Welcome to LG webOS - Smart TV, Phone, Signage, Appliance User to User Support Forum

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Imran

Flash not suppoted while streaming

Question

Hi ,

Can anyone assist on flash player issue. Since 1 year it was working fine but now it is give pop up of "Flash player not supported on smart tv.

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

6 answers to this question

FWIW, I noticed that flash popup yesterday for the first time.. I don't stream that much in the browser so I don't know when the problem started.

I don't stream that much either ... except for the news of my birth country.

Alas ... my [expensive] LG TV does not support  the Adobe Flash player and LG would not allow

to downloads it. This is my third LG TV; both earlier ones were OK as far as the flash player is concerned.

I feel sorry I upgraded and would like to know why LG does not facilitate.

1 person likes this

Unfortunately LG is not willing to do anything about this. I've been trying for almost a year now. They just want you to buy a new tv.  😠

Sadly Adobe Flash is an ever changing piece of software and LG probably (somewhat understandably) do not want to spare the time and considerable expense of trying to constantly back-port fixes to earlier versions of their products.  Streaming can easily be supported by friendlier non plug-in methods such as HTML 5, you just have to hope that the streaming provider finally recognises how bad Adobe Flash is and moves to something better or produces a dedicated app for webOS.  As a consumer this is where you come in, go nag the provider.

Well, I feel I can Nag as much as I want since I'm not getting what I was promised in my TV.  Thanks for you reply

1 person likes this

My point was more that instead of blaming LG for an outdated buggy insecure third party application that the manufacturer dropped support (for several years) for Unix based systems, of which webOS is one, and streaming  providers  provided dedicated applications for webOS and websites providers used better available alternatives the easier life will be for everyone.  

These guys have apparently produced an independent third party version of Flash , so you could try it: http://smartflashplayer.com.  It purports to work on LG & Samsung (because they have the same issue with Flash as well).  Let us know how you get on.

Basically Flash is terrible, do everything you can to avoid using it.