Quantcast

Miracast on LG OLEN 55 CX 9 LA

Question

Hey guys,

this might seam like a primitive question for you but I'm having trouble connecting my TV via Miracast with my MS Surface Tablet.

Wenn I open Projector Settings (Windows + P) and select "connect with wireless display" my LG Webos TV is found by my Surface.

Now when I hit "Connect" MS Surface trys to establish a connection with the LG Smart TV. However the LG TV does not show any message like "Accept Wireless connection". I'm guessing this is the reason why my Miracast does not work.

Could you help me out here?  Where did LG hide the confirmation dialogue?

thx for your help

greets :)

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

@JuliusCaesar First, on the laptop, check that it is on the same WiFi band (2.4GHz or 5GHz) as the TV. Then on the laptop, go to ALL Settings (from the notifications bottom right), key in "media" with

2 answers to this question

@JuliusCaesar First, on the laptop, check that it is on the same WiFi band (2.4GHz or 5GHz) as the TV. Then on the laptop, go to ALL Settings (from the notifications bottom right), key in "media" without the quotes in the search box, and when you see "Media Streaming" select that. If it is off, click the "turn it on" banner, and set all discovered devices you want to "stream" (or cast) to to ALLOW in the tick-boxes (make sure that they are ALL turned on first of course)! Then try again.

If you still have issues, ensure you are at the latest Feature Update on Windows 10 (that could be the April 2020 one, called "2004", or the new October one called "20H2". I hear that the later one is MUCH better than the "2004" one!

Failing all of the above, you may have to resort to using "Smartshare" on the laptop (downloadable program) and TV, but I always found it very clunky and unreliable.

Edited by td47
typo
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By syldev
      Hi
      i am owning a LG-LB670V.
      The TV started to power on only sometimes but is now not powering on at all.
      Once i plug the power cable the front red led is blinking 8 times (the pauses between the blink is not always the same).
      Is anything i can verify/do myself before bringing it to a repair shop ?
      Rm: i tried already with another power socket and by pluggin it directly to it.
      tx!
      Regards
      Syldev
    • By Khamikaze
      Hi there,

So VLC (via DLNA) does not see LG TV webOS as renderer option.
      Even Windows 7 (via Explorer / Windows Media Player) sees it.

What's special about LG TV webOS DLNA implementation that VLC does not see it?

Thanks,

PS: Some other related posts on this.

VLC Streaming to LG Smart TV

VLC on LG C8.

Streaming from Windows VLC to LG webOS TV?

How do I stream to my LG TV using the VLC Media Player on my HP Envy Desktop that is Running Windows 8

link hidden, please login to view  
    • By Mueen Mirza
      Request if we can have apps  that are available on other OS/platforms in WebOS basis the country
      This will improve user experience and satisfaction

• By Yaswanth
      Looking for airtel Xstream app for webOs in LG554T. Please add it. This app is available in google play store & app store
    • By News Reporter
      Innovative home appliances, solar panels, HVAC technologies and consumer electronics from LG Electronics are delivering high performance, connectivity, convenience, and energy efficiency to The New American Home® () and The New American Remodel® (), the official show homes of the 2021 International Builders’ Show® virtual experience () which took place earlier this month in Orlando, Florida, USA. The International Builders’ Show is the annual event sponsored by the National Association of Home Builders (), the largest US trade group representing the home building industry.
      Located in the heart of central Florida, TNAH and TNAR 2021 are state-of-the-art showcase houses illustrating how any home can be transformed into a high-performance, high-tech space when integrating today’s building and appliance innovations to reduce energy consumption, increase efficiency and enhance daily life. Seven-time ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year LG Electronics was named NAHB Platinum Partner for both Net Zero homes.

Net Zero Homes
      TNAH and TNAR encompass advanced, high performance products and functionality that homeowners look for when building, purchasing or renovating. Both homes have achieved the U.S. , , and Net Zero status from the :
      2021 is a stunning, three-level single-family home that showcases the latest designs centered on urban living. The new 514-square-meter abode – the latest project from Phil Kean Designs – consists of three bedrooms, four full baths and one half-bath, a showroom three-car garage, innovative exercise room, and ultra-energy efficient, net-zero features. TNAR 2021, built in 1973, draws lineage from Frank Lloyd Wright architecture. Renovated by , the 722-square-meter home features a sleek chef’s kitchen, as well as six bedrooms, six bathrooms and two half bathrooms, ultra-energy-efficiency products, and a fully furnished cabana and an outdoor entertaining area with a large pool, spa and lanai.
      Renewable Energy
      Key to TNAH’s and TNAR’s environmental sustainability and appealing designs are rooftop installations of high-efficiency solar modules from residential renewable energy leader LG Business Solutions. Forty LG NeON® 2 60-cell modules help power each home to support their Net Zero designs. These popular high-efficiency modules generate more power from the same amount of sunlight than lower-efficiency modules of the same size while blending in unobtrusively to the look and feel of the home’s design.

Chef’s Kitchens
      The chef’s kitchens in both homes feature built-in appliances – advanced pro-style ranges, column refrigerators, freezers, wine refrigerators and more – from LG’s fast-growing luxury brand, . In addition to ENERGY STAR certified refrigerators and dishwashers, Signature Kitchen Suite appliances featured in the homes include first-ever innovations: pro-ranges with built-in sous vide functionality, along with induction and gas, wine column refrigerators with exclusive “Wine Cave” technology to better preserve at-home collections, and a unique built-in undercounter convertible dual-drawer refrigerator.

Smart Laundry Appliances
      Energy efficient laundry appliances in TNAH and TNAR deliver added convenience and offer advanced technologies, elevated designs and designer-grade finishes. Featured innovations from the  division include the ENERGY STAR certified LG WashTower, an industry-first single-unit, vertical laundry solution takes up half the floor space, elevating consumers’ laundry experience while still tackling ultra-large loads. TNAH incorporates the new LG Studio WashTower in the exclusive Noble Steel finish, while TNAR features the LG WashTower in white, both complemented by LG Styler clothing care systems, which are certified “asthma & allergy friendly” by the Asthma & Allergy Foundation of America.

Efficient Air Conditioning Systems
      Featuring efficient HVAC systems and controls from LG, TNAR embeds advanced comfort solutions that support the home’s Net Zero status and complement its unique design characteristics. TNAR boasts two award-winning . They are connected to a number of  units, which feature LG’s efficient inverter technology and offer discrete and flexible installation. Customizable comfort can be controlled via wall-mount controls or with a smartphone using the .
      Tours of the homes are offered virtually. Visit and to learn more about the construction process, as well as the final showcase homes. The final version of the homes will be available indefinitely on .
      By LG USA Staff
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view