Quantcast

• 1 month later...

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/15/2020 at 2:18 PM, JonnyFlores said:

It is not understood why this functionality disappeared in WebOS 5 ...
I have an Oled CX and I don't have this option.
Why?

Hi @JonnyFlores

I would imagine that LG have dropped the feature, possibly they have had feedback that it is not a regularly used feature by a majority of users, or programmatically it has become more of a problem to keep rather than develop.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/20/2021 at 5:07 PM, George Hofmeister said:

Hi @JonnyFlores

I would imagine that LG have dropped the feature, possibly they have had feedback that it is not a regularly used feature by a majority of users, or programmatically it has become more of a problem to keep rather than develop.

What was the last Web OS version to support this properly? And I would not mind going back in version. What can we do? 

• 2 weeks later...

Plus one here for Multiview.   I call it Picture-in-Picture, it is all the same regardless of implementation differences. This is absolutely a useful feature on a giant monitor. The absence of the feature is the single biggest reason I have to dump my otherwise fine LG and to switch brands. Just a few highlights of how it is useful to me: I can participate in a live cycling game/workout and watch something else simultaneously. Or I can follow multiple events.   Or I can follow multiple sources covering the same event.      Reducing a monitor to only displaying ONE source at a time does not match how I use my electronic media.    Nobody keeps one app open on their phone or  computer. The same should be the case on the the TV monitor.

On 2/21/2021 at 4:33 AM, Frank K said:

Plus one here for Multiview.   I call it Picture-in-Picture, it is all the same regardless of implementation differences. This is absolutely a useful feature on a giant monitor. The absence of the feature is the single biggest reason I have to dump my otherwise fine LG and to switch brands. Just a few highlights of how it is useful to me: I can participate in a live cycling game/workout and watch something else simultaneously. Or I can follow multiple events.   Or I can follow multiple sources covering the same event.      Reducing a monitor to only displaying ONE source at a time does not match how I use my electronic media.    Nobody keeps one app open on their phone or  computer. The same should be the case on the the TV monitor.

Totally agree. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Konstantin Sviguzov
      [ru] почему youtuybe во время просмотра рекламы часто перезагружает приложение из-за нехватки памяти? памяти свободной больше 750 мб, оперативной - тут уже не знаю.
      Где новое обновление или прочее подобное?  Где поддержка?!
    • By BHPOST
      My new gallery series OLED TV died after less than two months. For weeks now, I have been calling LG support for help. The have created multiple repair tickets, but they have not been to get a repair technician out to fix the problem.
      LG keeps trying to outsource the repair to 3rd party service companies. Does anyone know how I can find a local tech that works for LG to come out and fix it?
      If not, what recourse do I have?
      Thank you. 
    • By Jjufyu23
      Hi,
      I'd like to easily stream/cast some movie files (.mkv, .mp4 etc...) on my Ubuntu 21.04 PC to a LG Smart TV having WebOS 4.9.x.
      Both TV and PC are connected on the same LAN network via ethernet cable!
      My router does not provide any UPnP feature!
      I tried to use (with no success):
      - Kodi - enabled UPnP/DLNA and shared my library, then right clicked on a movie and ran "Play using", selected "TV" but I was not able to see anything on my LG TV (i went to Movies and Photos and did not see any remote device or other stuff) (does this method nroamlly work? Maybe there is something wrong with my Kodi / Router configuration? What screen do I have to access on the LG TV to see the DLNA devices?)
      - Integrated Ubuntu "Media Sharing" (see https://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2020/04/home-media-server-ubuntu-2004/) - same as above, I could not see any device from the TV when this option is enabled
      - VLC UPnP feature - same as above
      What options do I have, without buying any additional device like Chromecast, Raspberry PI etc...?
    • By majorusa
      Please post here firmware number for your WebOS set including your country or the country where you downloaded the firmware and the model of your tv set:
      - 3.23.24 - Romania- 47LB730v
      - 3.23.34 - Romania -47LB730v - 21.08.2014 by USB
      - 4.30.09 - Romania - 47LB730v - 29.08.2014 - OTA
    • By Jane McCoy
      the app will restart to free memory. why? how do I fix this?
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By OLED65CX6
      Hello I have an OLED65CX6LA and I can not find the multiview function. I press the microphone of the magic remote I pronounce launch multiview, my answer is that this function is not recognized. I do the same with the key where the three points are, but no multiview proposal is available. Can you help me please ?
    • By Santosh Kumar Gupta
      Hi there,
      I have a 32" 32LH604T-TB LG Tv and recently  I bought a Google Home Hub.  I am not sure if my Tv has Google Assistant built-in  but I want to control the TV via Google Home Hub. Unfortunately , I can't find any solutions to connect my Tv to Google Home Hub.
      So, is there a way to connect this two devices without any other equipment (like Chromecast )?
    • By Tiffany Top
      Hello all I have the
      as anyone tried using their multi-view  feature. I've just discovered  that one side Amazon Firestick 4K and the other side just normal air broadcast. I have noticed that  with the  Amazon Firestick 4K  will not let you watch anything on the opposite side you have to uncheck  the firestick 4K then you can watch  something on the other side. But what's the point because that's the purpose I want to watch both at the same time my  firestick 4k and my over the air broadcasting channels. Does anyone have a solution to this problem greatly appreciate it thanks for your help in advance.
      Note: This Feature work for me with the old Amazon Fire TV stick that is not a 4k.

20190813_180730_1_1.mp4  
    • By Scott Bowles
      I don’t seem to have the multiview app on my LG smart TV. I have checked and the software is up to date. Any ideas why I am not seeing it?