Welcome to LG webOS - Smart TV, Phone, Signage, Appliance User to User Support Forum

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Alex

About 60% of LG’s TVs will have 4K displays in 2015

Question

About 60% of LG’s TVs will have 4K displays in 2015

LG today announced the next generation of its smart television operating system—webOS 2.0—to power its newest cache of TVs to hit the market in 2015.

At a press event in 2015, LG announced its new line of televisions along with the updates to webOS. The next iteration of webOS will be twice as fast as its previous iteration and will support 4K streaming. The new webOS will also include a new recommended channel menu and a startup menu. WebOS 2.0 will also have a new range of content options, including a GoPro channel and an expanded partnership with Netflix where the streaming platform can support high dynamic range in streaming 4K videos.

LG announced seven new television sets, from 55-inch to 75-inch screens, either flat or curved, all with 4K OLED displays. In addition, LG announced (this many) sets with 4K “Ultra HD” LCD sets. LG said that in 2015, 60% of its televisions would be 4K televisions with 34 different models.

Source: http://arc.applause.com/2015/01/05/lg-announces-webos-2-0-power-smart-tvs/

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.
  • Similar Content

• By Kris0725PL
      I have LG TV 55SJ800V .  Application Browser suck. This app can not download from site any image,mp3 file and other file to mass storage.
      I visit https://www.wallpaperup.com/resolution/4k_-_ultra_hd   
      Android tv is Muuuuuuch better! We have 2017 year not 1945! LG! Wake up. If no i sell your tv.

• By Anas Abdulkareem
      hello 
      i have issue , 
      i have install app "lg tv plus" for ios ( Iphone 6 ) 
      I connect my tv (lg 43uj651v) to same router with my phone
      but the apps not find any tv to connecting 
      and idea ?
    • By Leigh
      Just got off the phone to lg support. I was told the web browser shuts down when attempting to stream video ON PURPOSE! Furthermore, once you stream anything from the internet, the cache fills up, does not clear, and prevents the installed apps from functioning properly.  I was told that the OS is a web browser NOT a web streaming service and if they allow customers access to stream video they will be in breach of their contractual agreement to the companies who have apps on the TV. This clearly doesn't happen on tablets or phones, so their logic for creating a sub par product is utter bollocks. I specifically asked the salesman if I could stream video from the internet and was told absolutely yes.  (Of note: I need to watch presentations by medical professionals, NOT ILLEGAL CONTENT. Ted talks is an example)  When I pointed this out to Lg customer service they re-iterated that a web browser does not confer the ability to stream video. This is misleading the customer, and effectively censoring and filtering internet content.  This must stop! 
    • By ivairis
      Yes, the terrarium tv free app is now available for LG mobiles and smart tv's for free of cost. Terrarium tv is the best app to stream latest movies and tv shows on your LG mobiles and LG smart tv's for free. Download terrarium tv apk for LG mobiles and Smart TV's from this link official link.
      Thank me later