Quantcast

Direct TV Now

Harry Wild

I got a new C7 but no Direct TV Now App.  It been a whole year since the launch and is a major channel app  for Smart TV like Web OS to release.  Why does LG want to force their owners to use a third party streaming box like Apple TV, Amazon Fire or Roku?  "LG should go big or go home!" meaning LG's Web OS should have all the main apps in their inventory and not have their customers to go outside LG to buy another third party streaming device in order to be complete their viewing interests.

• Like 1

I got a new C7 but no Direct TV Now App.  It been a whole year since the launch and is a major channel app  for Smart TV like Web OS to release.  Why does LG want to force their owners to use a third party streaming box like Apple TV, Amazon Fire or Roku?  "LG should go big or go home!" meaning LG's Web OS should have all the main apps in their inventory and not have their customers to go outside LG to buy another third party streaming device in order to be complete their viewing interests.
Sorry buddy. Gotta ask DirectTV that question. Lg does not make the 3rd party apps on their platform just like google doesn't make the 3rd party apps on android. Maybe petition them to add webOS supported app. My guess is that as OLED grows in popularity then webOS support will also grow....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Nikola Jović
      OK this is REALLY frustrating and annoying - as I understand, people have been asking for this feature for ages now, and I can't imagine why it would be so difficult to program an on/off switch.
      My neighbor is a really old dude, he has no idea what he's pressing on his phone. By some weird chance - and no, he's not doing this on purpose - he tries to establish a WiFi Direct connection to my TV like 850 times a day. As I don't use this feature, I'd like to be able to turn it off, because what if my other neighbors simply decided to annoy me? The TV is visible on like 5 floors in my building.
      It's not an option to turn off WiFi altogether, as I have no intention of running a 15-meter cable through my house.
      PLEASE for once just listen to what people have to say.
      Also, this latest WebOS update has made things like 70% slower, I have an abnormal delay whatever I press. No kind of resetting did anything to fix this.
    • By GiovanniG
      Hi, my needs are to show the video stream of the baby's room on LG TV, I've searched a lot for an RTSP player without success, there are lot of limitations on LG webos, unfortunately, but I succeed using a PC with Serviio and the native browser of the TV, it works but plays vide with about 20 seconds of delay.
      I don't now how to reduce this buffering, in this way I can't promptly go to him before he commits something dangerous, there is anything I can do to reduce buffering? Any news out about a player which supports RTSP? (like VLC). Than you
    • By CatsPaw
      For some reason, on my TV, random phones have the ability to prompt a pop-up asking if they can connect to my TV via wi-fi direct. This is, obviously, quite annoying while I'm in the middle of using my TV for something.
      I've never accepted access for any of these phones, and they're not on my wifi network. 
      My TV is a 43um7300pu and I'm running 5.00.02, which is the current software. 
      There appears to be no setting to disable connections via wifi direct in the menus.
      Is there anything I can do stop these annoying popups? 
    • By Stobo
      I have a first generation LG 65EF9500 OLED TV with webOS 2.0. 

While watching the new season of 4K Amazon TV show "Bosch", during playback after the first segment, the intro comes on and "SKIP INTRO" appears. When I press "skip intro", the screen goes black with a circular (working) icon that continues to circle indefinitely, and does not recover. It can be difficult to exit out sometimes requiring a reset of Amazon or even a power unplug to recover. I would consider this a major bug. Who and/or how can I report this bug so LG or Amazon so they can possibly address it. This is unacceptable. 
    • By SHALINI VERMA
      I have connected my tv and mobile through wi fi direct  but tv doesn't show phone storage in niether photo and video app nor music app

• Similar Tagged Content