Quantcast

What will LG bring to CES 2015?

Alex

CES is a 2 weeks away, what will LG showcase?

We already know that webOS 2.0 is coming to LG smart TVs, but now we are hearing that they may have an 8K TV and possibly some new wearables. Are these wearables going to include a webOS smartwatch? We'll have to wait and see, but in the meantime, Engadget has an interesting article about where LG has been and where they think they are going at CES:

link hidden, please login to view

"Whereas a continued push into Google's Android Wear is a certainty for LG, its plans to pursue an alternative wearables platform with webOS are not as clear. A few months back, images from a developer page for LG's webOS-based wearables surfaced and were then quickly pulled. But if the company is looking to create its own operating system for wearables, there's a good chance we may hear more about it in the halls of the Las Vegas Convention Center."

webos.jpg

Well, I hope they bring a tv that has a fully functional Bluetooth interface that works with any compatible ear-phones, keyboards etc.

And second, I hope that tv has an integrated camera for easy use with Skype.

All this talk about "Webos 2.0" doesn't mean much until we get a list of fixed bugs, added/enhanced features etc. I am glad to hear that they seem to have sorted out the performance issues, but what about everything else?

/H

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By JRM
      I am using the above TV. Quite often when watching a programme live from the aerial, the screen will suddenly go to the "wallpaper" screen and a box advises there is no signal, the TV is checking for a signal and please check connections etc. After a few seconds the TV resumes with the programme that was being watched. Obviously, the TV seems to be temporarily losing the signal. However, a 2nd LG TV (older model) in another room, feeding from the same aerial has no such problem and neither do I get signal drop outs when using my Humax box for recordings, all of which suggests the aerial signal is perfectly OK but for some reason the 55NANO795NE  momentarily loses it. Anyone else having a similar problem and any thoughts on what to do to resolve it?  
    • By News Reporter
      LG’s massive ultra-high-definition digital billboard overlooking New York City’s iconic Times Square became host to a three-phase visual spectacle that reflects the company’s efforts to engage with consumers directly around the seasons. LG’s first 3D content series designed for the billboard is a stunning visual display sure to make passersby smile. The new billboard content will run through the end of November.

Taking full advantage of the Times Square billboard’s unique curved design, LG harnesses the power of forced perspective to display imaginative multi-dimensional 3D content which share the company’s core messaging that together, Life’s Good. Launching with an inspiring back-to-school message for the American audience, the 3D illusion begins with an explosion of crayons and swirling images from scissors to school buses, dancing around the screen, eventually spelling out LIFE’S GOOD before being buried by a multitude of crayons as the animation continues its loop.

Over the past year LG has mobilized the Times Square billboard to engage, educate, and entertain consumers during the pandemic. From hosting the YouTube documentary “Life In A Day 2020” by Academy Award-winning director Kevin Macdonald to premiering the “Global Citizen VAX LIVE Extended Concert Sponsored by YouTube,” to encouraging climate action on ENERGY STAR® Day, LG has leveraged the space in Times Square to remind viewers that Life’s Good no matter how challenging our surroundings may be.

“We hope that visitors in Times Square are not only awed by the visual splendor of the 3D display, but also that they will be inspired to believe that no matter the season, Life’s Good together,” said Peggy Ang, senior vice president of marketing, LG Electronics USA. “At the same time, our new 3D content series exemplifies how LG is innovating when it comes to engaging with consumers.”

Contributed by LG USA
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Alex
      Open topic for discussion as we learn more with the announcement yesterday of LG Ads River OS tv operating system and how it differentiates with webOS. Is webOS being replaced?  🤨

VS

• By tarakdave
      I have noted that TV WebOS is very slow and when you start TV it taking long time to go to any menu.

Is there any way to make it fast ? 
      Is there any way that it will update program guide quickly ?
      Is it possble to change Change font size ?
      Does magic remote cofigurable ? Is it possible to change remote scroll wheel to sound insted of changing channel ?
      If you connect to any HDMI device it taking long time to switch back to normal TV mode some time it requied to switch off an switch on. 
      This is dumb OS. I should have check before buying it. Please any one has answer to make it fast ?
      Is it is possible to change OS if I dont want to use WebOS ? 
      New buyer please check before you jump to WebOS 
    • By Mihai B.
      Hello,
      Is there any way of installing an usb gigabit network adapter on a webos smart TV?  The builtin wired adapter is only 100mbps (on a 2000$+ TV, shame  on you LG!!!)  while the wifi (N) is very poor, with the router at 1m from TV it only gets half the bandwidth of the wired network. Anyway the wired network  maxes out near 100mbps but I need more bandwidth as I have 4k video content with bitrates grater than 100mbps which I cannot stream without stuttering to TV through XPLAY/PLEX. 
      Kind regards,
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Alex
      Open topic for discussion as we learn more with the announcement yesterday of LG Ads River OS tv operating system and how it differentiates with webOS. Is webOS being replaced?  🤨

VS

• By monish009
      We have signage projects, all over GCC. 
      We are facing issue with Webos tv especially on model 49sm5ke-bj. It is losing connectivity overnight, the displays are left switched on at stores. But on the next day it wouldn't be connected to the Internet and hence the contents are getting corrupted. Always we need to restart the display again or exit and start the app again. 
    • By Vetald
      tell me what the problem is, nanocell 916, in the dolby vision format, the image flickers. in other modes this is not the case. video enclosed,.
    • By Vetald
      what's new for tv in this update? Does it need to be installed or will it degrade the software capabilities of the TV?