Quantcast

Any video player that can show DLNA (or direct RTSP) without so much delay? (buffering)

Hi, my needs are to show the video stream of the baby's room on LG TV, I've searched a lot for an RTSP player without success, there are lot of limitations on LG webos, unfortunately, but I succeed using a PC with Serviio and the native browser of the TV, it works but plays vide with about 20 seconds of delay.
I don't now how to reduce this buffering, in this way I can't promptly go to him before he commits something dangerous, there is anything I can do to reduce buffering? Any news out about a player which supports RTSP? (like VLC). Than you

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Mohammad1403
      Hello there,
      Is it possible to turn off search on the home screen, or filter results to show only apps? Ideally, I'd like to limit content to be appropriate for kids.

• By Stuart GIBSON
      I have a 48" OLED (Model: OLED48A26LA).  after updating to software version 13.30.61 the Sky New Live feed just displays "There was a problem with this video [timeout]".  It worked perfectly before the TV software upgrade.
      Ive reinstalled the Sky News app but still doesnt work.  wifi etc is all ok.
      Any ideas?  
      Stuart

• By Tsmt
      Hello,
      I have a problem with the subtitles when I try to share a video wirelessly directly from my PC to my LG 55SM9010PLA TV. I am not talking about sharing the whole screen (it lags a bit), just the video itself. 
      Sharing the video itself works well, but randomly the TV randomly does not recognise the subtitle, the sub option is not active in the TV menu, and there are no subtitles. It is in the same folder on my PC as the movie (.mkv), with the same name. In case of some movies it works, in case of others not, and I do not see the reasons why.
      First I tought it is becouse the format of the subtitle needs to be ".sub", becouse it worked with one movie. So I have learnt how to convert properly ".srt" to ".sub" - but still no success.
      Then I realised, in the case of another movie ".srt" worked on the TV, so I got really confused.
      I see no logic behind it.  Could you help me, what is the key here, what am I missing?
      Thank you!

• By Nick Payne
      Since the last webos update to 3.40.87, I find I have to completely power cycle the TV (a G1 65" OLED) every week or so to get the DLNA client back to functioning properly. I have a media server running Serviio on a Raspberry Pi, and I periodically get one of the following two problems, both of which are fixed by completely power-cycling the TV.
      When I'm using the DLNA client to select videos from the server, I get no response from trying to select a video or series using the remote. The remote continues to work fine when used with other apps (eg Netflix, Stan etc) on the TV. When the DLNA client is playing a video from the server, the audio is delayed by a couple of seconds from the video. At the time that the TV is showing either of these problems, I can access the media server using either BubbleUPnP on my phone or VLC on my PC, and neither of them have any problem either selecting videos or playing them back with the audio synced with the video, so the problem is clearly with the TV, and power-cycling the TV gets rid of whichever problem is manifesting itself.
    • By SergeNault
      Hello all, quick question, 
      I have an LG Smart TV, with the latest firmware ( 04.50.56), that is connected to a PVR ( Cisco).  That PVR, via a cable company called Videotron,  has about 50 of exercise videos of 20 minutes recorded over that past years.  I wish to move away from my existing TV provider, but before doing so, I'm trying to figure out how to export the videos into an external drive ( USB, cloud) , so that I can re-use them. Some people have suggested to remove the hard drive from the PVR and export to a USB, but those files are encrypted.  So outside of using my Iphone and actually record the shows, is there a better quality way of doiing it?  I'm thinking some sort of app, that the TV can download, and then record to a USB drive for example.  Thanks for sharing any positive outcome.
      Serge