Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!
This message will be removed once you have signed in.
1 post in this topic
I want to introduce myself by my first post here. Some time ago I bought LG 49UF7787 a nice 4k Smart TV from LG .
I'm quite enjoyed by the speed of UI and capabilities of the device but there are some lacks which I thought will be fixed after some time with coming updates. Now after two system updates and 3 months of usage (a model from 2016) there are still things to work on it.
1. Sometimes Magic pilot don't respond. Mostly when I'm not doing anything for some time (pilot is in power save I suppose asleep mode) and when I want e.g. change tv channel or turn the volume up it do not respond or it react with a 2-3 seconds lag. It occurs maybe by 10% of operations when it is power saving.
2. When I want to check program informations and I'm pushing INFO button there is 4 lines of text but 2 lines are the movie description and other two are the copy of previous ones.... (picture below)
3. There is no info about CAST and YEAR in the INFO description (for me the wasted 2 lines of copied movie description should be for that specs)
4. Using a LIST button generates a menu with programmes list - it is very nice but is is loading only those descriptions which you are looking at at the moment, when you scroll your list down it starts to load another piece of programmes - I think it should be done in background with some time intervals.
5. I have a cable TV from my ISP and I personalized my program list only to that ones are my favourites. The manager works fine and I just saved my new program list but after I suppose my ISP is changing its own program offer I'm getting the new stations which are empty because my tv plan do not support them.
E.g. I have only programmes from 1 to 50 but sometimes I get a new channels 383 and 537 or other (numbers are random but always exceed my own list and are empty)
Any recomendation what should I do to get rid of this disadvantages?
Do you have the same with yours WebOS 2.0?
So you just got your LG Smart TV with webOS 3.0 into your home and it’s almost time to begin the ultimate TV viewing experience. But first comes the unboxing. It’s important to properly unpack your LG TV both to prevent damage to the TV and to make you don’t accidentally discard any of the TV’s accessories and manuals. This video will take you through the process of how to properly unpack your LG TV. Learn more about LG Smart TVs: http://www.lg.com/us/experience-tvs Set up your LG TV: https://youtu.be/R4Jh5VBLBSk Connect your devices to your LG Smart TV: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list.
By Superholed by LG
Hocus Pocus, with one wave of the "Magic Remote" LG Superholed me just one week before the Superbowl. My LG TV would not work due to the "Magic Remote" failing to register. I did a 'hard reset' at the tech's request which was to press home and back for 5 seconds, followed by the OK button 5 or 10 times. Unplug and unbattery everything, fresh batts, nothing worked. There is NO workaround for this issue, and after resetting to factory presets and all updates, I am now stuck with a TV that does not work. In a chat with tech support at LG, I was informed that ALL LG tvs now depend on pairing with the remote to work. He stated this includes the coming Signature W Series OLED77W7P, OLED65G6P , OLED65E6P , OLED55E6P C6 OLED OLED65C6P , OLED55C6P OLED65C6P , OLED55C6P B6 OLED OLED65B6P , OLED55B6P OLED65B6P , OLED55B6P. Failure can be caused by Bluetooth failing within the TV, the remote failing to work, or possibly a software update issue. For instance. In any case, your TV could become worthless ANY time due to the "magic remote" working. Good luck finding a used one as authorized LG retailers have already stopped selling replacement remotes for a TV manufactured less than 2 years ago.
My question: How have other consumers been able to recover their losses from LG?
WebOS 3.5 is set to be shown off at LG’s booth at CES 2017 in Las Vegas. No word yet on when, or if, it will roll out to existing smart TV models, but it will definitely ship with still unannounced new smart TVs slated to launch next year.