Quantcast

LG 49U67V TV internet connection speed issue.

Question

Hi everyone. I have a LG 49U67V TV. 

I updated my internet connection to  fiber 100Mbps. My new router  uses both 2.4 & 5.0GHz frequencies. With my mobile phone I check my Internet speed with fast.com and it is 100Mbps. My TV connected also via WiFi in the same network can't reach with fast.com more than 12Mbps. What is the problem? Does my TV not support higher speeds? 

If I change the router settings to transmit only in the 2.4GHz frequency, would something change? Would I loose speed in other devices such us my laptop and phones? 

No can't connect via cable to the router. And I'm afraid to pay 50€ or more for a power connection 

I tried something else. I connected my  tplink WiFi range extender and then via ethernet cable my TV to this range extender. The problem here is that also the range extender can't reach more than 15 Mbps of speed. I tried to conect my phone to the extender and the result was the same the extender did not achieve more than 15Mbps in fast.com. So the extender had also issues achieving the speed of the ne router 

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

@mac It sounds more like a router (network) issue rather than a TV issue.

First, can you post your router make and model, and your country and area, and your ISP company. Do you have the ability to log into this router as admin?

Secondly, is this a FTTP (Fibre to the premises), or one of those "HFC" setups (Hybrid Fibre Coaxial)?

By the way, the 5GHz WiFi band is capable of much faster connection speeds than the 2.4 (so don't disable the 5GHz), BUT it will depend on the distance between the TV and the router, AND what channel you are using within that band (as there may be other neighbours all using, say 44, and you might be on that too, causing signal quality issues. Also, avoid using a channel number above 100, as some TV's do not work well with that. The channel numbers are in the WiFi advanced settings for each band. You can try channel 36.

To check signal quality, and other channels interfering/clashing with yours, use your laptop, and download this utility, unzip it in its own folder, and double click on the executable  (your home network SSID's will show up as the strongest ones usually :

link hidden, please login to view

Edited by td47
typo and clarification

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By maxou
      Hello,
      Is it possible to add the driver for external usb 3 gigabit ethernet adapters  in the firmware to support them and get more network bandwith like on the oled TV C9 and CX (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgJUUNCsHao) to give to the product the ability to play 4K hdr mkv remux of high bit rate blurays without stuttering (like gemini man or billy lynn for example streamed from Plex server with giga network) ? If you play the same file on direct attached usb drive, no stuttering at all and it's ultra fast to load and fast forward for example.
      It already supports external usb2 FastEthernet adapters with ASIX AX88772 chipset and work well on both type A and type C ports, I have tested it, but it is also a 100Mbit/s adapter like the integrated one, so same bandwith, and stuttering is always here.
      The driver that need to be added to the firmware is the one for the usb 3 gigabit ethernet adapters with ASIX AX88179 chipset like on oled C9 and CX, but no luck, at least with firmware 3.0.0.8 it is not supported, eihter with type A  ports or with the type C port (I have tested both, RJ45 leds stay OFF, the same with a power usb 3 hub in between, driver not included in the firmware).
      I have also tesed usb3 gigabit ethernet adapter with realtek RT L8153 chipset, wich is seems to be supported on older oled C7 and C8, but it is also not supported (blinking leds this time but no connection, driver not included in the firmware).
      This is very frustrating for a 1800$ product !
    • By John Bizeray
      I recently updated the firmware on my  LG43UH610V.  Now I constantly get "Wired Lan cable disconnected" / "Wired network is connected" messages even while watching a video file from my NAS. The TV is connected and using the network while getting these messages. It has always been on a fixed IP address on the LAN.
    • By lgoledtv
      After updating to the latest web browser with new user interface on LG C9, subtitles on all streaming websites disappears every 2-3mins.
      Video continues to play without subs. The subtitles will re-appear if I move the magic remote but disappears again after 3mins.
      Should be a widespread issue as it's also happening on Youtube.com videos with subs. Un-related but Play/Stop button on magic remote also stop working on the new browser.

• By puma99dk
      Hi,
      I got 2 LG smart TV's running Software Version 06.00.15 and after this update WiFi has stopped working and the WiFi in both TV's will only stay connected when I am in All settings-->Network-->Wi-Fi Connection and the TV's are also feeling really slow in the menu but the moment I plug in a ethernet cable and disable WiFi everything works and the menu is smooth so I believe there is something up with this software version.
      I have a iPhone 12 Pro Max, Laptop and some other devices on WiFi no issues at all.
      The TV in the living room is a LG 49UJ701V the one in my bed room is a LG 55UK6100PLB.
      Anyone got a suggestion I can try? I do not want to reset them because I do not want to calibrate them both again it's a pain.
    • By alebabai
      After updating to the latest web browser with new UI, closed caption subtitles on ALL websites video including Youtube.com disappears every 2-3mins. Video continues to play without subs and subs will re-appear if I move the magic remote but disappears again after 3mins.
      Model - OLED55B8PLA
      WebOS - 4.3.0.9604
      Software version - 05.30.10
      Here is reddit post about this https://www.reddit.com/r/OLED/comments/npud6a/new_updated_web_browser_video_subtitles/
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By td47
      For those who get frequent WiFi connection drop-outs, I picked this bit of useful info from another forum. Note that this may well apply to many other LG models than the C9, as they often use common WiFi internal cards/modules:
      "Network/Ethernet/Wi-Fi
      Problem: C9 [or other models] will lose the wireless connection and you have to reconnect daily (but wired is stable);
      Conditions: TV is connected to a 5GHz router;
      Cause:           (1) the router may be unstable on the 5GHz band [possibly too far from router]; (2) the router has the 5GHz band set on a higher channel - over 100;
      Resolution: (1) change the TV to the 2.4GHz band
                                (2) set the channel [in the ROUTER advanced WiFi settings]!! for the 5GHz band below 100 (ex. 40-50) - [channel 36 is often OK]."
    • By Allan B
      I am in the process of moving my WiFi to a 4G carrier. I was testing the 4G modem and needed to move back to the Broadband modem for a day - I found that the BB password was not kept on the LGWEBOS TV.  Similarly when I moved back to the $G modem I had to re-enter that. This TV is the only device that I have which does not remember passwords
      Is there a way of placing a support ticket for a change to the OS
    • By cali086
      Hi, I have an LG WebOS Smart TV that after the last firmware update the Wi-Fi Connection stop working properly. When I try to connect to my network, it will instantly disconnect or it will freeze my TV.
      Model: LG 55UF6450-UA (bought it on November 2015)
      Firmware: 03.16.00
      Also, I don't know if it is relevant but my TV is a US version that now I have it with me in Costa Rica, Central America.
      I've tried everything posted on the internet and forums:
      - Connecting to my cellphones hotspot (worked for about 5 min the first time I try it and then stop working and would work again when I tried to reconnect).
      - Change the DNS to google's DNS. (Once I was able to do it but didn't fix the issue, and also first I need to be able to connect to a network for the TV to enable the option for changing manually to static ip's).
      - Doing factory reset won't fix it.
      - Changing the Country/Region/Time zone won't fix it.
      - Changing to manual time won't fix it.
      - Can't do the downgrade procedure posted on this forum for two reasons: because you need to be able to connect to the wifi or via ethernet and it isn't working, and also I can't find an older versión of my firmware.
      I am pretty sure that I need to downgrade or even just do a fresh installation of the actual the firmware, but I can't find the right way to do it. Maybe with an LG service remote? but again, I need to first get on my hands a working firmware version for my TV right?
      Any recommendations?

• By Salem874
      I have an LG 43UK6300PLB TV, connected via Wifi to my home network.
      Now, this may be an abnormal setup, so i get it may be unique, but i have two main wifi hotspots in my home. One from my BT Smart Hub, but i also have a pair of TP-Link Deco P9's running in Access Point mode to offer wider wifi coverage in a mesh setup.
      I'd obviously prefer for the TV to connect to the P9 Network as the nearest AP is nearer to the TV that he BT one, but when i do the LG Smart App for some reason cannot see the TV, which it should as the Mesh network is running in AP mode (so alongside the BT DHCP).
      Can anyone provide any tips?