Quantcast
Jump to content


  • 0

55SM9000PVA TV shifted from Middel East to India now facing Logging in problems.


Question

I shifted to India from UAE with my 55SM9000PVA LG TV. Since it is a TV for the middle east, I can not change the region to India. Therefore I can not log in to my LG account and have apps from the LG content store of India. Ok, so I thought I should be able to use my account in UAE and use the apps which I used in UAE. Now these apps say the IP address is not from the region, so can't run those apps. So I am stuck up with an expensive smart TV without smartness. No service center, neither LG India have any answers to it. I hate using set top boxes please help. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
2 hours ago, Ajay Lele said:

I shifted to India from UAE with my 55SM9000PVA LG TV. Since it is a TV for the middle east, I can not change the region to India. Therefore I can not log in to my LG account and have apps from the LG content store of India. Ok, so I thought I should be able to use my account in UAE and use the apps which I used in UAE. Now these apps say the IP address is not from the region, so can't run those apps. So I am stuck up with an expensive smart TV without smartness. No service center, neither LG India have any answers to it. I hate using set top boxes please help. 

Hi! Did you try to go to general setting->  location -> LG Services Country -> uncheck the "Set automatically " -> country -> pick your desired" country" -> India -> hit" yes"to confirm then agree to the user agreement to proceed to the change then restart when asked. Try , and give me a feedback on what happened.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • 0
5 hours ago, Ajay Lele said:

I shifted to India from UAE with my 55SM9000PVA LG TV. Since it is a TV for the middle east, I can not change the region to India. Therefore I can not log in to my LG account and have apps from the LG content store of India. Ok, so I thought I should be able to use my account in UAE and use the apps which I used in UAE. Now these apps say the IP address is not from the region, so can't run those apps. So I am stuck up with an expensive smart TV without smartness. No service center, neither LG India have any answers to it. I hate using set top boxes 

But if nothing work here is a link so you migth try again using this method

link hidden, please login to view

Do has explain and you might succeed.

For your country check code for region AJ

Good luck

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
14 hours ago, Steel said:

Hi! Did you try to go to general setting->  location -> LG Services Country -> uncheck the "Set automatically " -> country -> pick your desired" country" -> India -> hit" yes"to confirm then agree to the user agreement to proceed to the change then restart when asked. Try , and give me a feedback on what happened.

When clicked on LG Service Country the options available are all for middle east and African countries but no India in it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
11 hours ago, Steel said:

But if nothing work here is a link so you migth try again using this method

link hidden, please login to view

Do has explain and you might succeed.

For your country check code for region AJ

Good luck

Hi! Check the link i provided in that second reply and do has it say to change your tv region code.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 4/20/2021 at 10:11 AM, Steel said:

Hi! Check the link i provided in that second reply and do has it say to change your tv region code.

Thanks for this, I had to search a bit for the service remote and luckily I had my old LG phone with IR blaster so I installed an app called "Anymote" and I could go into the EZ_ADJUST and IN_START and then in the Area Option I found 4963. Now this is a number which is out of your listed table. Researched a bit and confirmed that my WebOS is 5.00 version so your table was of no use. Then I found a lonely post somewhere on the internet stating that the code for India is 4816. So I took a risk and tried that and it worked. I had no clue and had no table for WebOS 5.00 like you have for WebOS 3.5. But thanks again, at the lease your post guided me in the right direction and it worked.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Similar Topics

    • By Rahulendra Bhaskar
      Dear LG Team,
      I would like to know is there any possibility to get latest entertainment app like Disney++Hotstar, ZEE5, Voot etc. for the LG web OS 2.0 models?
      My TV Model is 42LF6500.
      Positive reply expected in this regard, because I am dedicated and valuable customer of LG brand.
      Thanks in advance.
    • By alizadeh
      Hi, 
       
      I was tying to change the settings on our LG TV to enable it for HD channel reception. We found instructions on the net to configure the "area option" in the hidden menu, however, they did not work. So, we thought that we need to change the country group to be able to receive the HD channels. Although we could not change the "country group code" from 20 to an arbitrary number, we change it to 10. After that, we have not been able to change it anymore. It is struck there. I know this is ridiculous, but an LG TV expert who is working in LG customer services told us that I could not change it either and we need to replace the IC. I shocked why with a simple change in one of the TV parameters, everything is got complicated. 
       
      In details, here is the picture of the parameters currently set on the LG TV with the model number of 49LH549V-TD: 
       

       
      Please tell me why I could not set the "country group code" to 20 once again? It is gray meaning that is unchangeable. Any ideas will be appreciated.
       
      Best regards 
      Alizadeh 
       
       
    • By Paulct
      I just bought a lg b7 oled and have a problem. I dont subscribe to cable so I wont ever be using it on this tv. Every time I start the tv it loads the OS and the cable-less static comes on the screen and BLASTS through the speakers. The tiles for netflix, hulu, etc are at the bottom so I choose one of those. How do I stop the tv from defaulting to turning on the "tv" that clearly doesnt exist? Ive tried deleting the tile for live tv, and even moving it to the far right side but still every time I turn n the tv - static with the menu on the bottom. 
    • By LahiruSam
      How can I play videos with sinhala subtitle? Model - LM630BPTB
    • By ZiadKhater
      I bought a camera from US working as NTSC standard ... how can i change LG settings to make it running .. and i guess my LG TV is operating as PAL here in Egypt .. please help me





×
×
  • Create New...