Quantcast

CES 2015 - What to Expect

Alex

Trusted Reviews wrote an article that is a good read about what to expect ate CES 2015:

link hidden, please login to view

One expectation is...

Google also announced at the time that it had reached agreements with Sony, Sharp, and Philips to include Android TV in their 2015 HDTV ranges. As such, we're expecting to see a whole bunch of top end TV sets running on Android TV at CES 2015.

Don't expect Samsung and LG to join the Android TV party just yet though. Both Korean manufacturers are keen to push their own platforms. With Samsung known to be looking to reduce its reliance on Google, LG last year introduced its new webOS TV platform, the undoubted leader of the current group.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      From flash floods, ravaging bushfires and the global pandemic, the world as we know is changing. While finding a sense of joy and hope in these times can seem insurmountable, LG Electronics in Australia is hoping Aussies can find something to smile about with its campaign, Rediscover Good, which aims to inspire viewers to rediscover the good in everyday life because “life’s full of good when you look for it.”

Launched as a series of television commercials and rolling out in Australia now, the campaign sets out to reframe the small moments in everyday life. The explores a family with two school-aged children enjoying a simple, yet hectic, weekend family breakfast before racing to their child’s soccer game. The family is shown interacting with various LG products such as InstaView® Door-in-Door® refrigerator and QuadWash dishwasher, showing how their lives are just a little bit easier with LG technology.

The same family appears in the commercial, with the focus on the son and the family pet getting into many fun messes throughout the day. However, thanks to the LG WashTower single-unit laundry solution which ensures clothes, duvets and dolls are fresh and clean in no time, the mess these two created are soon just a memory.

The features Millennial friends coming together for a fun-filled movie night at a home where LG products are featured through tiny moments. From gaming on the LG OLED Evo TV and blaring music on the XBOOM Go portable speaker while tidying up with the LG CordZero cordless vacuum to making popcorn in the NeoChef microwave, the 30-second clip demonstrates how LG products offer ease and convenience, allowing consumers to focus on rediscovering the good.

These stories bring today’s local culture to life and connect with consumers in a fun, personal and creative way. As part of the campaign, Life’s Good care packages filled with an array of wonderful items such as blueberry pancakes, teddy bears, knitted throws and cookbooks that could be enjoyed while social distancing were sent to fans and partners of LG in Australia.

The Rediscover Good campaign, whilst weaving in everyday moments to create an engaging visual display, reminds us all to take a step back and truly celebrate the joy and appreciate the good found in the everyday, a much needed reminder for not only Australians but everyone around the world.
       Contributed by LG Australia 
      # # #

• By David Mokida
      TV Model : LG 43UP7750
      Not sure if it's a hardware or Web OS fault , Whenever there is a powercut my TV fails to pick up system time automatically . There is a default time set and whenever I have a power cut the time is setting to the default time . I think that LG has not included any battery at hardware level to automatically store time . So whenever I have a powercut I have to wait for few minutes for my TV to set the time automatic . 
      My parents use hotstar app a lot so they get  an Certification error and asks to check the time since the certificate is expired . So they call me to set the time or restart the tv for it to automatically refresh the system time . 
      Make it a priority to set the system time first on restart . 

• By informatiko
      It would be amazing to be able to use the Philips HUE and synchronize the lights with the video and audio of the LG TV.
      Thanks
    • By News Reporter
      LG’s Cinematic Ode to the Possibilities of Life
      Showcases the Vision of Tomorrow’s Creative Artists

SEOUL, Aug. 27, 2021 — The Life’s Good Film, helmed by the up-and-coming director with support from LG Electronics (LG), debuts today on LG’s YouTube channel. Woven together from videos submitted by hundreds of young filmmakers from around the world, the Tisi-produced work delivers a beautiful and touching meditation on life as interpreted by young creatives.
      A key component of LG’s Life’s Good campaign which kicked off in May, the Life’s Good Film Project invited 531 young auteurs from 33 countries to share their creative submissions with Jackson. Using the best footage, Tisi produced a 20-minute story showcasing the world’s budding visual storytellers’ distinctive voices, fresh perspectives and undeniable talent. The project generated considerable interest online, garnering over 140 million impressions and more than 44 million total views of related posts on social media platforms during the production process.
      “I wanted to share the emotions we all have and feel in life no matter what corner of the world we come from,” explained Tisi. “Empathy is the key to communication with one another, especially when we’re getting through tough days.” At previews earlier this month, Tisi’s short was praised for its uplifting message and Tisi’s unique vision.
      “An exploration through many eyes around the world, Life’s Good, is a truly singular experiment,” said Diva Vélez of New York Film Critics Online. “The film demonstrates the beautiful differences of the human diaspora and our various environments, while also revealing how completely tied in soul and spirit we are and have further become due to the global COVID-19 pandemic.”
      The 20-minute short explores different aspects of a good life in six chapters: Life’s Beautiful, Life’s Community, Life’s Lonely, Life’s In Motion, Life’s an Adventure and Life’s Good. The first five chapters visualize a wide range of subject matter, from the beauty of nature, the vitality of physical movement, personal growth nurtured in times of solitude to the togetherness and warmth of a close-knit community. The final chapter depicts today’s young generation united in celebration of life, eloquently bringing the film to a close.
      LG will screen the trailer of Life’s Good Film on LG’s digital billboards in Times Square in New York City and Piccadilly Circus in London beginning from today. The short will make an appearance at select film festivals as well in the weeks ahead. The Life’s Good Film is now available for viewing on the channel. Additional information on LG’s 2021 Life’s Good campaign can be found here on .
      # # #

• By News Reporter
      LG’s Proprietary Platform Integrated with ezCaretech’s Application
      Offers Healthcare Providers Fast, Accurate Patient Information

SEOUL, Aug. 25, 2021 — LG Electronics’ Video Conferencing Platform is being integrated with the new ezOntheCall telemedicine service to provide medical professionals with an advanced tool for remote delivery of outpatient support. Leveraging advanced cloud computing technology, ezOntheCall offers real-time access to medical records and clinical test results stored in hospital information systems (HIS) to enable healthcare professionals to quickly and easily retrieve the most up-to-date data on patients for immediate sharing over video calls.*
      LG collaborated with healthcare technology provider, , to develop the telemedicine solution, adapting its Video Conferencing Platform to ensure a seamless user experience. Combining LG’s WebRTC-based Video Conferencing Platform with ezCaretech’s EMR-based telemedicine application, the solution enables medical center and hospital staff to handle administrative processes and update relevant records while communicating with patients remotely. ezOntheCall also covers outpatient services with a portal that allows patients to conveniently book follow-up appointments or consultations as well as get prescriptions refilled without having to visit their healthcare providers in person.
      LG’s Video Conferencing Platform is designed to meet the growing demand of the healthcare sector for effective tools for non face-to-face diagnosis and medical consultation. Delivering high-quality audio and video, the platform works seamlessly within PC web browsers, mobile devices and Internet of Things (IoT), allowing direct peer-to-peer communication without the need for additional plugins or apps.
      Selected by Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of National Guard – Health Affairs (MNGHA), LG’s latest telemedicine solution is being implemented in six major hospitals throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, including King Abdulaziz Medical City in Riyadh and approximately 70 primary healthcare centers, starting this month. Following this initial rollout, the solution will be available in the United States and other key markets later this year.
      “The ezOntheCall telemedicine solution featuring LG’s Video Conferencing Platform will usher in a new era of remote patient services,” said Paik Ki-mun, senior vice president and head of the Information Display business unit of LG Electronics Business Solutions Company. “LG is focusing on the changing needs of the market and in partnership with key players across diverse sectors such as healthcare, we continue to invest heavily in the next generation of remote cloud-based service solutions.”
      # # #
      * Meets requirements of the U.S. Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology and complies with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Adam Broda
      Hello
      I have 42B670V-ZA tv bought in 2014. This model has different numbers/letters depending from the distribution area. Mine is for Poland.
      Software version is 05.05.70,
      WebOS version is 1.4.0-2532 afro-ashley. This model was made with the intention of upgrading to WebOS 2 and so it was manufactured. In late 2014, once the tv was still on market, European and US (with a different name), LG Korea has announced that this model would not have upgrade. Nevertheless I think it STILL IS a way to make it higher or at least faster, as it was on a very beginning. Now it coughs after using 45 mins on Netflix or 30 mins on WWW app when watching film online. When instslling new app, it shows such data:
      Version of the app i.e. 1.1.1
      Date of last update of the app i.e. 20.04.2015
      Size of the app i.e. 105 KB
      Rating i.e. "everything" (???)
      Internal memory i.e. 850MB/973MB
      And this INTERNAL MEMORY REMAINS THE SAME 850MB
      Does anybody know, how to do this either using
      service mode or 
      Installing some software from a memory card
      or in any other way? The problem is that the tv has not enough memory to operate apps. I cannot release the memory without loosing my settings. I live in Warsaw, Poland, but I have additional apps like HULU and Amazon Prime US which enables me watching US content (I pay for them in USD).
      Uninstalling other useless apps didnt work. Now I have only system apps and 3 more like Netflix, HULU and Amazon. I cannot even install anything more. LG support told me to return to factory settings which wipes all memory out. I dont want to return to WebOS 1.0. I just want my tv to work faster BACK AGAIN and maybe to use some other apps which cannot be installed due to insufficient space on card/disc and to install some apps that are compatible with WebOS 2. (Now they are not apperaing neither in Polish LG store nor in US store, once I change the region to US/CANADA/MEXICO.
      Thanks in advance!!!

• By Alex
      LG always makes a big splash at CES, and the first glimpse we've had of the 2019 lineup looks great. From the first 8K OLED TV to hit the market to smarter AI and across-the-board improvements, LG's TVs are looking especially good for 2019.
      LG Jumps to 8K
      The biggest announcement has to be the introduction of the 88-inch Z9 OLED 8K TV, the first OLED to come to market with the higher resolution standard. The sleek TV has an ultra slim design, eye-popping detail and impressive dynamic range. It's also the first 8K TV announced that will offer to perfect black levels and per-pixel lighting that makes OLED such an impressive display technology.

During our hands on time with the new TV, we were impressed not only with the amazing clarity of the picture, but also the vibrant color and brightness. While LG declined to comment on peak brightness levels, it matched some of the brightest TVs we've seen, without sacrificing any of the detailed shadows or mid-range colors that might wash out on a lesser TV.

The second is an 8K LCD set to 75-inch LG NanoCell 8K TV (75SM99), which uses LG's optimized LCD displays and NanoCell film filtering for premium TVs. Like the OLED model, it features incredible resolution, but the LCD display offers excellent brightness and color, two areas where LCD generally outperforms OLED.
      With the lack of any 8K content available to Consumers, LG is going to some lengths to ensure that current content looks good on the high-resolution panel. Even on the LG enhances all incoming content by pulling in optimization from deep datasets, offering upscaling and clarity enhancements for any content, from any source.
      Both OLED sets will be coming to market in 2019, likely sometime in June or July. Pricing details have not yet been announced.
      Smart TVs Get Smarter
      The rest of LG's OLED lineup is seeing significant improvements thanks to new Alpha 9 (A9 Gen 2) processing hardware, found in LG's OLED and premium LCD models. The processor handles processing for a cleaner picture, sharper details and a wider look-up table for true-to-life color. Unexpanded video cleanup process removes unwanted artifacts and offers sharper picture from any content source.

With the lack of any 8K content available to Consumers, LG is going to some lengths to ensure that current content looks good on the high-resolution panel. Even on the LG enhances all incoming content by pulling in optimization from deep datasets, offering upscaling and clarity enhancements for any content, from any source.
      Both OLED sets will be coming to market in 2019, likely sometime in June or July. Pricing details have not yet been announced.
      Smart TVs Get Smarter
      The rest of LG's OLED lineup is seeing significant improvements thanks to new Alpha 9 (A9 Gen 2) processing hardware, found in LG's OLED and premium LCD models. The processor handles processing for a cleaner picture, sharper details and a wider look-up table for true-to-life color. Unexpanded video cleanup process removes unwanted artifacts and offers sharper picture from any content source.

While the TV still primarily relies upon Google Assistant for content search and other capabilities, this does open up all of the functionality Amazon offers their customers, including exclusive skills such as Audible audiobook playback, listening to songs through Amazon music, travel booking through Kayak, and more.
      The smart TV software is also getting updated as LG rolls out webOS 4.5. The on-screen menu is getting an improvement, adding a second contextual row to the app menu that pops up when you select an app. In this second row, you'll see recently watched content, along with movie recommendations and trending content.
      Smart home enthusiasts will be pleased to learn that the new version of webOS also includes a feature called Home Dashboard. This dedicated tool lets you manage all of your connected home devices, from smart doorbells to thermostats, right from the TV.
      OLED and LCD TVs for 2019
      LG's entire lineup is being updated for 2019 with new models coming this spring. Models announced include the premium LG OLED E9, entry level OLED C9, and an updated version of the super thin wallpaper TV the LG Signature W9 OLED. No prices have been announced, but we expect the TVs to begin rolling out this spring.

(Though not yet announced, LG did tell us that the popular LG OLED B9 will be coming out later in 2019. No additional details were shared.)
      LG's LCD model line, previously known as Super UHD, is now known as NanoCell. The model line features the new webOS 4.5 platform, and many (though not all) models will include the new Alpha A9 Gen 2 processor, with all of its enhancements.
      Pricing details have not yet been announced, but the new models will arrive in stores sometime this spring.
      This write up is from  link hidden, please login to view
      LG CES 2019 Press Conference Video

• By Alex
      WebOS 3.5 is set to be shown off at LG’s booth at CES 2017 in Las Vegas. No word yet on when, or if, it will roll out to existing smart TV models, but it will definitely ship with still unannounced new smart TVs slated to launch next year.
      SOURCE:

• By Alex
      So did you guys see that smartwatch calling that Audi at CES? Turns out it's openwebos! 

Exclusive: The hottest smartwatch of CES isn't running Android Wear — it's Open webOS   LG and Audi's smartwatch collaboration is the most desirable wearable of CES 2015, and while the carmaker says it's just a prototype, the device offers a tantalizing glimpse of future LG wearables. Or at worst an agonizing look at a beautiful watch we'd love to own.   We tracked down the Audi/LG watch — still officially nameless, by the way — in Las Vegas today, and we can exclusively reveal that it's not running Android Wear as originally believed. In fact, it's packing completely different software based on LG's Open webOS. Source:  link hidden, please login to view