Quantcast

Absolutely frustrated, I’m not really tech savvy, but my brand new tv git delivered earlier, my daughter said to leave it until she came round tomorrow BUT I was so excited,  soI unpacked it, no proper QUICKSTART instructions so disappointed from the off, managed to get it working BUT, been trying for 2 flipping hours to get Chanbel 4 toWotk keep getting a THIS IS EMBARRASSING message, tried all it suggests but still NOTHING please HELP SOMEONE PLEASE 

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/1/2020 at 3:28 PM, Eloise said:

Absolutely frustrated, I’m not really tech savvy, but my brand new tv git delivered earlier, my daughter said to leave it until she came round tomorrow BUT I was so excited,  soI unpacked it, no proper QUICKSTART instructions so disappointed from the off, managed to get it working BUT, been trying for 2 flipping hours to get Chanbel 4 toWotk keep getting a THIS IS EMBARRASSING message, tried all it suggests but still NOTHING please HELP SOMEONE PLEASE 

Hi @Eloise

If it is a problem with logging in to Channel4 then it is more than likely a problem with them and not the TV.  I have had similar issues with Channel4 & a couple of ROKU units I have set up in the last few days.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By DaveM
      Following a recent update my TV keeps powering off (going into standby) and then takes several minutes to turn back on.
      I've been through all the troubleshooting steps including a full reset, unplugging all cables etc.
      I ordinarily have 3 devices connected to the TV - a Sony Amp (sky, pc, firestick), a nintendo switch and a PS5. The latter two using eARC for audio.   It has been set up this way since January with no changes or any issues at all.
      Recently a software update was pushed out and the issue first started within minutes afterwards and has since it has been a nightmare.  The TV will often go into standby after a few minutes use and will not turn back on.  Even properly pulling the power makes no difference.  The device will go to turn on and then click back into standby with the red light lit.  There has since been another update which I thought may be a fix for the issue but wasn't.
      I did find that pulling all the HDMI cables and turning it back on seemed to help it turn on but recently that hasn't been helping either.  The only "fix" is to wait about ten minutes where it will then usually turn on. IF the device stays on for more than 10 minutes it largely seems to then stay on without issue.
      I have tried doing various things like disabling CEC control incase something was sending a bad HDMI signal but that hasn't helped and obviously causes issues for the eARC devices.  
      Any ideas of anything to try, whether itmight be a s/w issue or is just a hardware failure? Thanks 
    • By jikhead
      I'm not getting any audio from the apps via the HDMI via ARC connection to my receiver.  This occurred two weeks ago and was unable to resolve it, but ironically there was new firmware released that same day for my B6 (3/31/17) and this fixed the issue.  However, now I again can't get it working after a TV reset and tinkering with the audio settings again.  I tried to load the firmware again, but it appears this is not possible to forceable load the same firmware.
    • By lgoledtv
      After updating to the latest web browser with new user interface on LG C9, subtitles on all streaming websites disappears every 2-3mins.
      Video continues to play without subs. The subtitles will re-appear if I move the magic remote but disappears again after 3mins.
      Should be a widespread issue as it's also happening on Youtube.com videos with subs. Un-related but Play/Stop button on magic remote also stop working on the new browser.

• By alebabai
      After updating to the latest web browser with new UI, closed caption subtitles on ALL websites video including Youtube.com disappears every 2-3mins. Video continues to play without subs and subs will re-appear if I move the magic remote but disappears again after 3mins.
      Model - OLED55B8PLA
      WebOS - 4.3.0.9604
      Software version - 05.30.10
      Here is reddit post about this https://www.reddit.com/r/OLED/comments/npud6a/new_updated_web_browser_video_subtitles/
    • By Bevb
      I have a NANO91ANA LG TV connected via HDMI to a Yamaha RX-V677 Receiver. Normally when I turn the TV on it also turns the receiver on and I can control volume via the LG remote, whether it is an app on the TV or from another device connected to my receiver (Apple TV or cable box). Now the receiver is not turning on and ARC audio is not working. I think there may have been a software update the other day, but I'm not sure. However, everything was working properly until last night. The last time this happened it seemed to correct itself (it seems to be kind of sporadic), but this time it did not. I do not know what to do to correct this, but it is a major pain as I'm now having to deal with 4 remotes, plus I can't get sound out of my surround speakers when using an app on the TV.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.