Quantcast

Factory Reset, Remote Won't Work, Stuck on Press the OK button(wheel) on your remote (55NANO81ANA)

David Daul

Question

My magic remote and my Roku remote stopped working for turning off power so I performed a factory reset after troubleshooting to get the remote working.  I am now stuck at the 1st screen of the Factory Reset which says "Press the OK Button(wheel) on your remote."  Well... this really stinks because the remote doesn't work!!!  I have tried a USB mouse, a new magic remote, other LG Remotes with no luck.  I have also tried using the button on the bottom of the tv.  And, I contacted support which was just an exercise in redoing everything I had already tried... No Luck!!

This is a Nano Cell 55NANO81ANA which is basically just a big brick now since I cannot even use any of the inputs.  Does anyone have a trick for getting past this initial screen???

Thanks for the help.

17 answers to this question

On 4/24/2022 at 8:38 PM, David Daul said:

My magic remote and my Roku remote stopped working for turning off power so I performed a factory reset after troubleshooting to get the remote working.  I am now stuck at the 1st screen of the Factory Reset which says "Press the OK Button(wheel) on your remote."  Well... this really stinks because the remote doesn't work!!!  I have tried a USB mouse, a new magic remote, other LG Remotes with no luck.  I have also tried using the button on the bottom of the tv.  And, I contacted support which was just an exercise in redoing everything I had already tried... No Luck!!

This is a Nano Cell 55NANO81ANA which is basically just a big brick now since I cannot even use any of the inputs.  Does anyone have a trick for getting past this initial screen???

Thanks for the help.

Having the same issue with my OLED77A1PUA, did you ever figure this out? 

Hello

Exactly the same issue on 49SM8600 and did same operations but still stuck w/o access to apps menu, settings menu, ....

Did you find a workaround or a fix ?

I wonder if this operation could help to reset bluetooth module :

Thanks

On 1/2/2023 at 12:11 PM, lacal said:

Hello

Exactly the same issue on 49SM8600 and did same operations but still stuck w/o access to apps menu, settings menu, ....

Did you find a workaround or a fix ?

I wonder if this operation could help to reset bluetooth module :

Thanks

No, I still have no work around. This is killing me, the TV is just $2,000 brick and it's impossible to return now.... I can not believe you can not get the TV to accept an input without going through the "Press the okay button" screen. I've tried 5+ remotes and many many hard resets, I think the IR receiver at the bottom is broken (I have no red light with the TV on or off). I'm using this as a display so I don't need the remote to work.... If someone has a work around to get past the "press the okay button" screen and get the TV to accept an input that would be very helpful.

On 1/5/2023 at 3:34 PM, Rickrickrick said:

No, I still have no work around. This is killing me, the TV is just $2,000 brick and it's impossible to return now.... I can not believe you can not get the TV to accept an input without going through the "Press the okay button" screen. I've tried 5+ remotes and many many hard resets, I think the IR receiver at the bottom is broken (I have no red light with the TV on or off). I'm using this as a display so I don't need the remote to work.... If someone has a work around to get past the "press the okay button" screen and get the TV to accept an input that would be very helpful.

If you connect an USB mouse you will be able to click on the OK button. Configure wifi just after clicking to have a chance then to use an app on your smartphone as a remote. I didn't and now i just have LG chanles w/o any other menu and no possibility to reset again. Magic remote and bluetooth handling is a big shit on LG TV.

All,  

I was at an airbnb and the LG TV had the message to hit the OK Wheel button.  Didn't work.  All the remote would do was turn on and off the TV.  Also the bottom button would only do the same.  Basically stuck in set up mode.  

I did plug a Corded Mouse into it and it allowed me to hit the OK Wheel Button.  It was by clicking down on the scroll wheel on the mouse.  That only got me to the next step and I was stuck again as I couldn't go up and down.  

Solution (for me) is I plugged a wireless keyboard (I'm sure wired would work) and then used the up and down keys and the enter button to finish running through the setup.  

I hope this helps.  I don't have an account on this site.

My LG Nano75 50" 4K Ultra HD LED Smart TV got stuck on the Quick Access screen right after the last update. I spent several fruitless hours on forums and trying all the fixes to no avail. In a fit of pique, I mashed all the keys together and the screen is now cleared and the tv is working again.

On 9/29/2023 at 11:21 PM, Whew2 said:

Yes hold the power button at tv and remote wheel at same time

It did not work on my oled65c2 tv. I have replaced all boards twice. Is there normally a standby or power light close to switch?

TV comes on immediately upon plugging in with instructions to press wheel on remote.

On 1/4/2024 at 10:48 PM, Clifford455 said:

It did not work on my oled65c2 tv. I have replaced all boards twice. Is there normally a standby or power light close to switch?

TV comes on immediately upon plugging in with instructions to press wheel on remote.

Same issue here and I just figured it out myself, connect it to a keyboard, plug it up and it works just did it this morning I was stuck on the same screen, tried 30 different remotes and a mouse and nothing happened until I plugged the keyboard and it worked. Try it! 

13 hours ago, Iris said:

Same issue here and I just figured it out myself, connect it to a keyboard, plug it up and it works just did it this morning I was stuck on the same screen, tried 30 different remotes and a mouse and nothing happened until I plugged the keyboard and it worked. Try it! 

I found mine to be sort of self inflicted. It seems lg decided to use flip up disconnect for all ribbon connectors except the one that goes to power switch/ IR. It is opposite so it was essentially disconnected. After I found that, everything worked. Thanks for response.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Clifford455 said:

I found mine to be sort of self inflicted. It seems lg decided to use flip up disconnect for all ribbon connectors except the one that goes to power switch/ IR. It is opposite so it was essentially disconnected. After I found that, everything worked. Thanks for response.

never again with LG! lol no problem. 

On 1/5/2023 at 9:34 AM, Rickrickrick said:

No, I still have no work around. This is killing me, the TV is just $2,000 brick and it's impossible to return now.... I can not believe you can not get the TV to accept an input without going through the "Press the okay button" screen. I've tried 5+ remotes and many many hard resets, I think the IR receiver at the bottom is broken (I have no red light with the TV on or off). I'm using this as a display so I don't need the remote to work.... If someone has a work around to get past the "press the okay button" screen and get the TV to accept an input that would be very 

On 1/5/2023 at 9:34 AM, Rickrickrick said:

Has anyone been in the tv?  If this tv is like mine (oled65c2) then it is not getting the 3.5v to the power switch/IR module