Quantcast

• Own an LG TV or webOS device? Join our Forum!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Kirtan Mehta

How to run Microsoft Teams browser version on LG Smart TV?

Question

Hi,  I need help to open Microsoft Teams on my LG Webos TV.. 

I have LG WebOS TV OLED55C8PTA. My software version is 5.10.45. 

When I open Microsoft Teams browser version from the browser on TV, I get the error message that "Hmm. Your browser version isn't supported. Here's what works: Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox."

3 answers to this question

You have a TV 📺. Not a PC. Will never work. The TV Browser supports basic we browsing very well, but not collaboration software that requires additional plugins. It doesn't run Office either. Like I said... It's not a full blown PC. It's a TV. 

As others have mentioned, the LG WebOS TV browser is basic. Just buy a cheap Android TV box and attach to your TV. Run Teams and others apps easily. Problem resolved.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Apulat
      Merhaba arkadaşlar,
      55LB670V-ZA smart Tv mevcut, Tv açılışta LG logosu bekleme bekleme süresi uzadı. Bazen takılı da kalıyor, TV'yi kapatıp açınca düzeliyor. Bazı formlarda Yazılım güncellemesi yapılması gerekli olduğu belirtilmiş, LG nin kendi işletim ve TV de olan son yazılımı 05.05.70 mevcut webOS 1.4.0-2532 (afro-ashley) mevcut. Yeni firmware ve webOS sürüm nereden bulabilir ve yükleyebilirim. Yardımcı olursanız çok sevinirim.
      Teşekkürler
      Türkiye / İstanbul
      ------------------------------
      Hello friends,
      55LB670V-ZA smart TV is available, the waiting time on the LG logo screen at the TV startup has been extended. Sometimes it gets stuck, it gets better when the TV is turned off and on. In some forms, it has been stated that it is necessary to update the software, LG's own page and the latest software 05.05.70 available on the TV is webOS 1.4.0-2532 (afro-ashley). Where can I find and install the new firmware and webOS version. I would be glad if you help.
      Thank you
      Turkey, Istanbul

• By CJW
      Had a bit of problem with ALL4 catchup app not loading or buffering when it does load but the last couple of days or so it won't load at all and I get the message:
      Well this is embarrassing.
      Somthing's not working, please try again in a few minutes.
      ALL4-T006
      All the other catchup apps work fine. I think the problem is probably with channel 4 as it buffers a bit on my laptop too through the web browser but wondering if anyone else has had the problem and managed to resolve it.
      Thanks

• By Rick Hantz
      Pretty much unusable.
      Very slow - scrolling is terrible. 
      Compatibility with various Web sites is poor.
      Luckily I have an old Windows 7 computer connected.
      Why even have a browser that's so bad?
    • By pg0909 pg0909
      I have an LG Smart tv  and try to stream movies using
      link hidden, please login to view but the browser blocks the streaming Even though I deselect the Live plus which filters the content.

• By majorusa
      Please post here firmware number for your WebOS set including your country or the country where you downloaded the firmware and the model of your tv set:
      - 3.23.24 - Romania- 47LB730v
      - 3.23.34 - Romania -47LB730v - 21.08.2014 by USB
      - 4.30.09 - Romania - 47LB730v - 29.08.2014 - OTA
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Rick Hantz
      Pretty much unusable.
      Very slow - scrolling is terrible. 
      Compatibility with various Web sites is poor.
      Luckily I have an old Windows 7 computer connected.
      Why even have a browser that's so bad?
    • By Alex
      LG's webOS 6.0 smart TVs have a new UI, NFC-equipped remote
      The new smart TV software from LG also has more voice commands for use with Alexa or Google Assistant

Seven years after introducing webOS as the platform for its Smart TV lineup, LG is introducing version 6.0 with a new look and feel for its 2021 4K and 8K TVs. The old blade lineup of apps is gone, with a more modern tile-based layout. LG Home Entertainment president Park Hyoung-sei calls this “the most significant update since we first introduced webOS in 2014.”

An upgraded version of its ThinQ AI has more voice command control than ever whether you’re using Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa. For traditional control, this year’s edition of its Magic Remote is a bit more standard than some of the previous versions, but also includes NFC for the first time, which allows users to share content from phone to TV (and back) simply by tapping it.
      The new software includes Magic Explorer, which can pull up related content about actors, locations and items of interest for “select broadcast channels, while Next Picks analyzes viewing preferences to suggest things you might like. There’s no word on opt-in or opt-out preferences for these settings, but we’ll ask about them as the show progresses next week. It’s also unclear whether the updates will extend to older TVs in LG’s lineup, one way or another, the old HP software platform is still rolling on, powering new OLEDs and LCDs for another year.
      News source: 
      link hidden, please login to view
    • By michaelbr
      How can I update firmware of this TV? I can't find firmware update anywhere!
    • By michaelbr
      Is it possible to install/add different browser in webOS? The default browser that came with TV has some issues (playing videos in Youtube, in full screen mode, just kept refreshing, in other modes plays find, other online streaming seems not working as well). In PC those sites worked just fine, without any problem.