Quantcast

Internet speed not recording correctly

ahreeves

Question

I'm using the OLED77C8PUA TV.

The speed on the internet coming into the residence should display on the TV's webpage when the speedtest.com or fast.com or Ookla.com is entered into the LG browser from the TV's homepage.

I get 400+ Mbps from Spectrum. I watch on a OLED 77C8PUA. I have Apple TV, TIVO BoltVox-Spectrum Card, and direct ethernet from my Netgear switcher that gives the whole house 400+ Mbps anywhere, even WIFI.

On the OLED, I see 9-32 Mbps ethernet wired, 25-52 Mbps wifi. Wifi in reality should be lower. I still get buffering and that brought me to use my extended warranty to have a tech come out to check the set.

This tech tried changing the MOBO only to find out that is was a dead board. Although, he did change out the WIFI card. When reinstalled the same speeds were recorded from the LG homepage browser. 

I would like a justification from an INTELLIGENT LG tech to tell us "what's up".

Answers or similar situations and the results, Please.

Resized_Resized_20221208_171514.jpeg

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Ron Williams
      I am unable to set a reminder or to set recording of any BBC1 programs on my oled 55a26la tv via Freeview .Anyone else experiencing this fault ?
      is there a fix for this ?

• By Musica napoli live e anteprime
      Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to exceed a speed of 100 mb/s with an Ethernet adapter for LG webos 3.5 TV and if so which adapter? I tried the one from Cable Matters but nothing
    • By NickL
      Hi,
      I recently bought an LG UK6500PLA TV (my first LG), but I have a difficult time streaming content (Wifi connected), e.g. Netflix series is streaming in low resolution.  The router is only 10 feet away from TV (but ethernet is not an option) and uses a 5GH frequency range.
      I have tried making a speed test at fast.com, for both the TV (through the Webbrowser) and for my laptop and iPhone. The speed test for TV showed 2.5 Mbps and my laptop and iPhone showed 110 Mbps. Can there really be such a big difference? I am starting to wonder if this might be a warranty issue?
      Do any of you guys have experience with bad Wifi reception on your LG TV or have any suggestions on how to fix it? 

Br,
      Nick
    • By Mandx
      I have recently bought a 48 inch lg oled.  For some reason I am getting super slow internet speeds no faster than 10 megabits at the tv even though I have Fiber internet.  I have it directly connected with cat 5 Ethernet cable to my Internet providers gateway.  I tested  the same cable and port with other devices and I am getting near 1 gig of speed.  What gives 
    • By Bob17821
      I have problems with one of my WebOS TVs which looks like a speed problem, but when I do a speed check on my iPhone from just a few feet away the connection speed looks fine.  Thanks,  Bob