Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Magic

MKV with vobsub: subtitles doesn't detected

Question

Hi,

I own an OLED 55E6V, firmware 5.30.10

I have some mkv with subtitles tracks in vobsub format. The internal video player doesn't recognize them (the subtitle button is grayed).

I have some other mkv, but with subtitle in subrip form, and they works without any issue.

I checked the mkv with vobsub subtitles, playing them with a PC and they works. so the issue is with the webOs. the mkv are streamed with a QNAP NAS.

someone of you have the same issue? in case, there're chances to have a fix?

Edit:

the same video, streamed to a Samsung Smart TV works as expected, ad the subtitles are visible and usable.

1 answer to this question

Hi, I got the same issue with my new LG 43UJ750V: I cannot play any VOBSUB from any MKV files.

I am also unable to play any FLAC audio music from my PC via wi-fi (FLAC files play just fine if played from external memory devices lick an USB memory stick).

Files are streamed enabling multimedia stream (DLNA) server service from Windows 10 Pro.

I installed the last version of the LG WebOS available on the LG support site (version 03.60.15) but both issues are still present.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Question: downgrade firmware

Ciao, possiedo un tv lg 55uh650v era impostato su posizione Russia e dopo all'aggiornamento del firmware versione 05.30.45 non riesco più ad usare le app in quanto non riesco a accettare i termini contrattuali. Ho provato a cambiare il DNS e a collegarmi tramite cellulare ma non ho ottenuto nessun risultato. Ho provato più volte ad eseguire il reset di fabbrica ma nessun risultato. Inoltre ho notato che la versione del mio firmware non è presente sul sito LG Italia mi chiedevo se fosse possibile tornare ad un versione firmware inferiore, potresti aiutarmi? Hello, I own a TV lg 55uh650v was set to Russia position and after the firmware update version 05.30.45 I can not use the app anymore because I can not accept the terms of the contract. I tried to change the DNS and connect via mobile but I did not get any results. I have tried several times to perform a factory reset but no results. Also I noticed that the version of my firmware is not on the site LG Italy I wondered if it was possible to return to a lower firmware version, could you help me?

in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• Better subtitle handling/options (saving Code Page&transparent background)

I have LB650V webOS TV and it is very annoying having to reselect the (Latin 2) subtitle encoding (Code Page) every time when playing the movie. Absolutely no excuse not to save the last used choice for the subtitle Code Page so I hope it will be implemented in the future firmware updates.   And one more thing about the subtitles: the options to turn on the transparent background and/or the character outlines has to be done - to improve the readability.

in LG webOS Wish List

• Eurosport player

Are we ever going to get Eurosport Player on lg smart TV ???

in LG webOS Wish List

• WebOS TV Firmware version

Please post here firmware number for your WebOS set including your country or the country where you downloaded the firmware and the model of your tv set: - 3.23.24 - Romania- 47LB730v - 3.23.34 - Romania -47LB730v - 21.08.2014 by USB - 4.30.09 - Romania - 47LB730v - 29.08.2014 - OTA

in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• Question: Sinhala Subtitles not showing/working.

I’m an owner of OLED55C8PJA. It’s an OLED SMART THINQ TV. I have spent lots of money in this. Anyway, I can’t see Sinhala Subtitles whenever I’m watching movies using this TV. But it supports Sinhala language. It even has menu language and keyboard language in “Sinhala”. But Srt Subtitle files that has Sinhala language cannot see.I have tried to set to encoding to UTF-8 also. But no luck! hope you will know solution for me. Thanks

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Kasun Ekanayake
      I’m an owner of OLED55C8PJA. It’s an OLED SMART THINQ TV. I have spent lots of money in this. Anyway, I can’t see Sinhala Subtitles whenever I’m watching movies using this TV. But it supports Sinhala language. It even has menu language and keyboard language in “Sinhala”. But Srt Subtitle files that has Sinhala language cannot see.I have tried to set to encoding to UTF-8 also. But no luck!
      hope you will know solution for me.
      Thanks
    • By Dor Nissan
      Hello, 
      I have a problem enabling my subtitles on my LG UH65 TV.
      All my computers are connected to the same network and are in the same HomeGroup (windows 10 feature), my LG-TV is connected to the same network.
      My primary computer is working as a media server without any applications (like Plex etc..).
      I have been working on it for days and now I got to the point where I can view the videos which located on my primary computer, on the TV.
      At this point I wanted to watch the videos with subs so I did the following actions:
      1. Pressing on Photos and Movies.
      2. Choosing the videos folder, navigated to "All Videos"
      3. The video has started
      4. Pressed on the "3 points" button and saw there is a button called subtitles but it was grayed out and disabled.
      What can I do in order to make it work?
      Few things that I think you need to know:
      - the subs has the same name
      - the files (movie and subs) located at the same directory
      - for some reason, I have to put the videos (and the music and the photos) on my library on Windows Media PLayer to be able to see them on "All Videos" directory
      Thank you very much !!
    • By Rufusvg
      I have managed to get content to play online but have no subtitles when needed. Is there a way to play content via the lg web os browser and have subtitles displayed as well. Anyone come across this problem as it's a bit specific?