Quantcast

Moving from the Middle East to New Zealand

Alba

Question

Hello there,

I am struggling at the moment with our brand new smart tv which we took brand new and never opened with us when we shifted from Dubai to New Zealand.

I can't get to the content store to download netflix, I only see Premium with 4 options (amazon, al jazeera and 2 orhers). I tried changing the location on the settings but I can only chose from the Middle East and Africa and when I try I get no change whatsoever to the options on premium.

This is highly frustrating as we moved to a new house and were hoping to watch tv straight away, specially with kids. Any help would be truly appreciated.

• Like 1

1 answer to this question

On 19/09/2017 at 11:27 AM, Alba said:

Hello there,

I am struggling at the moment with our brand new smart tv which we took brand new and never opened with us when we shifted from Dubai to New Zealand.

I can't get to the content store to download netflix, I only see Premium with 4 options (amazon, al jazeera and 2 orhers). I tried changing the location on the settings but I can only chose from the Middle East and Africa and when I try I get no change whatsoever to the options on premium.

This is highly frustrating as we moved to a new house and were hoping to watch tv straight away, specially with kids. Any help would be truly appreciated.

First thing people are going to want to know is the exact model of your television before anyone can offer their sage advice.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By pivotCE
      link hidden, please login to view hold a number of events. This year’s will be of interest to fans of webOS phones, tablets and other computing devices of the past. The festival is held at the and runs over three days from the 12th to 14th of April. The festival includes three elements:
      – some with modifications to function in the modern environment. and . . For readers of this blog, representation of webOS devices will be in two of those areas. Jon W of the is attending over the weekend and will give a 50 minute talk at 900am on Saturday the 13th. The consignment shop will have a small selection of webOS devices for those who are interested.
      So if you are in the area, why not go along?
      If you can’t make it, you can follow along via the and TouchPads are available remotely at
      Discussion is at the . You can read more .
      Picture Credit: .
      The post first appeared on . Related posts:

• By Ajay Lele
      I shifted to India from UAE with my 55SM9000PVA LG TV. Since it is a TV for the middle east, I can not change the region to India. Therefore I can not log in to my LG account and have apps from the LG content store of India. Ok, so I thought I should be able to use my account in UAE and use the apps which I used in UAE. Now these apps say the IP address is not from the region, so can't run those apps. So I am stuck up with an expensive smart TV without smartness. No service center, neither LG India have any answers to it. I hate using set top boxes please help. 
    • By Lefcoasdave
      We have a SONY 55" Brava smart tv about 4 years old. When we watch BritBox via our Amazon Prime subscription, we get deep pauses in the video feed, as if there were a buffering problem or a source feed problem. Our usual fix is to wait for a minute or two--it may continue. Or we back our of BritBox and sometimes also Amazon and restart them. Or occasionally we have to turn the power to the set of and restart the tv. I have deleted unused premium apps from Amazon. I have purged the cache. After seeing suggestions about deleting and reloading the app, I searched for an actual BritBox app, but there isn't one. We still have the problem. This could be caused by a tv hardware or operating system issue; it could be caused by an Amazon Prime app issue, or an Amazon internal network issue, or an Amazon or BritBox supplier side hardware/software/bandwidth issue. It could be caused by a problem with our wifi or our modem connected to our fiber net company, or something else entirely, or all of the above! I plan to contact Amazon support first. Any other ideas? Anyone else had this problem? Thanks!
    • By WAT SA P
      HOW DO WE SHIFT REGION FROM MIDDLE EAST TO US
    • By Mario Futire
      Hi I have a LG Smart TV (OLED55B16LA) and started using the recording feature.
      I would like to replace the USB HDD with a bigger one, so I have copied all the files from the old one to the new one.
      But when I put the new one in the TV it does not recognise it as a recording, it lets me browse the content. but of course being scrambled it is pointless.
      Is it possible to move all the recordings to a different disk and use it in the same TV?
      Cheers