Quantcast

About 60% of LG’s TVs will have 4K displays in 2015

Alex

Question

About 60% of LG’s TVs will have 4K displays in 2015

LG today announced the next generation of its smart television operating system—webOS 2.0—to power its newest cache of TVs to hit the market in 2015.

At a press event in 2015, LG announced its new line of televisions along with the updates to webOS. The next iteration of webOS will be twice as fast as its previous iteration and will support 4K streaming. The new webOS will also include a new recommended channel menu and a startup menu. WebOS 2.0 will also have a new range of content options, including a GoPro channel and an expanded partnership with Netflix where the streaming platform can support high dynamic range in streaming 4K videos.

LG announced seven new television sets, from 55-inch to 75-inch screens, either flat or curved, all with 4K OLED displays. In addition, LG announced (this many) sets with 4K “Ultra HD” LCD sets. LG said that in 2015, 60% of its televisions would be 4K televisions with 34 different models.

Source:

link hidden, please login to view

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By ssaguiar
      I am developing an app wich is a video player for an iptv provider.
      The app is based on html5, css and javascript.
      At this point everything done till now is working and tested in 5 different browsers and in a Samsung smart tv.
      The problem is that when I installed this app in a LG tv it messed up all the interface.
      After searching for the problem I discovered that the use og css grid was the problem.
      LG WebOs doesn't have support for the grid system? The css grid exists at least from 2017.
      Any clues on how to solve this problem or I have to rewrite one version of the app only for the LG?

Thanks for any help.
    • By Alex
      Samsung has made fridges with touchscreens before. LG has made fridges with doors that turn transparent to show you the inside. This year at CES 2018, those two ideas are finally merging into one with LG’s new InstaView ThinQ smart refrigerator, which features a 29-inch touchscreen that becomes transparent if users knock on it twice.
      LG actually tried this two years ago, with a version called the Smart InstaView Door-in-Door that ran a full version of Windows 10, but it’s not clear that the company ever shipped the Windows version.
      This version uses the touchscreen to manage your food using LG’s webOS software and Amazon’s Alexa, which will let you tag food with virtual stickers and expiration dates and get automatic reminders when things are running low or about to go bad. There’s also a wide-angle panoramic camera on the inside of the fridge that will let you remotely view your fridge while you’re out and about to check and see if you’re actually out of milk or not.

Unfortunately, the only image that LG has shared showing the fridge is a low-resolution shot on its YouTube page banner, but it seems that you’ll be able to still use the screen while it’s translucent, allowing you to tag food directly in a vaguely augmented reality-esque move.
      LG is also touting how all of its ThinQ kitchen gadgets can talk to each other to make kitchen tasks easier. So your ThinQ fridge can talk to your EasyClean oven, which will help you cook food through step-by-step instructions from the recipe app from your fridge. Then, your EasyClean oven can notify your QuadWash dishwasher about the kind of meal you cooked, so it can more efficiently select a wash cycle for that dish. Of course, all this requires spending thousands of dollars replacing every appliance in your kitchen (and if this all works as well as LG claims it does), but it’s still an intriguing vision of a Jetsons-like future utopia.
      No price or release date for the InstaView ThinQ refrigerator or any of LG’s other new appliances have yet been announced.
      Source: 
    • By Hissy
      I finally updated the software on my TV, and now I have to force a reset whenever I want to turn it on. (Unplug for 60 seconds.) The TV will not turn on without a reset, from either the remote or the power button. Once it's on it responds normally to the remote.  It doesn't matter how long the TV's been turned off - when I want to turn it back on, I have to reset it.
      Has anyone else had similar problems?
    • By News Reporter
      In the connected era, it could be said that we are living in the “age of relationships” in which creating, nurturing and leveraging relationships with our acquaintances, followers, customers, etc. is the thing that separates success from failure. While this might not be a unanimous belief, one thing everyone can agree on is that good communication isn’t something that happens naturally, it must be nurtured and honed.

For companies and brands, how they communicate their messages is just as important as what they communicate. So it was especially gratifying to learn that LG’s team in Australia was recognized with one of Asia’s most prestigious industry communications awards for its . The program, which helps recognize and reward community groups in Australia, was honored with the Diamond SABRE Award for Superior Achievement in Reputation Management for building stronger stakeholder relationships and contribute to corporate performance.

More than 500 volunteer organizations and individuals have been celebrated as part of the LG Local Legends in the past 12 months. The program was launched at a time when charities and community service organizations were in critical need of support, with many finding it difficult to secure resources, manpower and critical funding. LG Local Legends helps elevate the profile of these community groups around the country through media, social media and online channels.

The SABRE Awards celebrate engagement, credibility and relationship building among individuals and organizations across North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Asia, Africa and Latin America. More than 1,200 entries from across the Asia Pacific region were received and judged by an expert panel of nearly 100 senior industry professionals.

“The LG Local Legends program shows that even in these difficult times individuals and groups can rise above these hardships to selflessly make the lives of others better,” said Louise Annetts, corporate marketing manager at LG Electronics Australia. “It has been a pleasure to help recognize the incredible efforts of those in our communities, as well as receive broader recognition of the program at this year’s SABRE Awards. We are looking forward to celebrating more deserving Australians in 2021.”

LG Local Legends was also recognized with a certificate of excellence in the Best in Real-Time Engagement category, whilst a recent LG SIGNATURE launch was also shortlisted at the awards in the best Home and Furniture category.
      To learn more about the LG Local Legends program visit .
      Contributed by LG Australia
      # # #

• By Graemew
      I have an LG Smart TV and I wanted to watch the US open tennis final live from Spain.  I subscribed to Eurovision to get access to the game, but then I couldn’t find the Eurovision app on my TV.   Where is it?  How else could I have watched the live tennis?
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Alex
      Open topic for discussion as we learn more with the announcement yesterday of LG Ads River OS tv operating system and how it differentiates with webOS. Is webOS being replaced?  🤨

VS

• By monish009
      We have signage projects, all over GCC. 
      We are facing issue with Webos tv especially on model 49sm5ke-bj. It is losing connectivity overnight, the displays are left switched on at stores. But on the next day it wouldn't be connected to the Internet and hence the contents are getting corrupted. Always we need to restart the display again or exit and start the app again. 
    • By இரவிசங்கர்
      LG 43UP75 - Alexa showing US site URL to login. Unable to login with my Amazon prime account
      LG channel app not found..
      Media player is not supporting audio with mkv files.

• By Mahendra Chowdary
      I've LG GX OLED which is the best tv in market yet it doesn't stream 4k HDR content in Disney plus hotstar.... But in all other platforms Disney plus hotstar is streaming 4k HDR content... Why not on WebOS.....? 
      By the way I've Disney plus hotstar premium subscription waste of money for taking that...