Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Question

Hi
I have problem with my smart TV with this specification "42LB67000GI", And i need your knowledge.
So my problem is with "Web Browser" and i can't use "WiFi Direct", And i mention that i'm using a smart TV,

-Web Browser problems :
1."Web page was unexpectedly terminated.To continue, reload or go to another page."

2."The page you are trying to view is too large.To continue, reload or go to another page".
    -Shown in pages including more than 27 items which you need to scrolling down.

3."This app will now restart to free up more memory".
     -Shown after you browsing sites including graphical pictures in the home page, like movie sites, LIKE netflix.

-WiFi Direct :
LG smart TV request password to allow my smart phone for connect to WiFi Direct, it's good and fantastic BUT THERE IS NOT ANY PASSWORD TO ENTER.

Before anything Thank you for your viewing.

• Like 1

2 answers to this question

Just got off the phone to lg support. I was told the web browser shuts down when attempting to stream video ON PURPOSE! Furthermore, once you stream anything from the internet, the cache fills up, does not clear, and prevents the installed apps from functioning properly.  I was told that the OS is a web browser NOT a web streaming service and if they allow customers access to stream video they will be in breach of their contractual agreement to the companies who have apps on the TV. This clearly doesn't happen on tablets or phones, so their logic for creating a sub par product is utter bollocks. I specifically asked the salesman if I could stream video from the internet and was told absolutely yes. When I pointed this out to Lg customer service they re-iterated that a web browser does not confer the ability to stream video. This is misleading the customer, and effectively censoring and filtering internet content.  This must stop! 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• Possible to enable geolocation in WebOS browser?

I have found a site called Locast that will stream live tv for some home markets in the US. It’s a free service but they do ask for donations. However, I am unable to get it to run on my LG tv’s browser. The site returns an error saying that I refused a request for geolocation. Due to licensing agreements, the site needs this enabled and running on the browser to validate viewers aren’t streaming into non-US markets. Is this possible or am I out of luck?

in LG webOS Wish List

• Question: Channel Plus Problem

Our apartment building recently changed from Comcast to RCN internet. Ever since then the Channel Plus content will not play on my LG smart tv. The ads/commercials play but then when it tries to connect to the actual channel content, it says something like "not able to connect to Channel Plus at the moment." I am definitely connected to the internet because other things work. Also tried a direct ethernet connection with the same results.  Anyone else experience this?  Wondering of there is some

in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• Question: LG UHD TV digital sound out popping noise problem

Dear Readers,I've a strange issue that I've been struggling for a week. I bought an LG43UJ634V UHD TV and an LG LHB645N Home Theater in a Box system.I use HDMI ARC to connect the audio from the TV to receiver. LG has an option to chose between PCM or Auto at the Digital output settings.If I use the PCM option everything sounds great, but I don't have 5.1, only 2.1.And here comes the problem. When I choose Auto, 5.1 is on, sounds great but I have occasional popping noise (like when play something

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• HDMI problem

Hello! I'm trying to connect PC with LG TV with WebOS. It used to work normally, but now it doesn't want to connect. It detect HDMI input but doesn't want to show anything and than says not connected. Tried with multiple PCs and 2 HDMI cables. All combinations work on other TV. Any suggestion how to solve this.  Best regards, Jaka   My TV: LG TV 43UK6300MLB

in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• Question: Problem with voice instructions before update

I have a TV LG 43UK6950PLB. Recently I updated to latest firmware version which is 04.10.04. When I try use de Magic Remote Control giving orders through the microphone, I receive a message like there is a problem with server temporarily and error 6022. I think is something about the update but how can return to previous version? Is this happening to someone else? Please give some advice. Thanks  

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Ash2OP
      Is there anyway to install webOs in LG 42lb5820T?

• By Mohamed Bahaa
      Hello guys really really im getting crazy about my LG Smart tv 60 inch.  60LB6520 after the new frimware 5.5.55 ....i cant stop seeing juddering in every movie or any channel via satellite or pc or netflix ... i cant watch anything without juddering ... i tried everything to fix it and zero result ..

* i disabled trumotion  and every option.
      * i made trumotion on de judder 3 and de blur 0 to 10
      * i made trumotion on de judder 0 and de blur 0 with                 real cinema on

i tried everything and really disappointed.

but the judder is gone once when i made trumotion smooth ( but u know the bad soap opera effect )

should i sell my tv or what i can do ...Neeed Heeelp
    • By Brent
      Unable to exit SlingTV app.  App stays open when exiting WebOS and is open when re-entering WebOS after power down. Any suggestions?
    • By ajmboy
      Posted by XDA developers...
      When we feature a new root method it’s typically for a smartphone. If it’s not a smartphone then it could be a tablet, smartwatch, or an Android TV set-top box. However, more and more devices are starting to become “smart,” which essentially means they have some sort of extra software feature that previously wasn’t possible. This could be a light bulb that can be controlled by our smartphone or a TV that has applications you can install.
      https://forum.xda-developers.com/web-os