you can buy a Tendak ARC Audio Extractor on Amazon

this will allow you to send all audio from your tv to your

Sonos connect via hdmi arc from tv to your red white 

phono plugs on your hifi, this will also allow you to adjust

your sound via  your tv remote.

Also remember to use a newer hdmi cable

Thanks Thomas like this ?

link hidden, please login to view

So using this how many devices do you manage to get the sound coming from through your Hi- Fi  and do you have to change any of the tv settings when using it ?

Thanks

Barry

Thanks for the info Thomas seems I can't currently  get that one from amazon.com  as I am in the uk  however I  can get delivery  straight from 

link hidden, please login to view
  but I am not sure if they have the right one,  what is the Difference between the 2 please ?

Thanks

Hi Barry

The most important difference for you is

the first link has no audio left right red white

output plugs which would not work for you,

if you see the last link i sent you it has red white

audio out plugs.

I have the right tendak unit here which i dont use

any more as i have just got a new Sonos amp, i could

send you the right Tendak unit but i live in Denmark.

If you want you can send me your phone number i

can ring we can talk about it my email is [email protected]

this is not a rip off just trying to help.

Thomas

Hi Barry

Yes this one looks good and should work,

just remember the hdmi cable must be arc

complient that means hdmi cable over version 1,4

are arc complient arc means audio return complient

this is because i learnt the hard way useing old hdmi

cables not returning sound.

I am a retired technical manager at a big FM radio

station here in DK a bit bored in these corona times

good luck let me know how it goes with the hdmi converter

I have used mine the last three years worked well, but

have just got a new Sonos amp very much recomended.

regards Thomas

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Aventiled
      Hey
      I have an OLED C3 evo
      A Pioneer amplifier is connected to the optical output.

I want to connect Bluetooth headphones and use them at the same time as the amplifier.
      The thing is, I haven't seen such an option on TV. It is possible to play simultaneously with the Bluetooth headphones and the internal speakers on the TV.
      There is no option for Bluetooth and the optical port at the same time.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks
      Dani
    • By News Reporter
      LG is rooted in the philosophy of open innovation – an open approach to innovation and facilitating collaboration to create a better life for all. These collaborative partnerships involve LG affiliate companies and extend to government, universities and research labs, with the goal to establish an open ecosystem of innovation that will benefit and empower all involved.
      Recently, the LG Toronto AI Lab welcomed 30 graduate students from various universities in South Korea to the
      link hidden, please login to view (CARTE) at the University of Toronto. The event – initiated and organized by the Toronto AI Lab in collaboration with CARTE – brought these talented students together to explore applied research partnerships in Canada and introduce them to career opportunities at LG. Sponsored by the South Korean government and managed through the University of Toronto’s Faculty of Applied Science & Engineering, the 6-month CARTE program accommodates students from a wide range of disciplines, including technology, engineering, and the natural and mathematical sciences and aims to inspire students to leverage AI innovatively in their respective fields.
      The selection for this program was competitive, drawing participants from among South Korea’s brightest. These selected students will engage in 10 industry projects, including three spearheaded by the LG Toronto AI Lab.

Kevin Ferreira, Senior Director and Head of the LG Toronto AI Lab, shared, “Our collaboration with the University of Toronto and the South Korean government on the CARTE program aims to enhance our research capabilities and strengthen our talent pool. This event enabled us to present the extensive work undertaken at the LG Toronto AI Lab to an exceptional group of Korean students, laying the groundwork for deeper research collaboration.”
      Showcasing some of the Toronto AI Lab’s recent work, Manasa Bharadwaj, Senior AI Research Scientist, presented on behalf of the LG Toronto AI Lab’s Conversational AI team and their research into Responsible Conversational AI. The talk covered the motivation, technical details and results of the team’s 2023 published research titled ‘COUNT’ and ‘GPT-Detox’. The two paraphrasing approaches leverage unlikelihood training and prompt-based approaches respectively to convert unsafe text into safe text.

Mathieu Tuli, AI Research Scientist, presented on the work that the LG Toronto AI Lab Digital Human team conducts, highlighting FlowFace, the team’s recent CVPR) 2024 accepted paper. The talk provided detail on why FlowFace is an important innovation for the community at large, and how it affects the rest of the Digital Human pipeline.
      Thi Ha Kyaw, Staff AI Research Scientist, presented an introduction to quantum computing and quantum algorithms in general, and why quantum is worth pursuing in the current quantum utility era. He also presented his team’s recent result on super-exponential catastrophe of quantum algorithms in noisy quantum hardware.
      During their time in the program, students will participate in graduate-level intensive courses in Machine Learning and AI, delivered by the University of Toronto’s Department of Mechanical & Industrial Engineering. They will also benefit from tailored AI support services provided by CARTE, including research and training in AI for academic and industry partners.

Furthermore, students will have the opportunity to attend several applied AI seminars at the University of Toronto and engage with AI and machine learning projects across various sectors, including industry, government, and non-profits. A dedicated workspace will also be available to them, fostering collaboration and allowing them to apply their knowledge and skills within Toronto’s thriving AI ecosystem.
      The program will conclude in late June, where selected students will present their projects to industry partners, showcasing their achievements and the potential for future innovations in AI.
      Contributed by LG Canada
      # # #

• By DavidSr
      We have two LG TV's that stopped connecting to our PLEX media server after the last update. TImes out saying "Checking connection speed to Raspberrypi" which the PLEX is on
      Upgraded the Mesh Routers before trying anything, still only the PLEX app doesn't work
      Our other TCL TV and Roku and TIVO still work with Plex, so this is only the LG TV's that can't connect anymore.
      Another annoying error after the last update is that any Streaming app (Amazon, Netflix, and DIsney) now fall out of the app and go back to HDMI port 1 if we pause for 30 seconds.  Which we have always done for a Bathroom break or getting drinks.
    • By williemyers
      hi all,
      for a couple of years now, I've enjoyed AirPlay between my mid-2012 MacBook Pro and my LG Smart TV. But last week, I had to do a Migriation Asst./Time Machine re-install of the system drive on my MacBook Pro/Mojave. Result is that I can no longer get a connection with my LG TV. Two things:
      When attempting to AirPlay connect, I now get a Mac window asking for a PIN code. Then , the LG goes black and gives me a 4-digit AirPlay code, I enter it in to the Mac, but it reports, "could not connect to LG TV" etc. 2. I've put an AirPlay icon in the menu bar, but when I click on it, I see a greyed-out "AirPlay:" that constantly switches back and forth between "AirPlay: Looking for TV..." and "AirPlay: Off"
      All help/thoughts appreciated!
    • By Low Grade
      i just started using a new LG 43UR7550 (cheapest model from them).......1st time using a LG as well as a Smart TV too.......and so far having a hard time adjusting the picture and sound (never had such problems with previous TVs)😒

1) sound is worse than i thought since the speakers are down-firing (my previous TV had front-firing speakers)...........it has the AI Sound Tuning - so after it had tuned the sound - do i set the Sound Mode to ''AI'' or should i use ''Custom Settings'' to use the equalizer ??😬

2) the TV has many different settings like Noise Reduction, TruMotion, etc.......so how to calibrate for best picture since i read that people say it's best to turn them all off ?😬

3) i can turn off the screen when watching free-to-air broadcast channels.........but can i turn off the screen if i'm using Youtube app on the TV..........?..........what if i use a HDMI cable from my PC to the TV - can i turn off the screen ?🤒

many thanks in advance😃
  • Similar Tagged Content