Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Alex

LG WebOS 3.5 Coming Soon

WebOS 3.5 is set to be shown off at LG’s booth at CES 2017 in Las Vegas. No word yet on when, or if, it will roll out to existing smart TV models, but it will definitely ship with still unannounced new smart TVs slated to launch next year.

SOURCE: http://social.lge.co.kr/newsroom/he/lg_webos_1218/

https://www.slashgear.com/lg-webos-3-5-wants-to-make-watching-tv-more-magical-20468045/

"LG WebOS 3.5 wants to make watching TV more magical" ??? When WebOS want be "Magic WebOS", then WebOS must: 1. share external usb hdd with samba server for writting files from PC 2. share satellite card for home lan devices, or take codes from home lan devices 3. unpluged usb hdd on push one button of remote control 4. play files from samba server disks array. :) 

Guys if i installed offline firmware of uk region can i still use arabic language? And is it possible to downgrade the firmware from earlier version to older? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• Question: webos crashes

Hi, Purchased my first LG TV yesterday. The product has both freeview and freesat and I am using both. Updates the WebOs to latest version and then went through and setup the Apps I use here in the UK. Netflix, BBC, ITV, 4 and 5 During the setup had to update all the apps. Had annoying 'memory full' crashes during this whole process and also while watch some Netflix later.   Questions: Have I bought a dog? Is running Freeview and Freesat at the same time too much for the TV? Can the memory inside the TV be expanded?     Thanks in advance. :-)

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Question: Annoying pop-up messages on my lg 49sj800v smart tv

I have owned this tv for a year and pleased with it ... until about a month ago. I now have constant repetitive messages in top right hand corner of screen saying 'Unknown device disconnected' or 'wired network is connected' or wired lan cable is connected' and it's driving me crazy. I have tried the lg live chat technical support and they were not aware of the issue but I've seen the same problem discussed on US forums and here too. Nobody seems to be able to have a solution. I have unplugged all external stuff - Virgin V6 box, Wii, wired internet, etc and it still happens. Help!!

in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Question: Lg webos media player subtitles

Hi, i have webos 4.0 on my tv. LG media player  has lowest subtitle position "-2", but i would like them even lower (in black bars when letterbox movie is played). Is there a way or tweak to do that? I noticed that position -2 is higher in webos 4.0 compared to webos 3.5 Unfortunately kodi is not for webos, Is there other media player for webos that plays video files from usb? i cant find none.

in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• WebOS TV Firmware version

Please post here firmware number for your WebOS set including your country or the country where you downloaded the firmware and the model of your tv set: - 3.23.24 - Romania- 47LB730v - 3.23.34 - Romania -47LB730v - 21.08.2014 by USB - 4.30.09 - Romania - 47LB730v - 29.08.2014 - OTA

in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• Add Fox+ in the LG Content Store/ webOS

Can you please make Fox+ available to the LG content store/ webOS. I have a LG 43UJ630V which is a 2017 model and I can't find it on their content store. I subscribed to Fox+ considering I could watch it on a big screen and not only on smart phone. I am very much disappointed that this limits me from watching it on my UHD TV. Subscription is wasted without seeing it on my big screens. We are now in 2019 guys! We are not moving backwards. Let us move forward and make Fox+ available to all subscribers.

in LG webOS Wish List

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Alex
      LG always makes a big splash at CES, and the first glimpse we've had of the 2019 lineup looks great. From the first 8K OLED TV to hit the market to smarter AI and across-the-board improvements, LG's TVs are looking especially good for 2019.
      LG Jumps to 8K
      The biggest announcement has to be the introduction of the 88-inch Z9 OLED 8K TV, the first OLED to come to market with the higher resolution standard. The sleek TV has an ultra slim design, eye-popping detail and impressive dynamic range. It's also the first 8K TV announced that will offer to perfect black levels and per-pixel lighting that makes OLED such an impressive display technology.

During our hands on time with the new TV, we were impressed not only with the amazing clarity of the picture, but also the vibrant color and brightness. While LG declined to comment on peak brightness levels, it matched some of the brightest TVs we've seen, without sacrificing any of the detailed shadows or mid-range colors that might wash out on a lesser TV.

The second is an 8K LCD set to 75-inch LG NanoCell 8K TV (75SM99), which uses LG's optimized LCD displays and NanoCell film filtering for premium TVs. Like the OLED model, it features incredible resolution, but the LCD display offers excellent brightness and color, two areas where LCD generally outperforms OLED.
      With the lack of any 8K content available to Consumers, LG is going to some lengths to ensure that current content looks good on the high-resolution panel. Even on the LG enhances all incoming content by pulling in optimization from deep datasets, offering upscaling and clarity enhancements for any content, from any source.
      Both OLED sets will be coming to market in 2019, likely sometime in June or July. Pricing details have not yet been announced.
      Smart TVs Get Smarter
      The rest of LG's OLED lineup is seeing significant improvements thanks to new Alpha 9 (A9 Gen 2) processing hardware, found in LG's OLED and premium LCD models. The processor handles processing for a cleaner picture, sharper details and a wider look-up table for true-to-life color. Unexpanded video cleanup process removes unwanted artifacts and offers sharper picture from any content source.

With the lack of any 8K content available to Consumers, LG is going to some lengths to ensure that current content looks good on the high-resolution panel. Even on the LG enhances all incoming content by pulling in optimization from deep datasets, offering upscaling and clarity enhancements for any content, from any source.
      Both OLED sets will be coming to market in 2019, likely sometime in June or July. Pricing details have not yet been announced.
      Smart TVs Get Smarter
      The rest of LG's OLED lineup is seeing significant improvements thanks to new Alpha 9 (A9 Gen 2) processing hardware, found in LG's OLED and premium LCD models. The processor handles processing for a cleaner picture, sharper details and a wider look-up table for true-to-life color. Unexpanded video cleanup process removes unwanted artifacts and offers sharper picture from any content source.

While the TV still primarily relies upon Google Assistant for content search and other capabilities, this does open up all of the functionality Amazon offers their customers, including exclusive skills such as Audible audiobook playback, listening to songs through Amazon music, travel booking through Kayak, and more.
      The smart TV software is also getting updated as LG rolls out webOS 4.5. The on-screen menu is getting an improvement, adding a second contextual row to the app menu that pops up when you select an app. In this second row, you'll see recently watched content, along with movie recommendations and trending content.
      Smart home enthusiasts will be pleased to learn that the new version of webOS also includes a feature called Home Dashboard. This dedicated tool lets you manage all of your connected home devices, from smart doorbells to thermostats, right from the TV.
      OLED and LCD TVs for 2019
      LG's entire lineup is being updated for 2019 with new models coming this spring. Models announced include the premium LG OLED E9, entry level OLED C9, and an updated version of the super thin wallpaper TV the LG Signature W9 OLED. No prices have been announced, but we expect the TVs to begin rolling out this spring.

(Though not yet announced, LG did tell us that the popular LG OLED B9 will be coming out later in 2019. No additional details were shared.)
      LG's LCD model line, previously known as Super UHD, is now known as NanoCell. The model line features the new webOS 4.5 platform, and many (though not all) models will include the new Alpha A9 Gen 2 processor, with all of its enhancements.
      Pricing details have not yet been announced, but the new models will arrive in stores sometime this spring.
      This write up is from https://www.tomsguide.com/us/lg-8k-oled-hands-on,review-6071.html
      LG CES 2019 Press Conference Video

• By Rafal Trzewikowski
      Hi,
      I have 49UH6100, device that does not have hardware video out connection.
      I would still like to use some sort of ambilight with it, so my guess is I'd need to resort to some sort of webhook to a running webos app which would serve a screenshot of the screen every xxx ms.
      Is there anything out there that can help me?
      Any ideas? (I cant have all devices hooked up to AVR before the TV because the AVR I have does not support 4k)
    • By Alex
      So did you guys see that smartwatch calling that Audi at CES? Turns out it's openwebos! 

Exclusive: The hottest smartwatch of CES isn't running Android Wear — it's Open webOS   LG and Audi's smartwatch collaboration is the most desirable wearable of CES 2015, and while the carmaker says it's just a prototype, the device offers a tantalizing glimpse of future LG wearables. Or at worst an agonizing look at a beautiful watch we'd love to own.   We tracked down the Audi/LG watch — still officially nameless, by the way — in Las Vegas today, and we can exclusively reveal that it's not running Android Wear as originally believed. In fact, it's packing completely different software based on LG's Open webOS. Source: http://www.androidcentral.com/lg-audi-watch-android-wear-webos

• By Alex
      Expect a lot of appliance and TV announcements from LG this week.

The South Korean electronics maker unveiled a slew of new televisions at last year's CES, including 12 new ultra-HD screens, and will likely follow suit this year during its press conference at 8 a.m. PT on Monday. It should also show off some of its developments with refrigerators, washing machines and ranges.

LG will unveil its upcoming slate of TVs, home theater products, appliances, and other gadgets as it kicks off Press Day at CES 2015.

cnet's live blog will be here: http://live.cnet.com/Event/LG_press_conference_at_CES_2015