Quantcast

OLED65E7P update?

Question

OLED65E7P bought in USA but later converted to India region by following the below link 

link hidden, please login to view

Current software version is 05.80.15
It won't find any new updates while checking from TV menu.

Should I upgrade it to 05.80.55 by downloading from LG India website?

starfish-dvb-secured-m16p-611.dunggir.m16p-61114-05.80.55-prodkey_usb_V3_SECURED.epk

Reason for asking is sometimes the apps act funny, especially Hotstar app seems buggy or not quick to respond. Does work ok most of the time. 

Thanks for any helpful advice. 

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

@Roadrunner99 There is always a risk using software the might not be well tested for a specific TV and country mix. Also, the HOTSTAR could have bugs of its own, when used on certain TV models. I woul

Have  05.80.55 on my 65B7P, no problems encountered so far, the tv is set to auto firmware update so can’t tell from when it runs it. But The thing that irritates me about this oled tv is permanent

4 answers to this question

@Roadrunner99 There is always a risk using software the might not be well tested for a specific TV and country mix. Also, the HOTSTAR could have bugs of its own, when used on certain TV models. I would say it could be a 50/50 chance that the Hotstar app has bugs, and the firmware has bugs.

Edited by td47
Typo
  • Like 1

Have  05.80.55 on my 65B7P, no problems encountered so far, the tv is set to auto firmware update so can’t tell from when it runs it.
But The thing that irritates me about this oled tv is permanent image burning. I can see a cnn square ghost on different colors especially orange. I’ ll post a thread.

• Like 1

Updated to 05.80.55 firmware from US website, which has the atsc in the file name instead of dvb. Even though TV is used in India it seemed less risky to stick to the original lineage.

starfish-atsc-secured-m16p-611.dunggir.m16p-61114-05.80.55-prodkey_usb_V3_SECURED

vs
starfish-dvb-secured-m16p-611.dunggir.m16p-61114-05.80.55-prodkey_usb_V3_SECURED

Now the webOS TV Version shows as 3.8.0-61114 (dreadlocks2-dunggir)  while the firmware shows as 05.80.55 on TV.

How to update the WebOS to the latest? and what is the latest version?

Also, at lg.com/in for the same model it shows two different updates

05.80.55 & 4.70.36, don't understand why? should i install both?

• 838,986K 02/26/2020
  • link hidden, please login to view
    836,949K 02/27/2018

Thanks

@Roadrunner99 If the 05.80.55 firmware loads, installs, and the TV works OK, stick with that.

I believe that any WebOS updates (if applicable) would come "bundled" with any valid Firmware update that is compatible with the models it is designed for. I understand that the TV hardware (chip-sets and CPU and memory capabilities) are the main limiting factor for having WebOS updates (or not). Some older TV's (2014 - 2015) models had a stripped-down WebOS V4 called 3.5 Lite, but LG do not have the money and resources to bring tailored WebOS releases to every TV variant from say 2013  - 2016, just to get  few featured and software/app compatibilities, when the main "new features" can only be supported by later hardware "chip-sets" on the motherboards of the 2019/2020 sets (that cover later hardware and software standards and protocols) that will work properly WITH those new/later WebOS levels (e.g. WebOS 5.x). Remember that specifications (HDMI eARC, device and IoT support) and functionality and protocols are changing all the time, and much of that has to be embodied INSIDE the chip-sets in the hardware itself, and NOT emulated in software, as it is inefficient and slows down performance.  See this link for some old complaints about WebOS lack of updates:

Edited by td47
typo

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By News Reporter
      Utilizing VUNO’s AI Algorithm, LG’s X-ray Acquisition Software
      Reduces Analysis Time by Detecting Abnormalities in Images

SEOUL, June 22, 2021 — LG Electronics (LG) today unveiled an improved X-ray acquisition software for the company’s Digital X-Ray Detector (DXD) line of medical imaging device products. The DXD software, developed in collaboration with , is LG’s first healthcare solution to utilize artificial intelligence. Paired with LG DXD, the advanced software provides a more convenient, more time-efficient way to generate and analyze X-ray images.
      Designed for large hospitals as well as private clinics*, LG’s DXD with X-ray acquisition software leverages advanced AI to help busy medical staff swiftly spot abnormalities in chest X-rays, reducing reading time by automatically flagging suspicious readings on the displayed image. Featuring VUNO’s clinically proven AI algorithm, LG DXD enables medical professionals to view original X-rays and AI-analyzed images at the same time, ideal for diagnosing pulmonary diseases such as tuberculosis, pneumonia or lung cancer. LG DXD can analyze X-rays for interstitial opacity, consolidation, pneumothorax, pleural effusion and nodule/mass then inform the medical provider of any abnormalities and provide an abnormality score with a colored heat map or contour that marks any lesions detected.
      LG is enhancing its range of high-quality medical solutions with the debut of a 14 x 17-inch wireless DXD with oxide panel that delivers high-resolution, low-dose images. The implementation of oxide and thicker cesium-iodide (CsI) scintillator and improved software means greater detective quantum efficiency (DQE) resulting in approximately 50 percent less radiation dosage. And with an IP68 rating, the new DXD is safe to use in dusty or wet conditions, while the eight hour battery life means easy portability and long usage times.
      “LG Digital X-Ray Detector is now even more powerful with the integration of VUNO’s AI technology,” said Jang Ik-hwan, senior vice president and head of the IT business unit of LG Electronics Business Solutions Company. “Our improved diagnostic tool will enable medical facilities to reduce incidences of misdiagnosis, provide faster analysis and assist healthcare professionals in detecting thoracic diseases early.”
      LG’s latest DXD medical solutions will be available starting in North America, followed by key markets in Europe and Asia.
      # # #
      * Relevant medical device certifications pending in relevant markets.

• By mk san
      Dear LG WebOS team,
      Now that Disney+ Hotstar service is officially available in Malaysia, why is the app still not available here?
      I can see the app in the content store when I change the service location to India, but not when it's Malaysia. Can you please provide the app in Malaysia as well?
    • By Marco V
      Hi,

so i was watching a movie through the webbrowser app of the LGCX65
      Every 20 min the screensaver kicks in while there is no reason to as the movie keeps playing
      in the background you can even still hear the movie playing

how can i disable this screensaver its very anoying

thanks
      Marco

• By Adithya
      I don't find any latest updates for 55UH850T this model. Most of the applications says that WebOS 3.5 or more is required. This model TV is with 3.4 WebOS version.
      Please let me know in case if anyone has any information on this.
    • By Mahendra Chowdary
      I've LG GX OLED which is the best tv in market yet it doesn't stream 4k HDR content in Disney plus hotstar.... But in all other platforms Disney plus hotstar is streaming 4k HDR content... Why not on WebOS.....? 
      By the way I've Disney plus hotstar premium subscription waste of money for taking that...
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By michaelbr
      How can I update firmware of this TV? I can't find firmware update anywhere!
    • By Doniv7
      Hey Team,
      I am using LG 43UH650T and the same is updated to latest firmware 5.50.80 yet it is not showing latest apps available on latest lg tv app store.
      Just wanted to know the availability of latest firmware for my tv that will support latest apps like Hotstar.
    • By nebody00
      Is there a way to reflash the firmware?   Or any ideas to fix this?  I'm out of warranty so I hope I can fix this with a service remote.
      I suspect when my TV autoupdated to 5.10.45 last week, it corrupted the firmware.  It now takes 2 minutes to turn on the TV.  It shows the WebOS loading screen against a black background but then after it loads up, I get a blue tint on the screen.  I cannot get rid of this blue tint even messing with picture settings.
      When I performed a reset to factory settings, it reverted to an unknown language which is very odd since I am located in the US.  I can't even get it to select English - United states.
      Thumbnail2.jpg
       This is what a youtube video looks like that's supposed to show the color red.
      Thumbnail1.jpg

• By hellojavad
      Hello guys
      I can't play Dolby atmos in TrueHD format when playing from hard drive after I update my firmware and only DD+ is playing.
      I reset my device also but nothing changed.
      any Idea what to do?