Quantcast

Wifi Connection - password not retained

Question

I am in the process of moving my WiFi to a 4G carrier. I was testing the 4G modem and needed to move back to the Broadband modem for a day - I found that the BB password was not kept on the LGWEBOS TV.  Similarly when I moved back to the $G modem I had to re-enter that. This TV is the only device that I have which does not remember passwords

Is there a way of placing a support ticket for a change to the OS

Edited by Allan B
spelling correction
  • Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

On 8/2/2020 at 7:29 AM, Allan B said:

I am in the process of moving my WiFi to a 4G carrier. I was testing the 4G modem and needed to move back to the Broadband modem for a day - I found that the BB password was not kept on the LGWEBOS TV.  Similarly when I moved back to the $G modem I had to re-enter that. This TV is the only device that I have which does not remember passwords

Is there a way of placing a support ticket for a change to the OS

Hi @Allan B

You would have to go to the LG Customer Support on the website relevant to the country you are in to raise a ticket, this is purely a User-to-User forum.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By alizadeh
      Hi, 

I was tying to change the settings on our LG TV to enable it for HD channel reception. We found instructions on the net to configure the "area option" in the hidden menu, however, they did not work. So, we thought that we need to change the country group to be able to receive the HD channels. Although we could not change the "country group code" from 20 to an arbitrary number, we change it to 10. After that, we have not been able to change it anymore. It is struck there. I know this is ridiculous, but an LG TV expert who is working in LG customer services told us that I could not change it either and we need to replace the IC. I shocked why with a simple change in one of the TV parameters, everything is got complicated. 

In details, here is the picture of the parameters currently set on the LG TV with the model number of 49LH549V-TD: 

Please tell me why I could not set the "country group code" to 20 once again? It is gray meaning that is unchangeable. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Best regards 
      Alizadeh 

• By peter shaky 73
      My fibre optic cable is allowing all my devices onto the wifi but my TV is not and I cant turn the wifi button to ON.  Please help
    • By hjetschko
      Hi, I have a feature request for the sound out setting. I often connect my Bluetooth headphones to the TV. We don't use the internal speaker of the TV, we use the optical sound out setting whenever I don't use Bluetooth. It would make our lives a lot easier if the TV can remember the last sound out setting before connecting to Bluetooth and default back to this setting when the Bluetooth device gets disconnected. At the moment, each time I disconnect the headphones I have to go back into settings and change the sound out setting from internal speaker to optical again. 
      Thanks and regards
      Hubert
    • By Flying Frenchman
      Note to LG User Support Issues:
      March 28, 2021
      This isn't a question as much as a solution to an issue I encountered with my new LG Smart TV.
      After receiving the unit I was impressed that the remote had a Prime button.  This made access to Prime easy and we used it several times.  Then, all of a sudden, I wasn't able to access Prime.  I tried everything.  I called Amazon thinking the problem could be with them.  No problems on their end.
      I should tell the reader the error I was receiving when I tried to access any on-line app:  "NO INTERNET CONNECTIVITY".  A real puzzlement since the TV showed a strong signal.
      Then I called LG technical support.  The helped me go through the Wireless Connectivity process.  That didn't work.  The long and the short of this information is that I spent most of the day on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday talking with various LG techs.  One tech had me try connecting using the hot spot on my iPhone.  After repeatedly working with the process, I finally connected.  The TV connected to the internet immediately and worked fine.   It also showed the TV was not "at fault".  The consensus with several techs confirmed that internet was internet and should be available.  One tech said it was a problem with the Firewall of my security software.  I contacted them and was advised that software resided on the PC and not on a TV.  Hence not a problem there.
      Finally, the issue was elevated to level 2 at LG.  That tech said:  "Let's check with the router provider to see if something might be blocking the signal."   We accessed a tech at Netgear, and within about five minutes he found the problem.  After accessing the router using the IP address, the first screen he looked at showed the connection to LG******* was BLOCKED.  No one could give me a reason why blocking could occur when that issue was not initially there.  Unblocking that entry solved the problem!
      What is interesting - and frustrating - to me is that out of approximately ten different technicians – Amazon-Prime, LG, technical department from the store where the item was purchased, the internet provider, the security company software, 'friends', relatives, etc., none suggested the ROUTER! 
      SUGGESTION:  CHECK THE ROUTER FIRST FOR CONNECTIVITY ISSUES! 
      I trust this is of help to others that may experience a "Non-Connectivity" issue with their smart TV.

• By mvrvma2
      Hi,
      I bought a LG Smart Tv about 2 years ago. Working fine (TV channels Telenet/Proximus, streaming Netflix, Walt Disney+, etc.  <i took over a 2nd LG Smart TV from my father-in-law (similar TV). I started using the 2nd TV as well.     Strange issue: streaming was OK but WebOS couldn’t find/locate channel stations (region: Flanders part of Belgium).     Whatever parameters I use to search channels (frequency, Flanders region, extensions, etc.) the results were always 0 stations.  I could only look at the streaming parts (Netflix, Walt Disney +, Flemish stations and so on, including lots of standard apps.
      I reinitialized WebOS by using factory default standards but was still impossible to find at least one station of the theoretical 999 available. on Telenet, Proximus frequencies.                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
       Both TV have a Telnet PCMCIA card available replacing partly the Telenet digicorder.  Those cards must not be used when searching for channels.
      I still don't understand why both TVs are behaving so differently at setup and channel search functions. They are using the same Wi-Fi and are still connected to a coaxial cable.  Is it a malfunction, a different setup, some background parameters not cleared?                                                                                                                                                                                    
      Any idea, solution very welcome.
      Kind regards.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Mak
      Hi everyone. I have a LG 49U67V TV. 
      I updated my internet connection to  fiber 100Mbps. My new router  uses both 2.4 & 5.0GHz frequencies. With my mobile phone I check my Internet speed with fast.com and it is 100Mbps. My TV connected also via WiFi in the same network can't reach with fast.com more than 12Mbps. What is the problem? Does my TV not support higher speeds? 
      If I change the router settings to transmit only in the 2.4GHz frequency, would something change? Would I loose speed in other devices such us my laptop and phones? 
      No can't connect via cable to the router. And I'm afraid to pay 50€ or more for a power connection 
      I tried something else. I connected my  tplink WiFi range extender and then via ethernet cable my TV to this range extender. The problem here is that also the range extender can't reach more than 15 Mbps of speed. I tried to conect my phone to the extender and the result was the same the extender did not achieve more than 15Mbps in fast.com. So the extender had also issues achieving the speed of the ne router 

• By td47
      For those who get frequent WiFi connection drop-outs, I picked this bit of useful info from another forum. Note that this may well apply to many other LG models than the C9, as they often use common WiFi internal cards/modules:
      "Network/Ethernet/Wi-Fi
      Problem: C9 [or other models] will lose the wireless connection and you have to reconnect daily (but wired is stable);
      Conditions: TV is connected to a 5GHz router;
      Cause:           (1) the router may be unstable on the 5GHz band [possibly too far from router]; (2) the router has the 5GHz band set on a higher channel - over 100;
      Resolution: (1) change the TV to the 2.4GHz band
                                (2) set the channel [in the ROUTER advanced WiFi settings]!! for the 5GHz band below 100 (ex. 40-50) - [channel 36 is often OK]."
    • By cali086
      Hi, I have an LG WebOS Smart TV that after the last firmware update the Wi-Fi Connection stop working properly. When I try to connect to my network, it will instantly disconnect or it will freeze my TV.
      Model: LG 55UF6450-UA (bought it on November 2015)
      Firmware: 03.16.00
      Also, I don't know if it is relevant but my TV is a US version that now I have it with me in Costa Rica, Central America.
      I've tried everything posted on the internet and forums:
      - Connecting to my cellphones hotspot (worked for about 5 min the first time I try it and then stop working and would work again when I tried to reconnect).
      - Change the DNS to google's DNS. (Once I was able to do it but didn't fix the issue, and also first I need to be able to connect to a network for the TV to enable the option for changing manually to static ip's).
      - Doing factory reset won't fix it.
      - Changing the Country/Region/Time zone won't fix it.
      - Changing to manual time won't fix it.
      - Can't do the downgrade procedure posted on this forum for two reasons: because you need to be able to connect to the wifi or via ethernet and it isn't working, and also I can't find an older versión of my firmware.
      I am pretty sure that I need to downgrade or even just do a fresh installation of the actual the firmware, but I can't find the right way to do it. Maybe with an LG service remote? but again, I need to first get on my hands a working firmware version for my TV right?
      Any recommendations?

• By Salem874
      I have an LG 43UK6300PLB TV, connected via Wifi to my home network.
      Now, this may be an abnormal setup, so i get it may be unique, but i have two main wifi hotspots in my home. One from my BT Smart Hub, but i also have a pair of TP-Link Deco P9's running in Access Point mode to offer wider wifi coverage in a mesh setup.
      I'd obviously prefer for the TV to connect to the P9 Network as the nearest AP is nearer to the TV that he BT one, but when i do the LG Smart App for some reason cannot see the TV, which it should as the Mesh network is running in AP mode (so alongside the BT DHCP).
      Can anyone provide any tips?