Quantcast

LG LAUNCHES THE GOOGLE ASSISTANT ON 2018 AI-ENABLED TVS

ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J. May 8, 2018 — LG Electronics USA announced the Google Assistant is launched on its 2018 AI TV line-up. This includes both LG OLED TVs and LG SUPER UHD TVs with ThinQ AI, which will deliver cutting-edge AI features operated directly through the TV’s remote control with no additional hardware required. As previewed at CES® 2018, the collaboration between Google and LG will add more convenience in consumers’ lives, and the synergistic effects expected from this technology partnership will particularly impact LG’s award-winning TVs. Full press release: 

link hidden, please login to view

webOS Google Assistant

and how about bringing the possibility to use alexa and google home  to control the tv   on late 2017 models  my tv has been manufacture dating  end of october   2017   they said web os  3.5 devices were to update to 4.0 but nothingin fact it didn t received an update  yet except on apps  and even lacks.of bluetooth  and magic remote  and the worst part is that same model as uj6500 which is now uk6500 has all of this    in a 2 month gap and we can t even turn on the tv with a google home. 

10 hours ago, Ta Lo said:

Does it mean the tv is "Chromecast-able"?

well you can cast to most tvs  theses days well not trough the cast option in the phone settings  but trought the apps ..you tube for exemple  you can  press the cast icon and send it to pretty much any tv  with  wifi  that allows  a phone connection   works on lg samsung, roku tv , sony , sharp  .. to  name a few  well it work on the 2017 lg fine  but  now what it means is that the 2o18 series  have   the google  assistant integrated   into it so  it acts  like a google home smart speaker  and can perform most tasks and request requests i believe and unless they decide otherwise it is  still limited meaning you cannot shop  have access on  sensitive data such as bank statememts   set reminders  or ask for an alarm   well   this  might have changed but  as for me  on every third party video devices that has the google assistant integrated    thoses functions dont work but since you can put an alarm on a tv i guess it could  now work  but  to give you an awnser to your specific question  YES it has chromecast built in so no more chromecast stick  and  as a bonus  it is voice controlled  so  you  can ask  for stuff  instead of browsing   from your phone first  and it  can turn on  the lights    and  other things 

maybeping and 

14 hours ago, Matthieu Michaud said:

and how about bringing the possibility to use alexa and google home  to control the tv   on late 2017 models  my tv has been manufacture dating  end of october   2017   they said web os  3.5 devices were to update to 4.0 but nothingin fact it didn t received an update  yet except on apps  and even lacks.of bluetooth  and magic remote  and the worst part is that same model as uj6500 which is now uk6500 has all of this    in a 2 month gap and we can t even turn on the tv with a google home. 

I bought a oled65B7P last december, not impressed and angry at LG not willing to upg to v4.0. The only way I figured to turn on this tv with Google Home and Alexa  was to buy a Logitech Harmony device. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By 152bobby
      I have been trying to get my Google Home and Nest Audio Speakers to turn my LG OLED65C24LA TV on and off.   I have linked ThinQ to Google Home but it still wouldn't work.  So plan B was to get a Chromecast to do this one simple voice activated request....I have no intentions of using Chromecast for anything else!
      So this actually does work, however, when asking it to turn the TV on, it defaults to the home page of Chromecast TV, I want it to just open to my normal TV system, which is Sky Q.  Ideally, I would like to disconnect the Chromecast and just get Google Home and ThinQ to do this !!
      I have checked every setting and trawled the internet for a solution.  I've posted on the AV Forum in the UK and the Google Forum and I'm waiting on a call back from LG Support UK.
      I expected this to be a VERY simple task !!
      Can anyone help with this ?
    • By Maor
      Hi !
      I am going to buy a new LG TV, probably - which comes with WebOS (not android TV). Now, one of the features I really liked with Android TV is the ability to set ambient mode with chosen google photos albums. Is it possible also with WebOS? (without connecting any external streamer, I prefer to use the TV operating system).

Thanks!
      Maor
    • By ForbiddenDOnut
      The title more or less says it. I got an LG C3 over the weekend. I have chromecast with google tv for the other TVs in the house so was hoping to stay within that ecosystem. The native apps work well (except that Plex won't play dolby vision), but I've noticed a strange quirk with the chromecast. It plays Dolby Vision just fine and without issues, but standard HDR content gets played in SDR. I've made sure that the "Deep Color" mode is enabled for that HDMI port, but I'm not sure where the trouble is coming form.
      Any insights or things to try would be appreciated!
    • By AVTech
      I have been in hi end AV technology for years and I have purchased a ThinQ "smart" TV. After finally finding a way to stop the ridiculous loud static start up now I want to find a way to have the TV start at an installed app (Google TV etc.) instead of the unused antenna or HDMI input. It seem this would be the default if not just an option on a smart TV when actually using installed apps. Have I been missing something or is this some bizarre epic fail? 

Thanks 
    • By News Reporter
      Company’s 97-Inch OLED TV With Zero Connect Technology Set for Global Launch

SEOUL, Aug. 3, 2023 — LG Electronics (LG) is launching the world’s first wireless OLED TV, the 97-inch LG SIGNATURE OLED M (model 97M3). The 97M3 is currently available in South Korea, with plans for global roll out to key markets including North America and Europe later this year.
      Drawing on LG’s technical and design prowess from a decade of OLED innovation, the 97M3 is set to reaffirm the company’s leadership in the ultra-large premium TV segment with the industry’s largest 97-inch OLED screen and the Zero Connect Box, the world’s first wireless solution capable of real-time video and audio transmission at 4K 120Hz.
      LG SIGNATURE OLED M is an OLED TV completely free of cables, excepting the power cord. LG’s wireless AV transmission solution was developed to aid users who connect their TVs to various devices and peripheral such as gaming consoles and set-top boxes, and presents them with a new, hassle-free way of managing cables and connected devices.
      As the Zero Connect technology eliminates the need to have cables and devices in close proximity to the screen, users can now fully enjoy the immersion offered by an ultra-large screen in a clutter-free space.
      LG SIGNATURE OLED M boasts a 97-inch OLED screen (approximately 245 centimeters in diagonal length) and the Zero Connect Box, allowing AV transmission at 4K resolution (3,840 x 2,160 pixels) and 120Hz refresh rate, for a distance of up to 10 meters between itself the screen.*
      A true innovation, the 97M3 with wireless solution is an important step forward in the evolution of TVs. The Zero Connect Box supports a range of connectivity options including HDMI 2.1, USB, RF, LAN and Bluetooth – making it easy to connect various devices or peripherals from gaming consoles to set-top boxes. To ensure the seamless transmission of image and sound, the box identifies the optimal transmission path and has an adjustable antenna that can be positioned according to the screen’s location.
      LG’s proprietary wireless AV transmission solution is able to transmit large amounts of data at up to 3 times the speed of the existing Wi-Fi 6E standard. Impressively, the company’s cutting-edge Zero Connect tech even supports Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.
      LG SIGNATURE OLED M also boasts the company’s chic, ultra-modern Gallery Design, which provides a seamless, flush-to-wall mount. Eliminating the need to place a cabinet or table directly near the TV, users can arrange their space exactly how they want it.
      In the near future, the 97-inch LG SIGNATURE OLED M will be joined by 83- and 77-inch OLED evo M models with Zero Connect technology, each offering superior OLED performance with wireless AV transmission at 4K 120Hz.
      “The technical feat of the 97M3 was made with LG’s decade-long commitment to creating new customer value as a market pioneer,” said Baik Seon-pill, leader of the LG Home Entertainment Company’s Product Development Division. “As well as delivering the ultimate viewing experience on an ultra-large screen, our first-of-its-kind wireless LG SIGNATURE OLED M presents customers with a new level of freedom in arranging their living spaces.”
      # # #
      * Applies only when the Zero Connect Box is placed in a direction facing the screen.

link hidden, please login to view
  • Similar Tagged Content