Quantcast

LG Shows off 8K OLED and Smarter 4K Sets for 2019

LG always makes a big splash at CES, and the first glimpse we've had of the 2019 lineup looks great. From the first 8K OLED TV to hit the market to smarter AI and across-the-board improvements, LG's TVs are looking especially good for 2019.

LG Jumps to 8K

The biggest announcement has to be the introduction of the 88-inch Z9 OLED 8K TV, the first OLED to come to market with the higher resolution standard. The sleek TV has an ultra slim design, eye-popping detail and impressive dynamic range. It's also the first 8K TV announced that will offer to perfect black levels and per-pixel lighting that makes OLED such an impressive display technology.

LG  88-inch Z9 OLED 8K TV

During our hands on time with the new TV, we were impressed not only with the amazing clarity of the picture, but also the vibrant color and brightness. While LG declined to comment on peak brightness levels, it matched some of the brightest TVs we've seen, without sacrificing any of the detailed shadows or mid-range colors that might wash out on a lesser TV.

8K LCD set to 75-inch LG NanoCell 8K TV (75SM99)

The second is an 8K LCD set to 75-inch LG NanoCell 8K TV (75SM99), which uses LG's optimized LCD displays and NanoCell film filtering for premium TVs. Like the OLED model, it features incredible resolution, but the LCD display offers excellent brightness and color, two areas where LCD generally outperforms OLED.

With the lack of any 8K content available to Consumers, LG is going to some lengths to ensure that current content looks good on the high-resolution panel. Even on the LG enhances all incoming content by pulling in optimization from deep datasets, offering upscaling and clarity enhancements for any content, from any source.

Both OLED sets will be coming to market in 2019, likely sometime in June or July. Pricing details have not yet been announced.

Smart TVs Get Smarter

The rest of LG's OLED lineup is seeing significant improvements thanks to new Alpha 9 (A9 Gen 2) processing hardware, found in LG's OLED and premium LCD models. The processor handles processing for a cleaner picture, sharper details and a wider look-up table for true-to-life color. Unexpanded video cleanup process removes unwanted artifacts and offers sharper picture from any content source.

LG Nanocell TV

With the lack of any 8K content available to Consumers, LG is going to some lengths to ensure that current content looks good on the high-resolution panel. Even on the LG enhances all incoming content by pulling in optimization from deep datasets, offering upscaling and clarity enhancements for any content, from any source.

Both OLED sets will be coming to market in 2019, likely sometime in June or July. Pricing details have not yet been announced.

Smart TVs Get Smarter

The rest of LG's OLED lineup is seeing significant improvements thanks to new Alpha 9 (A9 Gen 2) processing hardware, found in LG's OLED and premium LCD models. The processor handles processing for a cleaner picture, sharper details and a wider look-up table for true-to-life color. Unexpanded video cleanup process removes unwanted artifacts and offers sharper picture from any content source.

LG 8K TV

While the TV still primarily relies upon Google Assistant for content search and other capabilities, this does open up all of the functionality Amazon offers their customers, including exclusive skills such as Audible audiobook playback, listening to songs through Amazon music, travel booking through Kayak, and more.

The smart TV software is also getting updated as LG rolls out webOS 4.5. The on-screen menu is getting an improvement, adding a second contextual row to the app menu that pops up when you select an app. In this second row, you'll see recently watched content, along with movie recommendations and trending content.

Smart home enthusiasts will be pleased to learn that the new version of webOS also includes a feature called Home Dashboard. This dedicated tool lets you manage all of your connected home devices, from smart doorbells to thermostats, right from the TV.

OLED and LCD TVs for 2019

LG's entire lineup is being updated for 2019 with new models coming this spring. Models announced include the premium LG OLED E9, entry level OLED C9, and an updated version of the super thin wallpaper TV the LG Signature W9 OLED. No prices have been announced, but we expect the TVs to begin rolling out this spring.

LG OLED and LCD TVs for 2019

(Though not yet announced, LG did tell us that the popular LG OLED B9 will be coming out later in 2019. No additional details were shared.)

LG's LCD model line, previously known as Super UHD, is now known as NanoCell. The model line features the new webOS 4.5 platform, and many (though not all) models will include the new Alpha A9 Gen 2 processor, with all of its enhancements.

Pricing details have not yet been announced, but the new models will arrive in stores sometime this spring.

This write up is from 

link hidden, please login to view

LG CES 2019 Press Conference Video

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Posted Images

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      Unseen, unheralded and often underappreciated, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) solutions are the unsung heroes of modern life that provide physical comfort and fresh air in all kinds of environments. Working unobtrusively in the background, HVAC is what keeps our homes, offices, hospitals, hotels, shopping malls and every indoor setting imaginable blissfully cool in the summer and delightfully warm in the winter while delivering fresh and healthy air all year around.

For more than half a century, LG Electronics has been a leading innovator in the commercial HVAC solution space, supporting its customers to thrive and grow with its technologically advanced products. With an innovative product portfolio, solid R&D foundation and more than 50 educational academies around the world preparing highly skilled experts, LG has been strengthening its industrial leadership by offering a full range of optimal solutions for nearly every sector and setting imaginable.

To showcase the value it brings to businesses worldwide and to share its vision for a more sustainable future, LG recently produced a brand video entitled “Ahead of the Expected.” Set to a dynamic beat, the uplifting video introduces the audience to the outstanding value offered by LG HVAC solutions, highlighting how LG is empowering its customers by providing an unrivalled level of “Integration, Commitment and Expertise.”

The company’s integrated solutions leverage the latest technologies to deliver powerful performance and greater operational efficiency, ensuring a reduction in the total cost of ownership. LG’s commitment to its customers is also evident in the wealth of services it offers, from installation to system engineering to maintenance; all carried out by highly-skilled professionals. LG’s devotion to creating a sustainable future through environmentally responsible HVAC products is matched only by its drive and ability to maximize value for its clients today, and anticipate what they’ll need tomorrow.

Thanks to its considerable expertise and know-how, LG can meet the unique demands of every business, providing solutions that guarantee fresh, clean indoor air tailored to the specific requirements of each building or facility.
      Although they may be out of sight and mind, LG HVAC solutions are right there next to us every day, doing what they’ve always done – making our lives more comfortable whether we’re sleeping, eating, working, shopping or just relaxing and having fun.

Check out LG’s new “Ahead of the Expected” video .
      # # #

• By News Reporter
      Highest Quarterly Revenue and Operating Profit in Company’s History

SEOUL, Apr. 29, 2021 — LG Electronics Inc. (LG) today announced first-quarter 2021 consolidated sales of KRW 18.81 trillion (USD 16.90 billion) and operating profit of KRW 1.52 trillion (USD 1.36 billion) – the highest quarterly results in the company’s history with the 8.1 percent operating profit being a first-quarter record. Compared with the first quarter a year ago, revenues grew by 27.7 percent and profitability soared by 39.1 percent, reflecting very strong demand for LG home appliances and home entertainment products as consumers around the world continue to spend more time at home.
      The LG Home Appliance & Air Solution Company generated first-quarter sales of KRW 6.71 trillion (USD 6.03 billion), an increase of 23.8 percent from the previous year. Operating profit of KRW 919.90 billion (USD 826.39 million) was 22.1 percent higher than the first quarter last year. For the second consecutive quarter the appliance business division saw significant growth year-on-year in North America and Europe as well as in its home market of South Korea where the rental business is particularly healthy. Profitability was accompanied by stable growth led by strong sales of premium products in North America and Europe. The business unit expects to see continued growth by expanding overseas sales in new products.
      The LG Home Entertainment Company recorded sales of KRW 4.01 trillion (USD 3.60 billion) in the first quarter, an increase of 34.9 percent from the same period a year ago. Operating income grew 23.9 percent year-on-year to KRW 403.80 billion (USD 362.75 million), buoyed by strong sales in North America and Europe. Premium products led by OLED and NanoCell TVs continued to experience strong demand as the pandemic effect continued in most of the world. To maintain this success in 2021, LG will continue to enhance its premium product lineup, further expand online sales, optimize resources and streamline asset management.
      The LG Mobile Communications Company reported sales in the first quarter of KRW 998.70 billion (USD 897.18 million) with an operating loss of KRW 280.10 billion (USD 251.63 million). Operating loss deteriorated 28 percent from the same quarter a year ago due to the lack of new products in light of the public announcement earlier this month that LG will exit the smartphone business at the end of July. Profit and loss for discontinued operations – including a breakdown of continuing and discontinued operations – will be included in the second quarter results.
      The LG Vehicle component Solutions Company achieved first-quarter sales of KRW 1.89 trillion (USD 1.70 billion), an increase of 43.5 percent from the same period last year. Operating loss narrowed to KRW 700 million (USD 629,000), which can be attributed to the recovery of the automotive sector in North America and Europe as well as increased revenues from new projects in the e-Powertrain and infotainment sectors and better cost management.
      The LG Business Solutions Company saw improved first-quarter revenues of KRW 1.86 trillion (USD 1.67 billion), an increase of 9.1 percent from a year ago and 23.6 percent higher than the previous quarter largely on the back of strong demand for products such as monitors and PC products in the era of remote working and online learning. Operating profit of KRW 134 billion (USD 120.38 million) declined from the same quarter last year due to the increasing cost of components such as LCD panels and semiconductors.
      2021 1Q Exchange Rates Explained
      LG Electronics’ unaudited quarterly earnings results are based on IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) for the three-month period ending March 31, 2021. Amounts in Korean won (KRW) are translated into U.S. dollars (USD) at the average rate of the three-month period of the corresponding quarter — KRW 1,113.16 per USD.
      Earnings Conference and Conference Call
      LG Electronics will hold a Korean / English conference call on April 29, 2021 at 16:00 Korea Standard Time (07:00 GMT/UTC). Conference call participants are instructed to to receive a private PIN number then call +82 31 810 3130 and enter passcode 6418# and the private PIN number. The audio webcast of the call will be available for streaming as well. The corresponding presentation file can be downloaded from the LG Electronics before the call.
      # # #

• By Dave Howard
      Hi,
      Pop up on my TV this morning saying I can have a free power board replacement as there has been reports of overheating issues.
      Anyone else had this?
      My tv is LG OLED65B7V HDR 4K Ultra Smart TV
    • By News Reporter
      The foundation of the fast-growing field of behavioral economics is that small changes lead to big results. In the Harvard Business Review, professors John Beshears and Francesca Gina write that “changes need not involve a lot of time and effort to implement; in fact, very simple adjustments can produce powerful benefits for individuals and organizations.”1

To encourage consumers to make small changes to achieve a common goal, LG a sustainability-focused online campaign #CareForWhatYouWear which has to date achieved 100 million cumulative views on LG Electronics’ YouTube channels over the globe including United Kingdom, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, and so on.

The campaign reflects LG’s ESG philosophy and leverages the company’s global presence to deliver a message of hope and sustainability to consumers world over. The that introduces the campaign shows the significant environmental impact of disposable fashion and the growing volume of clothing being thrown away every year after very little use – 5.8 million tons in Europe alone.2

Most importantly, the video highlights how consumers can play a part in improving the situation by taking better care of the clothes in their care, recycling old garments instead of discarding them and passing on unwanted items to others who will make use of them.

LG’s range of laundry solutions, including washing machines, dryers and the Styler, can extend the lifespan of garments, cleaning and refreshing with thorough yet gentle care that minimizes fabric damage.3 The #CareForWhatYouWear campaign invites consumers to join the sustainable clothing movement and share how they keep their favorite items of clothing looking great season after season.

As part of this campaign, LG is also collaborating with NET-A-PORTER, a leading online luxury fashion retailer, to offer a limited-edition line of stylish, environmentally-responsible clothing. Made from highly durable, machine washable materials, the collection was designed to be easily cared for at home without the need for dry cleaning’s harmful chemicals.
      # # #

2 “Textiles and the environment in a circular economy.” European Environment Agency, 2019.
      3 Washing machine: AI DD provides 18 percent more fabric protection to help extend the lifespan of clothing. Tested by Intertek in March 2019, comparing Cotton cycle with 2kg of underwear to LG’s conventional Cotton cycle (F4V9RWP2W vs. FC1450S2W). AI DD available for three cycles (Cotton, Mixed Fabric, and Easy Care). Dryer and Styler: Using LG’s low temperature heat pump technology, LG DUAL Inverter Heat Pump Dryer and Styler help protect clothes from damage. Results may differ depending on load composition and environmental factors.

• By News Reporter
      SEOUL, Apr. 7, 2021 — LG Electronics Inc. (LG) today announced its preliminary earnings results for the first quarter of 2021.
      LG reported tentative consolidated revenues of KRW 18.8 trillion in the first quarter of 2021 with an operating profit of KRW 1.5 trillion. Revenue and operating profit increased 27.7 percent and 39.2 percent, respectively, from the same quarter the previous year.
      Both quarterly revenue and operating profit are the highest in the company’s history.
      These figures are the tentative consolidated earnings based on K-IFRS provided as a service to investors prior to LG Electronics’ final earnings results including net profit. Details regarding each division which will be announced officially later this month.
      # # #

• Similar Tagged Content

• By MinakshiSamvedi
      I can't connect my google home hub to my smart tv(UK6360PTE) don't say, it doesn't support it because it has an inbuilt Google assistant and also the model no is mentioned on the LG website containing the list of supported models. It's a 2018 model. The app named "connect tv to Google assistant" is missing from the home screen. I tried to be over smart (LOL) and asked the voice command for the app it said opening the "connect tv to Google assistant" app and redirected me to the app store but it said not available.
      HELP ME... 
    • By Alex
      Some examples:

• By jaculson
      I have a LG TV model: 47LB652V-ZA, webOS version 1.4.0-2523 (afro-ashley). Why isn't Spotify supported for this TV if its from 2014 and it says that devices from 2013 and onwards will be supported
    • By Greg Bryant
      I'm trying to add channels using LG's guide / channel manager to favorite groups.  When I try to select a channel to move to the favorites group, the app tunes to that channel and closes; never giving me the opportunity to add it to my new group.  I was going to add all channels and try to remove the ones I don't want in that group but I can't because there's a limit.
      At first, I thought the issue was the 'remote control' input the TV created when I added my Direct TV remote (I had all my HDMI connections through my home receiver with only one HDMI connection to the TV) so all the inputs on the TV were listed as HDMI 2 with different names.  Going through the receiver, I had a 'set top box' HDMI 2 input, PS5 HDMI 2 input, etc.; when I attempted to add the direct tv remote control option to the 'set top box', the software created a new input - Direct TV on HDMI 2 but the set-top-box remained.   Initially when I tried to add a channel to my favorites, the software would change from the direct tv input to the set-top-box input and tune to that channel ( I thought it was confused by the basically the same input twice).  However, I connected the Direct TV input directly to the TV and the channel favorites editor still tunes to the channel selected and closes the app.
      Any ideas?
      I'd really like to pair down the channel list to only what I watch in a few categories.