Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

jolo100

Webos tips and help LG 6300 TV

I have Webos on my Lg HDTV 556300 and I have a few questions:

• Are there any third party or updated firmware that I can install to the TV to upgrade my WebOS(besides the standard from LG).|

• Can I do any type of customization on WebOs that can make my WebOs customized at all?

• Are there any browsing tips that anyone has? Like quick way to close a Web windows?

• Can I only browse with my TV using the LG Magic Remote??

Thank you

Jon :)

Sorry, I mean the HDTV LG 55lb6300.

So, in order to answer all your questions, I have to say that I am not a 100% experienced person regarding webOS, but from what I know(reading webOS forums, searching the web and studying LG's website) there is no such thing as a custom webOS for LG TV's(but I also might be wrong). Please take in regard that your TV is a discontinued one, so this means, it will not get any further updates.

1. The latest updated firmware for your TV is version 5.00.55 released on January 25th 2016. You can check your webOS version in the Advanced Settings-> About this TV

2. No customization regarding GUI(except for ordering apps) - we are a long way from customizing on webOS.

3. I think you found them yourself. No quick web browsing. But if you have a magic remote, that's the quickest you can get with browsing  -_- .

4. You can, if you have AN-MR600(the type with 0-9 physical buttons on it) and if this model of remote is supported by your TV.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Question: webos crashes

Hi, Purchased my first LG TV yesterday. The product has both freeview and freesat and I am using both. Updates the WebOs to latest version and then went through and setup the Apps I use here in the UK. Netflix, BBC, ITV, 4 and 5 During the setup had to update all the apps. Had annoying 'memory full' crashes during this whole process and also while watch some Netflix later.   Questions: Have I bought a dog? Is running Freeview and Freesat at the same time too much for the TV? Can the memory inside the TV be expanded?     Thanks in advance. :-)

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Question: Lg webos media player subtitles

Hi, i have webos 4.0 on my tv. LG media player  has lowest subtitle position "-2", but i would like them even lower (in black bars when letterbox movie is played). Is there a way or tweak to do that? I noticed that position -2 is higher in webos 4.0 compared to webos 3.5 Unfortunately kodi is not for webos, Is there other media player for webos that plays video files from usb? i cant find none.

in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• Question: Install the correct firmware on my TV

Hi guys First of all, I want to warn you that perhaps they read a lousy English, this is what came out of the Google XD translator, I do not speak English, but I hope they can understand me and give me their help. I have a LG 42LB6500-UM TV that apparently has a problem with the Firmware, since I bought it I had automatic updates configured, so it was updated several times until arriving at the mysterious Firmware 05.00.15. Why mysterious? Because according to the support page of LG this software is not in the compatible history with the model of my TV. Here the problem began.
      Since then I can not update the Firmware in any way, online it marks me an error "error in the decryption of the data ...", and when I try it for usb simply nothing happens. I'm stuck in version 05.00.15, but that's not the biggest problem. From that moment I can not access the content that HDCP requires, that is, netflix, cinepolis Klic, Prime Video, etc. Yes, it allows me to play YouTube. If I turn on the HDCP in the configuration of my PS4, the screen turns blue. An error in HDCP appears in the InStart menu. Can you think of an idea to solve this problem? Is it possible to delete the firmware and install a new one in a different way to the traditional one (online and usb)? I am 3 years old with this problem, and the LG technical support staff has only told me that I should change the Mainboard, that is very expensive, and the Mainboard of my TV is in excellent condition, it is a software problem. LG 42LB6500
      Firmware: 05.00.15
      Serial number: 406RMEN7R340
      WebOs TV version: 1.4.0-2507 (afro-ashley) regards

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• WebOS TV Firmware version

Please post here firmware number for your WebOS set including your country or the country where you downloaded the firmware and the model of your tv set: - 3.23.24 - Romania- 47LB730v - 3.23.34 - Romania -47LB730v - 21.08.2014 by USB - 4.30.09 - Romania - 47LB730v - 29.08.2014 - OTA

in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• Add Fox+ in the LG Content Store/ webOS

Can you please make Fox+ available to the LG content store/ webOS. I have a LG 43UJ630V which is a 2017 model and I can't find it on their content store. I subscribed to Fox+ considering I could watch it on a big screen and not only on smart phone. I am very much disappointed that this limits me from watching it on my UHD TV. Subscription is wasted without seeing it on my big screens. We are now in 2019 guys! We are not moving backwards. Let us move forward and make Fox+ available to all subscribers.

in LG webOS Wish List

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Superholed by LG
      Hocus Pocus, with one wave of the "Magic Remote" LG Superholed me just one week before the Superbowl. My LG TV would not work due to the "Magic Remote" failing to register. I did a 'hard reset' at the tech's request which was to press home and back for 5 seconds, followed by the OK button 5 or 10 times. Unplug and unbattery everything, fresh batts, nothing worked. There is NO workaround for this issue, and after resetting to factory presets and all updates, I am now stuck with a TV that does not work. In a chat with tech support at LG, I was informed that ALL LG tvs now depend on pairing with the remote to work. He stated this includes the coming Signature W Series OLED77W7P, OLED65G6P , OLED65E6P , OLED55E6P C6 OLED OLED65C6P , OLED55C6P OLED65C6P , OLED55C6P B6 OLED OLED65B6P , OLED55B6P OLED65B6P , OLED55B6P. Failure can be caused by Bluetooth failing within the TV, the remote failing to work, or possibly a software update issue. For instance. In any case, your TV could become worthless ANY time due to the "magic remote" working. Good luck finding a used one as authorized LG retailers have already stopped selling replacement remotes for a TV manufactured less than 2 years ago.

My question: How have other consumers been able to recover their losses from LG?
    • By Alex
      Ahead of its press conference today, the Verge is reporting LG has revealed their webOS TV and said that webOS will be included in @ 70% of its 2014 TVs. First coming to Korea, later to teh US and Europe, then the rest of the world.

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2014/1/6/5278848/lg-reveals-webos-tv-platform

2nd Source: http://www.slashgear.com/lg-bares-webos-smart-tv-plans-at-ces-2014-05311247/