Quantcast

55UH6500 Firmware 05.30.xx Wanted

Hi, I got a LG 55UH6500 and Magic Remote AN-MR600 and they are working perfectly for years. After I upgraded to the latest firmware 05.50.95, the TV refused to pair the Magic Remote and said only specific model and be paired. Can I go back to the firmware version 05.30.xx to solve the problem? I cant find the firmware from official LG website.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi! Again I do think after reflexion that you should firstly factory reset your Tv (if something has gone wrong in the update doing this might fixe it), use a Tv remote app on your smartphone pairs to your tv, one from lg or the "sure app" or whatever you find to access to "all settings" -> general setting" scroll down to "factory reset" if you had set a password then input it when asked if don't. Hit  "yes" to confirm the "factory reset" when asked. And lets the tv do his job then restart and set your tv like your first time, reset your magic remote, remove the old battery and let the remote without battery for 20 min, then still without battery press and hold the power button for 5 min, put new battery in the magic remote, hold home button and back button together for about 5 seconds while aiming to the tv, then the power button should flash meaning is pairing or try to do so, then hit the ok button that's pushing down on the center of the scroll wheel, while your close to tv, then if this worked the tv should say something like that " pairing is successful " then you are good to go, if not working, maybe your tv is not set for the rigth country, check general setting, go to location, then lg services country, uncheck "set automatically" and chose the right country if it is not setup then hit yes to confirm, if asked to agree to user agreement, do so and restart. And try pairing again.  Hope it work the first time! I'll wait for your return, bye

Hi!

Thanks for your advise. I tried to reset the TV, reset the magic remote by take out the batteries for 30 mins and put them back and long press the "EXIT" button. I also tried to select the country manually, however, the TV still said "only specific model of remote can be paired". I've no idea and call the customer service support and she told me that my TV does not support this magic remote and suggest me to buy a New magic remote. I had been using this magic remote for over 3 years! Isn't it the earlier firmware releases got "Bug" and so allow to pair this unauthorized magic remote incorrectly?

Im so disappointed to LG's service and desire dont buy any LG products anyway...

BTW, thanks for your kind help!

39 minutes ago, Yan Wong said:

Hi!

Thanks for your advise. I tried to reset the TV, reset the magic remote by take out the batteries for 30 mins and put them back and long press the "EXIT" button. I also tried to select the country manually, however, the TV still said "only specific model of remote can be paired". I've no idea and call the customer service support and she told me that my TV does not support this magic remote and suggest me to buy a New magic remote. I had been using this magic remote for over 3 years! Isn't it the earlier firmware releases got "Bug" and so allow to pair this unauthorized magic remote incorrectly?

Im so disappointed to LG's service and desire dont buy any LG products anyway...

BTW, thanks for your kind help!

Hi! You should not be disappointed from LG, but could you please tell me where did you get that remote for your 55UH6500 ? After looking around i found that this Magic remote was not meant for This Tv line up. The one you need is The Magic Remote AN-MR650 you can find it on Amazon or maybe some retailers, you have to check the availability for your country. Here some link for you to check 

N°1) your Tv Compatible Magic Remote: 

N°2) This one seems to be Universel has it is for all LG TV with Web OS 3.5

N°3) The Magic Remote you got who is normally not compatible with your Tv: 

could you please provide me with your complete exact LG TV models and the country it was meant for ? 

This it what I found: 

and the only Software update available is on that link scroll down to Software update: 

link hidden, please login to view

and I do not suggest you to get back to previous software update, only To use that remote, get a new one and sell yours to someone who need it for his compatible Tv.

Give a feedback on what you did. And have a great time, bye

I bought the TV and Magic remote together from the av shop. However, it was closed last year. As a customer, I didn't think to check the remote model especially it worked normally in the salesman's demo.
Thanks anyway!
Hello! What is the exact TV model ? Check at the back of the TV and tell me please ?
And how did you get the update you've installed on that TV ?
Answers correctly to those simple question.
Thanks

Envoyé de mon SM-N960F en utilisant Tapatalk

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.