Quantcast

LG 49U67V TV internet connection speed issue.

Mak

Question

Hi everyone. I have a LG 49U67V TV. 

I updated my internet connection to  fiber 100Mbps. My new router  uses both 2.4 & 5.0GHz frequencies. With my mobile phone I check my Internet speed with fast.com and it is 100Mbps. My TV connected also via WiFi in the same network can't reach with fast.com more than 12Mbps. What is the problem? Does my TV not support higher speeds? 

If I change the router settings to transmit only in the 2.4GHz frequency, would something change? Would I loose speed in other devices such us my laptop and phones? 

No can't connect via cable to the router. And I'm afraid to pay 50€ or more for a power connection 

I tried something else. I connected my  tplink WiFi range extender and then via ethernet cable my TV to this range extender. The problem here is that also the range extender can't reach more than 15 Mbps of speed. I tried to conect my phone to the extender and the result was the same the extender did not achieve more than 15Mbps in fast.com. So the extender had also issues achieving the speed of the ne router 

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

@mac It sounds more like a router (network) issue rather than a TV issue.

First, can you post your router make and model, and your country and area, and your ISP company. Do you have the ability to log into this router as admin?

Secondly, is this a FTTP (Fibre to the premises), or one of those "HFC" setups (Hybrid Fibre Coaxial)?

By the way, the 5GHz WiFi band is capable of much faster connection speeds than the 2.4 (so don't disable the 5GHz), BUT it will depend on the distance between the TV and the router, AND what channel you are using within that band (as there may be other neighbours all using, say 44, and you might be on that too, causing signal quality issues. Also, avoid using a channel number above 100, as some TV's do not work well with that. The channel numbers are in the WiFi advanced settings for each band. You can try channel 36.

To check signal quality, and other channels interfering/clashing with yours, use your laptop, and download this utility, unzip it in its own folder, and double click on the executable  (your home network SSID's will show up as the strongest ones usually :

link hidden, please login to view

Edited by td47
typo and clarification

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Scott Dent
      No matter how times times I remove the LG Internet (XUMO) channels, a few of them come back every day. After a week, I have to flip through about twenty of the LG Internet channels to get to what I want to watch. I have an 86" UP8770. My wife won't even watch the TV because of how how annoying those LG Internet channels are. I have repeatedly reset the TV. I have left it unplugged all night. I have searched for answers online and spoken to LG on the phone. Nothing helps. I have removed all the LG Internet channels at least 50 times. Every day a few of them come back. I purchased the TV at Costco about 5 months ago. I really wish I could return it. The LG Channels are a deal breaker for me.
    • By John Bizeray
      I recently updated the firmware on my  LG43UH610V.  Now I constantly get "Wired Lan cable disconnected" / "Wired network is connected" messages even while watching a video file from my NAS. The TV is connected and using the network while getting these messages. It has always been on a fixed IP address on the LAN.
    • By Panto650
      Is anyone aware of an update to the lg web browser that will enable me to screen mirror using an iOS device. I do not have that capability at the moment
    • By Gecko64
      Hello, the wifi of my smart TV is broken since the last update.
      The remote control from my phone too when i use an opérational ethernet connection.

Tried : 
      Full setting reset
      Reboot
      Power reset

Observed :
      After the power reset and unplugged during at least 10 min, the WiFi networks was at new listed but impossible to connect, it says WiFi network not found.
      After a new power off, the searching of wifi networks didn't end without result.
      The remote control also lag a lot each 10 seconds and during 3 or 4 seconds.

TV Informations :
      Model : 49SJ800V-ZB
      Devide Name : [LG] webOS TV SJ800V
      Serial Number : 711MAVDM8903
      webOS TV Version : 3.9.0-62709 (dreadlocks2-dudhwa)
      MAC  Wired : 38:8C:50:F3:2B:5D
      MAC Wireless : 7C:1C:4E:A0:E8:C7 
      ESN : LGTV20171=11002626448
      VSN : 5DBF066A
      Widevine : LGTV17CLGE005126094

Question :
      Is there a way to downgrade by putting the firmware on a USB Key with a FAT 32 filesystem on to be sure it could be read by the TV ?

Thank you in advance for your help.

• By Ginger 1969
      I have 3 different lg tv’s and am getting the same problem on all three. I have them linked to echo dots which works great till you ask it to turn off the tv. Once the tv is turned off, the Wi-Fi signal is lost and therefore you can’t ask echo to turn it back on. What you have to do is, turn the tv back on using the remote, then go in to settings and reconnect the Wi-Fi. I have searched the forum to see if others have had this problem and can’t find anything, hence posting this thread.

I have searched the net and watched dozens of vids on utube and tried every suggestion offered, except taking the back off the tv and straightening the cables.

I’ve tried: date and time, changing countries and back + turning off auto location, resetting tv, resetting hub, modem and mesh, turned off quick start, turned off simplink, turned tv off, unplugged tv and maybe a couple more I’ve forgotten, all to no avail. 

Any ideas????
  • Similar Tagged Content