Quantcast

ALL LG HD TVs can become Instantly UNusable with "Magic Remote"

Superholed by LG

Question

Hocus Pocus, with one wave of the "Magic Remote" LG Superholed me just one week before the Superbowl. My LG TV would not work due to the "Magic Remote" failing to register. I did a 'hard reset' at the tech's request which was to press home and back for 5 seconds, followed by the OK button 5 or 10 times. Unplug and unbattery everything, fresh batts, nothing worked. There is NO workaround for this issue, and after resetting to factory presets and all updates, I am now stuck with a TV that does not work. In a chat with tech support at LG, I was informed that ALL LG tvs now depend on pairing with the remote to work. He stated this includes the coming Signature W Series OLED77W7P, OLED65G6P , OLED65E6P , OLED55E6P C6 OLED OLED65C6P , OLED55C6P OLED65C6P , OLED55C6P B6 OLED OLED65B6P , OLED55B6P OLED65B6P , OLED55B6P. Failure can be caused by Bluetooth failing within the TV, the remote failing to work, or possibly a software update issue. For instance. In any case, your TV could become worthless ANY time due to the "magic remote" working. Good luck finding a used one as authorized LG retailers have already stopped selling replacement remotes for a TV manufactured less than 2 years ago.

My question: How have other consumers been able to recover their losses from LG?

• Like 1

2 answers to this question