Quantcast

Flash player not working

Christopher Dean

Question

4 answers to this question

43 minutes ago, Christopher Dean said:

In web TV the flash player will not work and cannot seem to download.  This is preventing a lot of streaming from TV whihc is very frustrating.  Is there a solution?  Why is this not compatible LG?

LG webOS does not support Flash, this is for many reasons.  To the best of my knowledge none of the major SMART TV manufacturers support Flash either.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, George Hofmeister said:

LG webOS does not support Flash, this is for many reasons.  To the best of my knowledge none of the major SMART TV manufacturers support Flash either.

Thanks for the bad news.  My workaround is to livestream on Iphone or ipad and use apple tv to watch on the big screen.  Damn Flash is ubiquitous and disliked by many.

2 minutes ago, Christopher Dean said:

Thanks for the bad news.  My workaround is to livestream on Iphone or ipad and use apple tv to watch on the big screen.  Damn Flash is ubiquitous and disliked by many.

Ubiquitous, yes I agree but sadly now hideously out-dated and it only has a couple of years of life left at Adobe.  No one in their right mind would start programming for it at this late stage in its life, the problem of course is getting those who's products are deeply engrained with Flash to invest in moving on to more modern technologies. 

Flash is hardly ubiquitous anymore, and is actually being phased out pretty rapidly. Adobe announced last year that they will discontinue it entirely by 2020 and started winding down support for it almost immediately. Chrome had already stopped active support for Flash in 2016, and Steve Jobs famously said no iOS mobile device would ever support it. It's beyond a "late stage in its life" at this point. Flash is in its coffin, and the only reason it hasn't been buried yet is to give app and browser developers time to migrate to other formats like HTML5.

the webOS browser actually does better than any other browser I've ever used on a console or Smart TV at delivering web content, including video. The best way by far to get brower content to your TV, though, is by casting from a mobile device, or from a Chrome browser through a Chromecast.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Martindup
      When I open the DSTV Now app on my lg tv I get the error “We’re sorry Something went wrong. Please try again.” 
      I have re installed the app, checked for firmware updates and even reset TV but the error keeps on appearing. 
      Any suggestions on how to fix this? Is it a tv issue or is it the app which is faulty?

• By JackYU
      FIFA World Cup 2022 is exclusively going to stream on Jio cinema app in India but app is missing from web os content store. Pls add it asap. The app is available on Android TV 
    • By EuphemiaIolanthe
      MovieBox Pro APK is an app that provides access to millions of free movies and TV shows. It aggregates the largest collection of popular titles on the internet. Moreover, users will be able to watch unlimited streams. The app allows users to share videos on social networking sites and has a lot of features to keep its users entertained.
      MovieBox Pro APK is compatible with both Android and iOS devices. Its home screen provides information such as top new releases, hot TV shows, and the latest movies and TV series. It also provides movies based on their IMDB rating. You can also find popular movies based on genre such as comedy or romance.
      The app also features a search bar, advanced filtering, and offline viewing. Its latest version offers offline movie and trailer saving. In addition, the app supports multiple platforms and subtitles can be changed according to speed and language. It is compatible with all video formats. It's easy to use and allows users to download movies without any problem.

• By Kkara
      Every time I try to download an app on my LG Smart Tv, even though I’m already logged in it prompts me “you need to log in to install this app, do you want to log in?”. When I choose yes, it takes me to another screen and says “select account to log in with”, but my account is already selected (indicated by a green tick on the top right of my user icon). Even when I click okay on my control, I can’t proceed from this page. I essentially can’t download any apps because I can’t move on from this screen. Is there a solution or other method to download apps? 
    • By News Reporter
      New Carepoint Solution Leverages Existing LG Healthcare TVs and Features Advanced Monitoring Capabilities to Improve Efficiency of Bedside Care Response and Maximize Resources

LAS VEGAS, Nov. 15, 2022 — Global innovator
      link hidden, please login to view (LG) announced its first joint solution with digital healthcare enablement leader ®, designed to expand the boundaries of digital health innovation and address a major issue faced by hospitals across the country – workforce shortages. Showcased at HLTH 2022, the Carepoint TV Kit, by LG and powered by the Amwell Converge platform, leverages existing LG healthcare TVs, a leading brand of TVs in hospitals and healthcare facilities, in patient rooms to allow providers to remotely engage, monitor and discharge patients, thereby reducing healthcare professionals’ workload.
      The new solution, called the Carepoint TV Kit 200L, is engineered to expand clinicians and care teams reach through virtual rounding, nursing, e-sitting and isolation room monitoring. This enables tasks like patient admission and discharge, medical reconciliation, care coordination with patients, family members and other providers and patient monitoring all to be done from one convenient location, resulting in increased efficiencies, reduced drive-time and rounding time, maximized resources and optimized time and space.
      “We’re spearheading a digital transformation of the healthcare system in hospitals by providing an innovative platform that makes care more virtual, accessible and efficient while helping to improve quality of care,” said Atul Singh, general manager for Digital Health at LG Electronics. “Our new TV Kit solution helps alleviate the challenges that hospitals struggle with day-to-day, such as better managing labor shortages and offering clinicians and care teams greater flexibility and easier access to patients.”
      “We are facing an all-time high level of healthcare worker burnout and financial constraint spurred by the pandemic. Technology innovation such as this can reduce the burden on clinicians and care teams while improving patient engagement and ultimately enabling a better care experience for all,” said Susan Worthy, Chief Marketing Officer at Amwell. “We are honored to continue expanding our partnership with LG as we work together to empower hospitals and their staff with the tools and innovations necessary to achieve their goals.”
      LG and Amwell first announced a collaboration in as part of LG’s strategic vision for creating new socially impactful products and services for the next generation. LG is the longtime largest provider of smart TVs for hospital patient rooms in the United States. Now the global electronics giant is further increasing its focus on innovation and expanding its healthcare portfolio. As a dedicated partner, LG is committed to working Amwell and its Converge platform to help deliver on its promise of healthcare innovation.
      To learn more about the Carepoint TV Kit 200L solution visit or
      # # #

• Similar Tagged Content