Quantcast

How to run Microsoft Teams browser version on LG Smart TV?

Kirtan Mehta

Question

Hi,  I need help to open Microsoft Teams on my LG Webos TV.. 

I have LG WebOS TV OLED55C8PTA. My software version is 5.10.45. 

When I open Microsoft Teams browser version from the browser on TV, I get the error message that "Hmm. Your browser version isn't supported. Here's what works: Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox."

4 answers to this question

You have a TV 📺. Not a PC. Will never work. The TV Browser supports basic we browsing very well, but not collaboration software that requires additional plugins. It doesn't run Office either. Like I said... It's not a full blown PC. It's a TV. 

On 6/18/2020 at 3:04 PM, eddiez said:

You have a TV 📺. Not a PC. Will never work. The TV Browser supports basic we browsing very well, but not collaboration software that requires additional plugins. It doesn't run Office either. Like I said... It's not a full blown PC. It's a TV. 

The following are some definitions of PC.

• link hidden, please login to view

The definition of personal computer is not as clear as you might think. Many of the systems that people call PC are capable of (and used to) support many users, such as when used as an internet and/or database server. Smartphones, smart TVs and DVRs however would qualify as having a computer for just one person. And the definitions are out-of-date because the processors in most such devices would qualify as supercomputers a couple of decades ago.

To be more relevant to the current topic, Android phones support Microsoft Teams. Smart TV hardware can support cameras. Unless you know of a specific limitation of WebOS that prevents support of Microsoft Teams,  it is just a matter of someone developing the application for WebOS. And now that Microsoft Teams is built into Windows 11 more people are going to want to use it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By RussS
      When using the Fubo app with my magic remote the app goes wildly crazy as I move the remote around. If I do not press the center button to activate the pointer navigation works using left right up down .
    • By Alex
      Automatic Firmware Update
      Press the Home/Smart button on your remote to bring up your launcher bar.
      Click the Settings icon in the top-right.
      Choose the All Settings option at the bottom.
      Choose the General menu from the left.
      Scroll down, near the bottom of the list, and select About this TV.
      From here, make sure Allow automatic updates is checked, and click the Check for updates button.
      If an update is found, follow the steps on screen to download and install it.

• By News Reporter
      Next month, LG CEO William Cho will be in Seattle, Washington, to attend the Microsoft CEO Summit, an event that brings together hundreds of CEOs from leading global companies to discuss topics ranging from the current state of the international business environment and economic and supply chain challenges, to new and developing market trends.
      Artificial Intelligence, the transformational technology that continues to change the way people live and work, is expected to be a major focus at this year’s summit. At CES 2024 in January, CEO Cho redefined AI as ‘Affectionate Intelligence,’ communicating how a more caring, empathetic and authentic AI is essential to bring customer experience to a whole new paradigm.
      “Through our close collaboration with leading global tech companies such as Microsoft, we at LG are striving to revolutionize the customer experience with state-of-the-art AI and to develop innovative business models that will fuel our future growth,” said CEO Cho. He further added, “We are on a mission to transition from a global consumer tech leader to a Smart Life Solution company, leveraging our Affectionate Intelligence to deliver unique experiences for our customers.”
      # # #

link hidden, please login to view
    • By dolbnya
      I have a mediaplayer connected to my TV OLED55C6V through HDMI. For every video playback the player tries to select an output HDMI signal format automatically depending on both video framerate/resolution and framerate/resolution supported by the connected TV to show the video as close to original as possible with the TV without any scaling. And here I have a problem: the maximum resolution the player selects is 1080p despite of the videofile has resolution 4k and the TV supports playback of the input signal up to 4K60p. I can change the output signal resolution on the player manually after blayback starting and it works, but it's not convenient. As far as I know the only way of getting information about videosignal format supported by TV for the player is EDID on HDMI channel. So is it possible to fix the issue? Maybe some hidden setting in TV could change the version of EDID?
    • By nkat
      Hello Team,
      I'm unable to play any video  any video on LG TV WebOS browswer. 
      I've tried to play
      link hidden, please login to viewm also, but no luck. I've toggled (on and off) the 'Adpative Javascript video stream' settings in browser but no luck.
      Can any one help on this .?
  • Similar Tagged Content