Quantcast

Homekit not working, Airplay 2 only partly

Question

68px4z1u0zu0.jpegHi,

From the Netherlands. I have a OLED 55C9. Airplay 2 works partly. But Homekit doesn't at all!. When scanning the QR code generated by the TV, the TV says it has been configured with Homekit. However, my Homekit app says that adding the LG OLED has failed. The tv is connected by ethernet and WiFi, the iPhone on the same wifi....With other iPhone no result either.

Some Airplay features work, others not:

MacBook Pro:  ScreenMirror works, playing films from iTunes works, playing films directly from QuickTime and selecting Airplay to LG TV DOESN'T work.

iPhone: Airplay works with all features.

Anyone know a solution???

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

18 answers to this question

update. I tried to use homekit again (there were LG firmware update and Apple iOS updates). At first I couldn't get it to work. My mistake, the LG was still partly connected to HomeKit. After severing that connection I was able to connect to Homekit AND use the connection Magic Remote + Settop Box. To the problem is fixed!!!!

7 minutes ago, tvguy said:

@robertapple1 That's awesome! So you can turn the set off via the home app now? I may disconnect and reconnect it after work today.

Yes, I can turn it on and off using the app. And use "scenes" (e.g. turn off tv when I leave the house). Also, I can open the  "settings" menu of the TV, but cannot navigate these settings using the app. Furthermore I can select my settop box, Airplay or Live TV (not in use, I don't have cable). I cannot use the home app to further control the TV, it doesn't work as a universal remote. So basically, ATM, it is a fancy ON/OFF switch, nothing more, and thus a bit disappointing.

3 minutes ago, tvguy said:

@robertapple1 Robert, do you know your firmware version? I still have the bluetooth interference thing between the magic remote and Homekit. I am on 04.70.12. Thanks for the help.

@tvguyfirmware 4.70.5; for the LG of course😁. So newer. I was even able to connect the LG OLED to Homekit with the connection MagicRemote-Settopbox INTACT!

But beware: I am in the Netherlands, and I see that u are in the USA. So maybe different firmware updates apply

19 minutes ago, tvguy said:

@robertapple1  I'll just have to be a bit patient then. Thanks!

correction! FW 04.70.05. I checked the Dutch LG website. 

3. Release History  
[03.50.29]  
1. To improve WISA audio output issue.  

[03.50.31]  
1. Picture Quality Update.  

[03.50.34]  
1. To improve HDR game mode issue.  
2. To improve French translation.  

[03.60.04]  
1. Amazon Alexa service ready. Need to download "Amazon Alexa" app from LG Contents Store. (USA, Canada, Mexico, France, Germany, Spain, United Kingdom, Austria, Ireland, Italy, Australia, India, New Zealand, Japan) (This Service will be available soon)  
2. Improving Youtube voice service  
3. Adding sound bar to Home dashboard  
4. Fixed minor bugs.  

[03.60.05]  
1. Picture Quality Update.  

[03.60.06]  
1. fix that the contents is not played in App like Rakuten.  

[03.60.19]  
1. Apple AirPlay 2 & HomeKit service  

[04.70.05]  
1. 19Y B&O TV(V300) SW development  
2. TV Voice assistant using mobile LG TV plus App  
3. Adding Voice assistant feature in Netflix  
4. Enhancement to Amazon Alexa service  
5. Enhancement to Home Dashboard

So no version 04.70.12 here in NL. Are firmware versions in US different?  With version 03.60.19 I was not able to use homeKit

@robertapple1 Interesting. So i was at 04.70.05 before. What type of cable box do you have?  Mine is manufactured by Humax.

I am still getting the bluetooth interference issue you described. If I turn off the Magic Remote functionality to the cable box, everything works perfectly.

I will do some more testing later. Thanks again.

9 hours ago, tvguy said:

@robertapple1 Interesting. So i was at 04.70.05 before. What type of cable box do you have?  Mine is manufactured by Humax.

I am still getting the bluetooth interference issue you described. If I turn off the Magic Remote functionality to the cable box, everything works perfectly.

I will do some more testing later. Thanks again.

I have an Entone cable box.

52 minutes ago, tvguy said:

@robertapple1 I'm in business! The fix was re-mapping the magic remote to the cable box using Humax, the cable box manufacturer and not Spectrum.

Good to hear ! Funny, some sort of remapping happened to me as well, albeit automatically. My settop box was first "recognised" by the TV as "Ballard Rural Telephone" (an unknown to me, USA-based company), and HomeKit didn't work. Now, the last time, it was "recognised" by the TV as "Entone", the manufacturer !!!. Weird coincidence. Well, glad to help someone from Kansas!

13 hours ago, tvguy said:

@robertapple1 Ha! Dorothy lives right down the street from me actually ( ; I see you are Netherlands? Quick question, out of curiosity does your cable channel information load under the LG guide menu?

if you mean the menu that appears when you press the "guide"button on the remote, the answer is no. I have a fibre glass connection; from the modem an ethernet cable goes to my settop box. There is no DVB-C (eg cable connection) signal, so no guide.

Or do you mean something else?

A conversation with Apple helped me realise the problem. The Apple guy asked: is bluetooth (BT) on? Of course it was, but then it hit me: Airplay control works with BT. And therein lies the problem.

When I bought the TV it automatically recognised my settop-box/decoder (Ballard Rural Telephone Cooperation is how it is called on my TV; it is provided by T-Mobile Netherlands). This set-up makes it possible to use the LG Magic Remote as a universal RC to control my settop box. This feature uses BT.......

After disconnecting the LG Magic Remote from the settop box, the Homekit app on my iPhone recognised my LG TV and added it as an accessory. Succes at last. BUT, after setting up my LG Magic Remote again to control my settop box, the Homekit app didn't get a respons from the LG TV anymore.

My conclusion is, that there is a Bluetooth protocol interference at play here, that I as a user cannot fix. My opinion is that LG needs to contact Apple to streamline each others usage of BT protocols, and come up with a firmware update.

At the moment I choose in favour of using my settop box with the LG Magic Remote, as the functionality of the HomeKit controls of the TV is limited, but I would love to be able to use both.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Russell Acton
      Anyone having issues with Homekit showing 'updating' message after TV have been turned off? (OLED65BX6LB purchased Feb2021)
      Can turn off via Homekit...can change inputs. Can use ThinQ to turn off.
      Have tried to disable all Eco modes, turn on "Turn on with Wireless" but to no avail.
      Anyone found a solution? 
    • By Janusz Łaski
      I was trying to connect My LG TV as a wireless display, just as on this video:
      Unfortunately it works only first time until disconnecting. To reconnect I need to restart TV, sometimes a few times. Sometimes TV is not detectable at all. How it works for you?

• By Jenyk
      I would like to watch Formula 1 TV Pro on LG OLED55C9PLA, webOS 05.00.10.  No big success yet. The built-in browser does not support the full format, casting of the F1 TV app from Android mobile is unreliable and/or of lower quality. How do you watch F1 TV Pro on LG OLED TV?
    • By Edgardo Romero
      When I'm using the Youtube app it drops me out and the TV restarts and show the following error code: -201 "Server Certificate has expired or is not yet valid as the set time on TV is different from the current time, Please check time settings", do you you how to fix this error?
    • By News Reporter
      Delivering Outstanding Viewing Experiences, LG’s Expanded Range
      Includes New QNED Mini LED TVs and Upgraded NanoCell TVs

SEOUL, Feb. 16, 2021 — LG Electronics (LG) announces the global rollout of its 2021 TVs with products that give consumers more choice than ever before with an expanded lineup that features new OLED, QNED Mini LED and NanoCell TVs. Guaranteed to deliver an exceptional home entertainment experience, the comprehensive collection offers a wider range of screen sizes from the most compact 43 inches to a new-to-market 83 inches and a mesmerizing 88 inches so there’s a perfect LG TV for any size room or user needs.
      LG’s 2021 OLED TVs (series Z1, G1, C1, B1, A1) boast self-lit panels that produce ultra-sharp, ultra-realistic picture quality and smooth, natural motion, as well as strikingly slim designs that complement any décor. All models in the G1 series feature the new OLED evo technology, the next step in the evolution of OLED TVs that delivers better luminosity for higher brightness and punchy images with amazing clarity, detail and realism. The C1 series, LG’s most popular OLED TV range, offers the most screen size options to accommodate diverse user needs and spaces, starting with the space-friendly 48-inch all the way up to the expansive 83-inch. For customers looking for more a more price-competitive entry into the world of OLED, LG B1 and A1 series may be exactly what they’re looking for.
      An exciting addition for 2021, QNED Mini LED TVs take LCD TV picture quality to the next level. Available in an array of 8K (models QNED99, QNED95) and 4K (models QNED90, QNED85) and 4K options, these models employ LG’s Quantum Dot NanoCell technology and Mini LED backlighting to achieve deeper blacks, more vibrant, accurate colors and greater contrast than conventional LCD televisions.
      LG QNED Mini LED TV sets a new standard for the LCD TV category, enabling users to enjoy excellent HDR image quality and a far more immersive viewing experience, thanks to the combined power of the new NanoCell Plus technology and quantum dot to deliver improved red and green while the blue wavelength is emitted from the LED.
      Of the entire LG 2021 TV lineup, the new NanoCell 8K and 4K TV offerings provide the greatest number of options with a large selection of 8K (models NANO99, NANO 95) and 4K range (models NANO90, NANO85, NANO80, NANO77, NANO75) units to choose from. All models feature LG NanoCell display technology, employing nanoparticles to filter out color impurities, resulting in lifelike images that draw the viewer deeper into their favorite movies, sports and shows.
      Beyond superb picture quality, all of LG’s premium 2021 TVs offer an immersive home entertainment experience through compatibility with the latest standards and content formats, and brand-new features and functions that add differentiated value. With support for Dolby Vision IQ, Dolby Atmos®, HDR10 PRO and Filmmaker Mode, this year’s TVs make the latest movies, TV series and documentaries come to life through picture and sound of the highest quality.
      What’s more, the international product testing agency Intertek has certified LG OLED TVs as having 100 percent color fidelity, which takes viewer immersion to a new level.1 And for viewers’ ultimate comfort, LG OLED TVs are also easy on the eyes, thanks to the low blue light certification from TÜV Rheinland and flicker-free certification from Underwriters Laboratories.
      Improving on the premium gaming experience LG TVs have become known for, the new Game Optimizer automatically applies the best picture settings according to the type of game the user is playing: first-person shooter, role-playing or real-time strategy. And sports fans will find it easier than ever to keep up with their favorite leagues and teams on LG TV with Sports Alert, while OLED Motion Pro displays every exhilarating moment and key play in incredible clarity. With Bluetooth Surround Ready, LG TVs can wirelessly connect to multiple Bluetooth speakers to deliver powerful, nuanced audio that faithfully recreates every sound on the field to recreate the feeling of being at the stadium.
      Every model in the 2021 LG TV lineup supports the advanced HDMI 2.1 feature, enhanced audio return channel (eARC), which simplifies the process of connecting the TV to a sound system while also optimizing the audio. Also supported is automatic low latency mode (ALLM), which delivers seamless gaming and lag-free viewing. Select LG TV models support a variety of other HDMI 2.1 features as well.
      Featured in the majority of this year’s TVs is LG’s latest intelligent processor, α (Alpha) 9 Gen 4 AI.2 Integrating improved deep learning, the upgraded processor boosts upscaling performance to make content of any quality look sharp and detailed on the new TVs’ high-resolution screens. The α9 Gen 4 further optimizes visual output, making precise adjustments in accordance with the amount of light in each scene, the genre of content playing and ambient conditions in the viewing environment.
      Picture quality is further improved with LG AI Picture Pro which recognizes the objects onscreen and processes them independently to bring three-dimensionality and depth to every scene. Additionally, AI Sound Pro up-mixes two-channel audio to virtual 5.1.2 surround while Auto Volume Leveling ensures a consistent volume when switching between channels or streaming apps.
      The user experience offered by LG’s newest TVs is now more convenient than ever thanks to webOS 6.0, the latest version of the company’s intuitive smart TV platform. Revamped and refined for 2021, the new webOS user interface provides faster access to apps as well as simpler content discovery with finely-tuned personalized recommendations. And a redesigned Magic Remote has dedicated hot keys for popular content providers, allowing users to jump to their favorite services with just a quick push of a button.
      Select TV series, models and sizes will begin rolling out to participating retailers in the first quarter continuing throughout the year with specific dates and lineups announced locally.
      # # #
      1 Third-party testing conducted by Intertek reported color fidelity of the display to be 100 percent, based on CIE dE 2000 color difference metric calculated for 125 color patches distributed across the entire color volume. Color difference (Delta-E) value was less than 2 for each of the 125 color patches.
      2 Processor featured in the following LG TV series: OLED Z1, OLED G1, OLED C1, QNED Mini LED QNED99, QNED Mini LED QNED95, NanoCell Nano99, NanoCell Nano95 series.

link hidden, please login to view
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Alex
      link hidden, please login to view
      Some examples:

• By powder
      Hello friends,
      I have setup a home network in Windows 10, I think it uses DLNA. I can play all the files from the computer or the USB stick in the router with no issue but the external subtitles (correctly named) are not working in my 65C9, only internal ones. 
      If I access the same files in the network from a computer, there is no problem and subtitles are shown, it's only the TV not displaying them.
      Can someone help in how to make external subs work when played from a local network or what to check?

Thanks

• By Adam Slíva
      Hi,
      I have recently bought new OLED55BX. But as soon as I've added channels through satelite tuner I cannot change order of them. I think I'm in right section, because the legend of buttons in the right bottom corner says "change number of channel", "move channel" and so on. But when I press any of these, error pops up saying "cannot change channels from 1 to 778" (probably all of I have found at tuning). If anyone knows how to repair this please help.
      Thanks and Merry Christmas.
    • By frank_1985
      Hi everyone,
      I'm interested in the OLED BX. I would like to know if it is compatible with a 5TB HDD (to be connected and fed through one of the TV USB port).
      LG manuals recommend to connect up to 2TB storage HDDs but don't really state that higher capacity devices are not expected to work.
      Then, I'm not sure how are things with DTS support. It seems that DTS decoding is no longer supported on the 2020 tv sets. But LG web page (updated 08/22/2020) titled "Support Video Playback File Type & Codec" still claims that "TV supports DTS audio codec when USB/HDMI video file playback offers it".
      Can any of you shed some light on these ones?
      Thank you so much.