Quantcast

LG 42LB6500-TH Software update issues - unable to update to 05.05.70 via internet/usb

LG user 42LB6500-TH

Question

LG 42LB6500 is having trouble with display. Fire TV stick, prime video and set top box video are not getting displayed and only audio works. It looks like this is a software issue (current version 05.05.55) and I am not able to fix it by updating software to 05.05.70 via internet (image below) or through usb. Please advice.

lg tv.jpg

5 answers to this question

@LG user 42LB6500-TH Just to clarify: 1) are you using an AV Receiver for sound/surround sound?  2) Did any of the input devices USED to work before, or has the "problem" just occurred?

3) Did the issue start just after the update to  05.05.55?

4) Does the Live TV, or  other APPS on the TV work correctly for sound and video?

SUGGESTION: Remove all devices, unplug the TV from mains power, hold its power button for 30 seconds, plug TV back to power, then check each input device individually, either using the HDMI ARC, or an input for DVD players, sometimes marked "BD". If one device works in one socket, experiment with the other one to see which input works best.

If you DO use an AV Receiver amp, then you will need to plug those devices into the input sockets of your AVR, and  retest (but bear in mind that not all units are HDMI-CEC compliant, so you may need to turn HDMI-CEC off for those devices, and the AVR HDMI Port.

Yes - all the devices used to work. It is only after the update to 05.05.55, set top box, fire tv stick and chromecast started failing and only dark screen is displayed. I am not able to update the firmware as well to fix this issue.

No app is working for video. Is it an issue with refresh rate between TV and devices?

@LG user 42LB6500-TH  Refresh rate is ONLY to do with screens, devices connected should have no bearing on the issue.

Did you try an empty USB stick, downloading the ZIP file from the LG site on your PC/Laptop, then unzip the file into the ROOT of the USB stick (i.e. NOT in a folder), then following the USB firmware install steps?

link hidden, please login to view

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Phaedrus
      On an LG CX 55, two minutes into episode 4 -- "The Tomb" -- of the series Moon Knight on Disney+ there is a scene with statuettes in niches each lit by an oil lamp. As the flames flicker, dark blotches jump around some of the niche walls.
      These are certainly unintended artifacts.
      Can someone confirm wether this is a CX (only) issue?

• By MacSmooth
      Quick question, what is the current software version on the hu810pw projector? Has there ever been any updates for this projector 
      Only asking because mine says it’s 03.00.37 out of the box and says there is no software updates 
      If this is the current version for this projector and it has been out for well over a year and never had any software/firmware updates, have I fallen victim to the LG never update any of their not popular products in there lifetime company policy? which kept me away from LG products for the pass 10years
    • By News Reporter
      After 70 years on the throne, the extraordinary popularity of Queen Elizabeth II did not go unnoticed during Britain’s four-day Platinum Jubilee extravaganza that took place the first weekend of June. To get ready for the festivities, LG hosted a virtual LG SIGNATURE event in advance as a part of the luxury brand’s ‘LG SIGNATURE Hosts’ experiences.

Hosted at the end of May, the event comprised of two interactive Zoom sessions in partnership with acclaimed British chef , who is described by renowned critic and presenter as “the kind of chef who only comes along once or twice in a decade.”

Ahead of the session, guests were gifted a luxurious picnic hamper which included dishes curated by Denney, a bottle of Chapel Down English sparkling wine and an LG SIGNATURE branded champagne stopper. Denney’s menu choices were inspired by traditional British delicacies and favorites of the Royal Family, with items such as mutton salami, Isle of Wight tomato panzanella, Royal Warranted Kings’ Caviar and a traditional cherry tea cake with whipped vanilla cream that Denney’s grandmother used to make for the Spencer family at .

During the session, Denney talked the media through the creation of both the panzanella salad and the cherry tea cake, while showcasing the unique features of the LG SIGNATURE Wine Cellar and LG SIGNATURE Refrigerator that were set up in the kitchen.

LG SIGNATURE products are known for delivering high-end, unparalleled performance. Offering the precise temperature- and humidity-controlled conditions needed for optimal preservation, the LG SIGNATURE Wine Cellar is the ideal home solution for keeping wines of all types at their best. And, with the innovative InstaView feature, LG SIGNATURE Refrigerators allow users to see inside the easy access compartment without opening the door, helping food stay fresh longer.
      Empowered with advanced technology, stylish design and hygiene-promoting features, today’s luxury products represent innovation at its finest.
      Contributed by LG UK
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Finjo
      Hi, whenever I turned on my PS5 in the past on my TV  I would get a prompt in the bottom middle to press a button to automatically go to the HDMI channel, now I still get a notification in the top right saying “HDMI 1 is available” but it doesn’t seem clickable.

Has this been caused by a software update? I did also set up a sound bar in the HDMI ARC port recently and wondering if it could have anything to do with that?
    • By alebabai
      After updating to the latest web browser with new UI, closed caption subtitles on ALL websites video including Youtube.com disappears every 2-3mins. Video continues to play without subs and subs will re-appear if I move the magic remote but disappears again after 3mins.
      Model - OLED55B8PLA
      WebOS - 4.3.0.9604
      Software version - 05.30.10
      Here is reddit post about this https://www.reddit.com/r/OLED/comments/npud6a/new_updated_web_browser_video_subtitles/
      Update:
      Fixed in the latest update.
  • Similar Tagged Content