Quantcast

How to run Microsoft Teams browser version on LG Smart TV?

Kirtan Mehta

Question

Hi,  I need help to open Microsoft Teams on my LG Webos TV.. 

I have LG WebOS TV OLED55C8PTA. My software version is 5.10.45. 

When I open Microsoft Teams browser version from the browser on TV, I get the error message that "Hmm. Your browser version isn't supported. Here's what works: Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox."

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

On 6/18/2020 at 3:04 PM, eddiez said:

You have a TV 📺. Not a PC. Will never work. The TV Browser supports basic we browsing very well, but not collaboration software that requires additional plugins. It doesn't run Office either. Like I said... It's not a full blown PC. It's a TV. 

The following are some definitions of PC.

• link hidden, please login to view

The definition of personal computer is not as clear as you might think. Many of the systems that people call PC are capable of (and used to) support many users, such as when used as an internet and/or database server. Smartphones, smart TVs and DVRs however would qualify as having a computer for just one person. And the definitions are out-of-date because the processors in most such devices would qualify as supercomputers a couple of decades ago.

To be more relevant to the current topic, Android phones support Microsoft Teams. Smart TV hardware can support cameras. Unless you know of a specific limitation of WebOS that prevents support of Microsoft Teams,  it is just a matter of someone developing the application for WebOS. And now that Microsoft Teams is built into Windows 11 more people are going to want to use it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By majorusa
      Please post here firmware number for your WebOS set including your country or the country where you downloaded the firmware and the model of your tv set:
      - 3.23.24 - Romania- 47LB730v
      - 3.23.34 - Romania -47LB730v - 21.08.2014 by USB
      - 4.30.09 - Romania - 47LB730v - 29.08.2014 - OTA
    • By Guy Madison
      Where do I go about reporting issues with webOS? I contacted tech support but their best answer was unplug the TV and plug it back in, well that's not a real fix.
      I worked on Mac OS X for 15 years in the kernel and client layers and I have found a number of issues with webOS along with reproducible restart conditions. Ideally I would like to make it a better OS as it affects me directly as a user... and I tend to own products for a long time.

• By RobLGSucks
      Hi,
      I have an LG OLED55B7A that has been rebooting randomly ever since I updated it to webOS 6.00.05 about 6 months ago.  I have noted there is a new webOS version 6.00.20 available.   Has anyone here had the same rebooting problem, and if so, did the latest webOS correct the issue?
      In general, my setup has the LG tv doing as little as possible - it is simply a display for my Roku box via my AVR, as the TV's interface and apps slowly became completely unusable about a year after purchase.  So, no ethernet, no WiFi, all services turned off, etc., and this helped with all of the performance issues, except the rebooting. 

@ LG :  if you ever read this - you have done a TERRIBLE job of managing the software on these TVs.  webOS started off as a real alternative to all of the external set top boxes, but now, I will *never* *ever* buy another LG TV again, and I tell everyone I know to avoid them.  Worst product management in the consumer electronics industry in the past 10 years.
      Thanks fellow sufferers for any tips.
      Rob
    • By ken 43
      I have an LG UJ6200 that has worked fine for several yrs.  and last night I decided to update it from 5.8.03,    I believe to the latest version,   6.04,     I think.
      Every thing is working except for one website that is my favorite.     Prviously I was able to play all streaming video content but now when I try to play a video on the site I get a message:     content cannnot be played
      error code 232011.
      Very frustrating as this is one of the reasons I got the tv in the first place.
      Don't know why this is happening and dont' see a way to go back to the previous update.      
      Would doing a factory reset bring me back to the original operating system setting or just keep the newest update in place?
      Also,   I notice a lot of new user agreements that I probably didn't pay attention to before and didn't agree to.     Is it possible that my not checking the boxes to agree to all the agreements,  that seem pretty invasive to me,  
      is preventing some content from playing?
      This hasn't affected Netflix,  or regular you tube videos,  by the way,  so not sure if my not agreeing to all the user terms is the issue.
      Any help is appreciated.
      Thank you.
    • By Kanu Tomer
      Hotstar is not available for the lower versions of the tv and there are no updates applied by lg to the firmware.
      My tv is a 2016 model
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Food Network
      I have lg smart tv model lh55959v suddenly its stuck on lg logo no reboot nothing except stuck on logo 
      If it a firmware problem how to solve it !!
    • By Alex
      Open topic for discussion as we learn more with the announcement yesterday of LG Ads River OS tv operating system and how it differentiates with webOS. Is webOS being replaced?  🤨

VS

• By monish009
      We have signage projects, all over GCC. 
      We are facing issue with Webos tv especially on model 49sm5ke-bj. It is losing connectivity overnight, the displays are left switched on at stores. But on the next day it wouldn't be connected to the Internet and hence the contents are getting corrupted. Always we need to restart the display again or exit and start the app again. 
    • By Esteban Díaz
      After recent update my browser changed, now, it looks better and fluid but control play and pause buttons don't work in browser video player anymore.
      Is there a way to fix it? Maybe a downgrade?
      It is really annoying can not play and pause the videos