My new gallery series OLED TV died after less than two months. For weeks now, I have been calling LG support for help. The have created multiple repair tickets, but they have not been to get a repair technician out to fix the problem.
LG keeps trying to outsource the repair to 3rd party service companies. Does anyone know how I can find a local tech that works for LG to come out and fix it?
If not, what recourse do I have?
I'd like to easily stream/cast some movie files (.mkv, .mp4 etc...) on my Ubuntu 21.04 PC to a LG Smart TV having WebOS 4.9.x.
Both TV and PC are connected on the same LAN network via ethernet cable!
My router does not provide any UPnP feature!
I tried to use (with no success):
- Kodi - enabled UPnP/DLNA and shared my library, then right clicked on a movie and ran "Play using", selected "TV" but I was not able to see anything on my LG TV (i went to Movies and Photos and did not see any remote device or other stuff) (does this method nroamlly work? Maybe there is something wrong with my Kodi / Router configuration? What screen do I have to access on the LG TV to see the DLNA devices?)
- Integrated Ubuntu "Media Sharing" (see https://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2020/04/home-media-server-ubuntu-2004/) - same as above, I could not see any device from the TV when this option is enabled
- VLC UPnP feature - same as above
What options do I have, without buying any additional device like Chromecast, Raspberry PI etc...?
Please post here firmware number for your WebOS set including your country or the country where you downloaded the firmware and the model of your tv set:
- 3.23.24 - Romania- 47LB730v
- 3.23.34 - Romania -47LB730v - 21.08.2014 by USB
- 4.30.09 - Romania - 47LB730v - 29.08.2014 - OTA
By Jane McCoy
the app will restart to free memory. why? how do I fix this?
Similar Tagged Content
Hello I have an OLED65CX6LA and I can not find the multiview function. I press the microphone of the magic remote I pronounce launch multiview, my answer is that this function is not recognized. I do the same with the key where the three points are, but no multiview proposal is available. Can you help me please ?
By Santosh Kumar Gupta
I have a 32" 32LH604T-TB LG Tv and recently I bought a Google Home Hub. I am not sure if my Tv has Google Assistant built-in but I want to control the TV via Google Home Hub. Unfortunately , I can't find any solutions to connect my Tv to Google Home Hub.
So, is there a way to connect this two devices without any other equipment (like Chromecast )?
By Tiffany Top
Hello all I have the
as anyone tried using their multi-view feature. I've just discovered that one side Amazon Firestick 4K and the other side just normal air broadcast. I have noticed that with the Amazon Firestick 4K will not let you watch anything on the opposite side you have to uncheck the firestick 4K then you can watch something on the other side. But what's the point because that's the purpose I want to watch both at the same time my firestick 4k and my over the air broadcasting channels. Does anyone have a solution to this problem greatly appreciate it thanks for your help in advance.
Note: This Feature work for me with the old Amazon Fire TV stick that is not a 4k.