Quantcast

Recording TV Issue

Question

I've recently bought a 

link hidden, please login to view
, It has a external powered SSD disk.

Sometimes we'll notice it start to record a scheduled program, then 1 minute later stop recording.  Being as LG tried to avoid paying the license for ITV/CH4/CH5 players here in the UK.

Any idea why?

I've only just bought this TV to replace a 2 year old Philips TV which had no end of hassles, and TBF Smart TV's really are as thick as Pig S....  My old windows 7 media centre PC with TV tuner was so much more reliable and easier to use.

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

This disk worked perfectly fine in previous TV.  It also works fine with this TV, it has been formatted in this tv, and will record fine. 

However occasionally the TV will start to record then a minute later stop.

I can then go to the program and start to record and it records the rest of the program fine.  As I say, it's just occasionally it stops recording.

@Spencer Cook It is possible that it is either a minor firmware bug, OR an intermittent SSD disk error, that causes the recording to stop. To eliminate that, take the SSD off the TV, connect it to your laptop or PC, then run the checkdsk command on it. That will be in the "cmd" option (it calls the black window like the old DOS command window.

See how to here;

If no joy, you might need to purchase "Spinrite" that is a very good disk analyser and fixer, that might force it to do a proper "wear levelling" on any off spec memory areas on the SSD. It is around $USD 70, but you get a lifetime licence and support. See here:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Jane McCoy
      the app will restart to free memory. why? how do I fix this?
    • By News Reporter
      The last year and a half have been the ultimate test of resilience for everyone and HR at LG has been at the forefront of managing these difficult times. Throughout the pandemic, the HR team navigated new ways for employees and management to work as the company has been forced to rethink and adapt to the new environment.
      Here at LG, the health and safety of our employees are our highest priorities. In this regard, we have always led by example such as the time we made the difficult decision to be the first multinational company to , the largest trade show in the industry, at the start of the pandemic as we felt it was the only way of ensuring the safety of our employees, customers and partners.

Since early last year, LG’s HR teams across the globe have been reinforcing business and organization sustainability as well as continuous internal communication and transparency at all levels. It is this close alignment in direction that has allowed HR to act swiftly and provide invaluable support across the organization and to our valued employees since the very beginning.
      To provide the best working environment possible, aligning LG’s HR leaders around the world immediately proved vital, with constantly open and transparent communication making this all possible. To guarantee that our global HR teams were on the same page, we created specific communication channels to deliver video presentations on the direction of our global HR strategy as well as employing more frequent virtual face-to-face discussions with HR leaders from around the globe.

As well as taking care of employees’ physical health, LG made an equal effort to support their psychological and mental health. In India, one of the countries hit particularly hard, we went above and beyond to support the physical and mental health of our staff. First step was to implement a Happy Calling system which involved our HR staff calling each employee every four to five days to check on their well-being and ensure that they and their families are safe and well looked after. This system allowed us to help employees from the privacy of their homes by accepting all questions and requests confidentially.

For global employees working from home, we wanted them to stay connected and collaborate as a team. To foster this, we hosted various online group activities including remote yoga classes, virtual lunches, happy hours and online cooking lessons for the whole family. We implemented various new programs because of our firm belief in the importance of human connections among employees. We have faith that these activities help our employees take on one of the most difficult times in modern history.
      Our health and well-being initiatives are not entirely new as we have been carrying out such activities for some time. These activities were already in place to cultivate growth among employees all around the world, regardless of their location. As a purpose- and principle-oriented company, LG’s people management philosophy pursues personal and professional growth in every single aspect, including health and well-being.

As the global head of HR at LG, my focus has always been on supporting LG Electronics and its talented workers and preparing them for the future by transforming the way we work together, nurturing the talent and capabilities of our people so that we may succeed and grow together in a fast, innovative and highly competitive market.
      The pandemic showed us the importance of this goal in all its clarity.
      By Carlos Olave, LG Global HR Leader
      # # #

• By Paul1111111
      I updated to webos 05.60.15 recently and now a mini guide incessantly pops up every time I change the channel. It's there any way to stop this or opt out of the mini guide coming up all the time? 
    • By News Reporter
      As sports leagues around the world return to playing in front of spectators, global companies and brands are eager to be a part of the action. Well targeted sports marketing is a win for both sides; sports teams can give its fans a sense of belonging in their everyday life with products featuring the team’s logo, and brands can promote the product’s benefits to the fans.To give avid football fans even more to get excited about, LG is introducing a special edition of its true wireless stereo LG TONE Free FN6 in partnership with Germany’s beloved Eintracht Frankfurt football club of the Bundesliga. With the team’s logo prominently displayed on the box and charging cradle, there’s no doubt to the owner’s allegiance. The Eintracht Frankfurt TONE Free will only be available for sale at the club’s to accentuate its exclusivity.

LG TONE Free is ideal for those who lead active lifestyles without worry about wires and tangles. The earbuds deliver a premium listening experience with tuning and technology by longtime LG partner, Meridian Audio. The realistic soundstage completely immerses listeners so they forget they’re even wearing earbuds at all. And just a simple tap lets in outside sounds for a quick conversation, when crossing the street or to hear a public transportation announcement without having to remove an earbud.

And when it comes to hygiene, no other TWS earbuds on the market today can match the LG TONE Free FN6. Its innovative UVnano charging case that harnesses the power of ultraviolet-C light to refresh the earbuds’ speaker mesh effectively kills pathogens such as bacteria during the powered charging cycle.1 In just minutes the speaker mesh is germ-free and fully powered for hours of listening pleasure. The eartips are made from soft, medical-grade ear gel that is both non-toxic and hypoallergenic for all-day comfort.2 And because these buds are rated IPX4, there’s no need to worry when working out or running through the rain.Earlier this year LG teamed up with The Football Association to offer limited edition TONE Free (model FA4) for English fans to show their support during the postponed Euro 2020. Through its support of football and its loyal fans, LG is making a name for itself when it comes to premium sound quality with hygienic benefits, features that no other pair of earbuds can claim.
      # # #
      1 Independent testing shows that the UVnano charging case eliminates 99.9 percent of bacteria on the earbud speaker mesh in ten minutes while charging. UV LED operates only when the case is charging.
      2 Base material in silicone ear gel meets ISO 10993 and USP Class VI requirements.
      Disclaimer: Not a medical device, nor for use as or to replace a medical device. Device or any of its parts not intended or implied to prevent or treat any health conditions.

• By Mike78j
      OK. I have a 2018 LG Smart TV model OLED65C8PUA.   The TV  'magically' recognizes and (badly) displays/ plays the 2gb of photos, videos and audio residing on my Western Digital 4TB My Passport  external hard drive I have. The problem is the TV is the ONLY device that WILL RECONIZE THE DRV! 8 diffirent computers running from Vista to Win 10 have given me 'DRV (x) is not accessable'. At one time the drv was password protected and it worked fine. The exact password was lost so I tried a number of variations and was able to finally unlock the drv and remove the password  using WD Utilities. It worked for a bit and I was able to copy out a few files using a Surface Pro/ Windows 10  but it stopped and now with that Surface Pro and the other windows machines  I get `D is not accessible. The parameter is incorrect'.  I even put it on a Samsung smart TV - none will read the drv, ONLY THE LG!  The LG also displays the DRV'S volume label and  content filenames as well. 
      I want to copy these files before the drive fails as the catch here is the LG seems to produce one or two "unrecognized files' every time I use it and some of these videos are one-of family heirlooms! I want to avoid another $300 data recovery bill if possible. And if the LG can read it one would think there is a way forward.
      Any suggestions will be most appreciated!