Quantcast

MKV with vobsub: subtitles doesn't detected

Magic

Question

Hi,

I own an OLED 55E6V, firmware 5.30.10

I have some mkv with subtitles tracks in vobsub format. The internal video player doesn't recognize them (the subtitle button is grayed).

I have some other mkv, but with subtitle in subrip form, and they works without any issue.

I checked the mkv with vobsub subtitles, playing them with a PC and they works. so the issue is with the webOs. the mkv are streamed with a QNAP NAS.

someone of you have the same issue? in case, there're chances to have a fix?

Edit:

the same video, streamed to a Samsung Smart TV works as expected, ad the subtitles are visible and usable.

1 answer to this question

Hi, I got the same issue with my new LG 43UJ750V: I cannot play any VOBSUB from any MKV files.

I am also unable to play any FLAC audio music from my PC via wi-fi (FLAC files play just fine if played from external memory devices lick an USB memory stick).

Files are streamed enabling multimedia stream (DLNA) server service from Windows 10 Pro.

I installed the last version of the LG WebOS available on the LG support site (version 03.60.15) but both issues are still present.