Quantcast

60LB7500 out of memory after update

Mitsman

Question

Hi all........

Ok so after the latest firmware update i now get a error message "This app will now restart to free up more memory"

only seems to happen 30min - 45min after its first turned on and then every few minutes after that until its turned off and on again!!!!

Any ideas???

60LB7500

1.4.0-2504 (afro-ashley)

Hi all........

Ok so after the latest firmware update i now get a error message "This app will now restart to free up more memory"

only seems to happen 30min - 45min after its first turned on and then every few minutes after that until its turned off and on again!!!!

Any ideas???

60LB7500

1.4.0-2504 (afro-ashley)

I have the same TV running 5.00.04 without these issues, did you factory reset after installing the update?

Hi there,

I do have a lg-47lb650v and got this update 05.00.04    biggest mistake of my life when I press the update button.

I get the same out of memory error like you guys every few min and btw I'm not using any app ..just HDMI1 where my raspberry pi is connected and still getting the error and the input is restarting!

I have seen this error some time ago(with the older versions too) when watching movies over UPNP or by using some apps, that was the time when I said "ok, I'll not use the smart part of this TV again!", just using it as simple monitor for my rpi (with OSMC, perfect!) and my nexus player..

If there would be a possibility to disable the crappy smart function of my TV I would do it yesterday!!

Second biggest mistake was to buy a LG TV, this will never happen again!!

I'm considering to revert back to the previous version which was slow like hell but running ok for my purpose...

P.S: I forgot to mention that I did also a factory reset and no improvement after wasting 15 min in wane..

I did a factory reset and in-start and still have the issue. I will never buy another LG TV again. Everyone with issues need to call customer support.

Oh ok, how did you do that in-start ? I still have to figure out how to do that and what codes and password are needed. I read somewhere it can be done with an old PSP (which i have) ?

I had the same problem on my 55LB650V. I did a factory reset and it seems to have gone away..... I will have to wait and see some more.

If is comes back, i will try to do an "IN_START" with the service menu. That helped my slow tv when i bought it a year ago.

More information about what "IN_START" does and how to do it, where can I find ?

Same issues on 55UB8500. FW 05.00.04.

Can someone please change the title of this thread to include my model number.

I hope LG is working on a fix to uphold the reputation of this awesome TV.

The update was pulled. Are you using a receiver with system link? What model is the receiver? I had the same issue with the ub9500 but luckily I was able to downgrade.

It is no longer available. The update has too many issues. Disable simple link and you shouldn't have any more out of memory issues.

I can confirm that..after few days disable simple link no more errors...

First place this didn't work out..

I'm really using this feature on my rpi...

btw this is not the first time lg has issues with CEC :(

Previous versions had performance issues with simplelink.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Same here. Lack of HDMI-CEC is a deal breaker. I just cant sit with multiple remotes.

I also use Raspberry PI for managing all devices so when I press the green button on the tv remote, it turns on my PC (Wake on Lan), switches the TV input to AVR and AVR input to PC using CEC.

Red button turns off the PC and reverts inputs. blue button makes AVR paly internet radio.

What do you use raspi for ? (Sorry for off topic discussion)

Same here. Lack of HDMI-CEC is a deal breaker. I just cant sit with multiple remotes.

I also use Raspberry PI for managing all devices so when I press the green button on the tv remote, it turns on my PC (Wake on Lan), switches the TV input to AVR and AVR input to PC using CEC.

Red button turns off the PC and reverts inputs. blue button makes AVR paly internet radio.

What do you use raspi for ? (Sorry for off topic discussion)

I run OSMC on it, iptv, OpenVPN, Transmission, Couchpotato, Sickberd, socksproxy..+ more streaming addons on kodi :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Someone on another site with this problem indicated they had spoken to LG Service and they're supposed to have a fix out this week (I'll believe it when it happens). As others have said disabling SimpLink fixes the problem.  For sound through external speakers I use the Optical Port into the receiver.

The new FW update i.e. 5.00.20 seems to fix the out of memory issue. However simplink power sync doesnt seem to work any more.

Switching on/off my TV no longer switches my Onkyo AVR on/off anymore. 

The test when adding new device can successfully switch the AVR on/off but after the setup completes, no go. Vol up down does work however.

I guess I will just have to leave my AVR permanently on till LG fixes this new issue.

Hmmm. I tried the setup several times but still no go.

Problem is, my AVR also received a FW update. So the bug might be in that FW actually.

Strangely, the 'add device wizard' does run a test during setup which is able to turn AVR on/off correctly. But normal operation, no go.

I guess I will have to use my raspi to log all CEC traffic and see if the TV doesnt send a on/off command or the AVR ignores it. so boring.