Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Vin

Powered TV on & a Static screen with sound (I only have intranet and no cable setup)

Question

Just bought the LG smart tv 2017. When I power on the tv each time it comes up with the sound on and static looking screen until I press the home button to do a search for example Hulu. 

How do I make it so when I turn on the tv the screen just shows a silent wallpaper picture?

I went up the picture settings but there is no picture to choose from, it’s just the settings options. Where do I get a picture from to put it on the tv?

I haven’t set up the Live Tv either because I don’t have cable or anything. Is this static looking screen part of that? If so, what is the live tv? (I understand with my Roku I could watch live tv off of that when I downloaded an app such as CNN live) Is it only for people that have a cable company and want to set it up that way? If so, how do I get rid of this?

Thank you for your knowledge and help.

V

2 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Vin said:

Just bought the LG smart tv 2017. When I power on the tv each time it comes up with the sound on and static looking screen until I press the home button to do a search for example Hulu. 

How do I make it so when I turn on the tv the screen just shows a silent wallpaper picture?

I went up the picture settings but there is no picture to choose from, it’s just the settings options. Where do I get a picture from to put it on the tv?

I haven’t set up the Live Tv either because I don’t have cable or anything. Is this static looking screen part of that? If so, what is the live tv? (I understand with my Roku I could watch live tv off of that when I downloaded an app such as CNN live) Is it only for people that have a cable company and want to set it up that way? If so, how do I get rid of this?

Thank you for your knowledge and help.

V

From memory this issue has been covered before on the forum, basically the TV will always default to live TV and currently there is no option to have it open a default app.  The viewpoint is probably that the device is first and foremost a TV.

The best thing is to registered your interest in having the TV open up to an app via LG's suggestions form which is linked elsewhere on the forum.

While installing the TV you have said you have cable and after this you probably skipped installing the channels. Now when you turn on your tv you see static.

What you could is select a set-top box as a input device. This way when you turn on you tv you will get 'not connected' and a black screen but no static.