Welcome to LG webOS - Smart TV, Phone, Signage, Appliance User to User Support Forum

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Alex

LG WebOS 3.5 Coming Soon

5 posts in this topic

WebOS 3.5 is set to be shown off at LG’s booth at CES 2017 in Las Vegas. No word yet on when, or if, it will roll out to existing smart TV models, but it will definitely ship with still unannounced new smart TVs slated to launch next year.

SOURCE: http://social.lge.co.kr/newsroom/he/lg_webos_1218/

https://www.slashgear.com/lg-webos-3-5-wants-to-make-watching-tv-more-magical-20468045/

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Why my tv's firmware 04.30.15?

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

"LG WebOS 3.5 wants to make watching TV more magical" ??? When WebOS want be "Magic WebOS", then WebOS must: 1. share external usb hdd with samba server for writting files from PC 2. share satellite card for home lan devices, or take codes from home lan devices 3. unpluged usb hdd on push one button of remote control 4. play files from samba server disks array. :) 

Guys if i installed offline firmware of uk region can i still use arabic language? And is it possible to downgrade the firmware from earlier version to older? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Rafal Trzewikowski
      Hi,
      I have 49UH6100, device that does not have hardware video out connection.
      I would still like to use some sort of ambilight with it, so my guess is I'd need to resort to some sort of webhook to a running webos app which would serve a screenshot of the screen every xxx ms.
      Is there anything out there that can help me?
      Any ideas? (I cant have all devices hooked up to AVR before the TV because the AVR I have does not support 4k)
    • By Alex
      So did you guys see that smartwatch calling that Audi at CES? Turns out it's openwebos! 

Exclusive: The hottest smartwatch of CES isn't running Android Wear — it's Open webOS   LG and Audi's smartwatch collaboration is the most desirable wearable of CES 2015, and while the carmaker says it's just a prototype, the device offers a tantalizing glimpse of future LG wearables. Or at worst an agonizing look at a beautiful watch we'd love to own.   We tracked down the Audi/LG watch — still officially nameless, by the way — in Las Vegas today, and we can exclusively reveal that it's not running Android Wear as originally believed. In fact, it's packing completely different software based on LG's Open webOS. Source: http://www.androidcentral.com/lg-audi-watch-android-wear-webos

• By Alex
      Expect a lot of appliance and TV announcements from LG this week.

The South Korean electronics maker unveiled a slew of new televisions at last year's CES, including 12 new ultra-HD screens, and will likely follow suit this year during its press conference at 8 a.m. PT on Monday. It should also show off some of its developments with refrigerators, washing machines and ranges.

LG will unveil its upcoming slate of TVs, home theater products, appliances, and other gadgets as it kicks off Press Day at CES 2015.

cnet's live blog will be here: http://live.cnet.com/Event/LG_press_conference_at_CES_2015
    • By Alex
      LG to launch next version of WebOS 2.0 for smart TVs at CES in January

The company plans to launch the next version of its smart TV platform at the upcoming Consumer Electronics Show.

LG says the latest version of WebOS improves on the features first introduced last year by giving viewers access to a wider variety of 4k ultraHD streaming options and making the platform faster overall. It also comes equipped with a new "My Channels" app that allows users to customize their favorite broadcast, cable or set-top box channels.

“By updating webOS with new and smarter features, users will experience a next-generation Smart TV platform that’s simpler, easier and more intuitive than ever before,” LG vice president In-kyu Lee, said in a statement “The webOS 2.0 platform is another example of LG’s commitment to taking a leadership role in the next generation TV market with an innovative Smart TV solution.”

LG introduced WebOS at last year's CES and has since sold more than five million televisions powered by the platform.

Source: http://mashable.com/2014/12/17/lg-webos-smart-tvs/

webOS 2.0 will make LG's smart TVs much faster next year

The usual pre-CES flood of information is under way, and LG is announcing details of the webOS 2.0 package its smart TVs will ship with in 2015. Improving on the menus we already dug at last year's show, LG says that the new versions will improve mainly in speed, with power-on boot time reduced by 60 percent, and a 70 percent improvement when switching from the home screen to YouTube. Sluggish, unresponsive apps have been a major pain point for "smart" TVs since their introduction, so it's good to see that addressed. One thing that will remain an issue however, is that the 2.0 upgrades will require a new display, as we haven't heard about an upgrade for existing sets (or other platforms like smartwatches, or even phones). According to LG, the first webOS sets were quite popular, with over five million sold through eight months.

If you have one of the new ones, it will include a new "My Channels" app that puts user's favorite TV channels right in the TV menu. Last year's TVs included "Universal control" from the Magic Remote LG ships with each one, and now it's built into the UI so it's easier to stay in one menu. Also upgrades is an Input Picker that recognizes whatever devices are plugged in for easier use, as well as 4K streaming support (on the appropriate TVs) for Amazon and Netflix. If everything holds to form, we should hear more about super size, high res displays with new tech (like quantum dots) over the next few days, before the usual CES flood of information once we hit Las Vegas in early January -- see you then.

Source: http://www.engadget.com/2014/12/17/lg-web-os-2.0/