Quantcast

Miracast on LG OLEN 55 CX 9 LA

JuliusCaesar

Question

Hey guys,

this might seam like a primitive question for you but I'm having trouble connecting my TV via Miracast with my MS Surface Tablet.

Wenn I open Projector Settings (Windows + P) and select "connect with wireless display" my LG Webos TV is found by my Surface.

Now when I hit "Connect" MS Surface trys to establish a connection with the LG Smart TV. However the LG TV does not show any message like "Accept Wireless connection". I'm guessing this is the reason why my Miracast does not work.

Could you help me out here?  Where did LG hide the confirmation dialogue?

thx for your help

greets :)

2 answers to this question

@JuliusCaesar First, on the laptop, check that it is on the same WiFi band (2.4GHz or 5GHz) as the TV. Then on the laptop, go to ALL Settings (from the notifications bottom right), key in "media" without the quotes in the search box, and when you see "Media Streaming" select that. If it is off, click the "turn it on" banner, and set all discovered devices you want to "stream" (or cast) to to ALLOW in the tick-boxes (make sure that they are ALL turned on first of course)! Then try again.

If you still have issues, ensure you are at the latest Feature Update on Windows 10 (that could be the April 2020 one, called "2004", or the new October one called "20H2". I hear that the later one is MUCH better than the "2004" one!

Failing all of the above, you may have to resort to using "Smartshare" on the laptop (downloadable program) and TV, but I always found it very clunky and unreliable.

Edited by td47
typo
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Kris0725PL
      I purchase this tv lg 55" SJ800V and i have problem to Share screen from my Phone BlackBerry Q10 to this tv.
      Over HDMI Cable everythings works ok. But Over Miracast tv broken connection.

My BlackBerry Q10 have new firmware 10.3.3 and support Direct wifi and Miracast.

Please add fix for this issue. We have 2017 year not 1945.

O

• By Phillip
      I have an Alcatel_4060A Android version 5.1.1 mobile phone. I've used the Miracast once before, and connected to my LG webOS LJ550B just fine. Now however, my phone will no longer connect via Miracast. It connects for a split second, then tv displays "your device is disconnected". On my phone, it displays "your Wi-Fi disply connect device failed". My phone connects with tv via tvcast app....but won't connect with any screen sharing or mirroring app. I've even rebooted my phone to factory settings, and still won't connect. Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions? I'mat my wits end! 

• By Kaido Loor
      I have LG TV 55LF652V-ZA, serial 603WRFSME603, software 04.04.45  (now 04.05.56) that used to accept Miracast fine until a few months ago. I use Lenovo Helix laptop. Until a recent (2 weeks ago) webos update the message I got on TV was 'Your device has been disconnected'. Now the error message is better, saying 'STREAMING PROBLEM. Your Helix is successfully connected with your TV but there is a problem with its screen. Please make sure whether the Helix is working and please properly set up and connected.'
      The phone support was not very helpful (asking to check the refresh rate of the laptop screen, change wifi channel, besides the reconnection, etc). So what are the additional ideas to get Miracast working? What are the settings in the laptop that are relevant and can be changed?
      Miracast from phone to TV works.
      Note that it used to work fine until a few months ago.
      Kaido
    • By irnote3
      In Windows 10 there's media player and and movie and program tv player they both support widi, but they not support subtitles are there alternative players do that? Thanks.
      Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
    • By wowo213
      Hi, as the topic my phone does not want to operate in the Miracast TV has anyone an idea how to fix it?