to our members, society and the environment,” said Bae Sang-ho, the head of LG Electronics’ Union. “We are committed to leveraging this honor to encourage other unions to expand their own USR activities.”
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Alex
      Discovery+, the company’s subscription streaming service, is filling in some holes in its distribution lineup through a new agreement with LG.
      The app is now available on LG smart TVs in the U.S. including the company’s lineup of OLED TVs and QNED MiniLED TVs dating back to 2018 models. Users can now access discovery+ on LG’s webOS platform by saying "discovery plus" into their LG Magic Remote.
      Discovery+, which sells for $4.99 per month or $6.99 per month with no ads, is also available on Android and iOS devices, Android TV, Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Samsung and Xbox.
      "We are thrilled to expand the availability of discovery+ and provide LG customers a direct and easy way to stream our much-loved brands, series and talent," said Gabriel Sauerhoff, senior vice president of digital distribution and commercial partnerships for Discovery, Inc., in a statement. "The announcement of discovery+ on LG Smart TVs builds upon our existing relationship with a valued partner, and we look forward to the continued growth of discovery+ and reaching more fans around the world."
      The launch on LG TVs comes just one day after Discovery announced that Discovery+ will be available in Canada beginning October 18. The service will be priced at Can$4.99 per month, with an ad-free version available for Can$6.99 per month, and each account will include up to five user profiles and four concurrent streams.
      Discovery Inc. is currently in the process of merging with WarnerMedia, which will be spun off from AT&T. In August, Discovery CEO David Zaslav said he was recently in Washington, D.C. and didn’t pick up on any potential headwinds for the deal that will bring together HBO Max and Discovery+ under one banner.
      “There’s broad support for this transaction. We haven’t heard any pushback, we haven’t seen any public pushback,” he said. “Right now, it feels for us on every level like we’re seeing green lights. We’re not seeing any yellow or red lights.”
      Discovery and AT&T expect the deal to close by mid-2022.
      Source: 
      link hidden, please login to view Discovery+ is available in Canada as of October 18.

• By Steve Bowes-Phipps
      My LG TV works great with terrestrial TV (I have no sound bar) but when I stream content from, say NowTV, iPlayer, etc, particularly films, the background sounds and music are louder than the speech, making the viewing experience quite frustrating.
      Is there something I can do to improve this?  I am already on Clear Speech in the settings.  I don't mind if it's a sound bar or audio streamer I need to get, but I want to know why it only affects streamed content and what I can do about it?
      Many thanks in advance for your help forumites!
      Steve
    • By Atom99
      Just bought this TV .Face problem  with Language and subtitle setting.
      1) Not able to set subtitle in English when watching Japanese program.
      2) Not able to switch to Korean speaking language from Chinese language.
      Anyone can advise. Thank you in advance
  • Similar Tagged Content