Quantcast

LG TV volume control using Apple TV 4K with HDMI CEC

I wish I could control the volume of my LG TV 65NANO96SNA (webOS 4.50.71) using Apple TV 4K 3rd Generation (tvOS 17.3) with HDMI CEC (Belkin AV10176bt2M-BLK cable). The Apple TV has it on Settings, however, the TV does not respond to it. Turn on/off works. Volume control only works with IR. Could we prepare an update to support and fix it?

IMG_1839.jpeg

IMG_1838.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/4/2024 at 11:55 AM, Danilo Peixoto Ferreira said:

I wish I could control the volume of my LG TV 65NANO96SNA (webOS 4.50.71) using Apple TV 4K 3rd Generation (tvOS 17.3) with HDMI CEC (Belkin AV10176bt2M-BLK cable). The Apple TV has it on Settings, however, the TV does not respond to it. Turn on/off works. Volume control only works with IR. Could we prepare an update to support and fix it?

IMG_1839.jpeg

IMG_1838.jpeg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By OliverRC
      Up until a few days ago my TV and AVR have been working perfectly since I bought it.
      Zero hassles with HDMI and connectivity.
      Then I was prompted to update to the latest software version which I did and now often when I switch HDMI (running on 1) it picks up the device name, CEC works but I get “No Signal”… and then nothing.
      Just stays on “No Signal”. It is almost as if some HDMI handshake breaks and now the driver is in a broken state.
      I’ve found that if I hard power off and power on the device sometimes works but I don’t want to do that every time especially since it’s hard to get to the power.
      This really strikes me as a software issue with the latest update as absolutely nothing else has changed in my setup.
      I’ve tried:
      Different HDMI cables (high quality) Deep colour settings Reset the TV to factory default Different HDMI ports TV
      Model: OLED65G26LA / OLED65G26LA.HFBQLWK WebOS TV Version: 8.3.0.2301 Software Version: 13.30.56 AVR & Devices
      Marantz SR5015 Nvidia Shield Pro PS5
        The setup is the conventional AVR installation as shown in the attached file

Has anyone else experienced this? 
      Is it possible to revert the software update?
    • By Splash
      On power switches selected hdmi
    • By Smartboy
      Hi all, I am trying to find a solution to the native but complex "magic" remote control from LG. For elder or young people, this magic remote control with the OLED C3 TV is too complex or too busy (using a lot of unused keys. The new model for remote control is now either the Apple TV RC, the Android TV RC or the Google TV remote control. All these RC are small, easy to use with only 10 to 15 keys instead of the 40 to 50 keys. I saw that. in the past LG introduced smaller remote control (see below the first image LG AN-MR500) but I am not sure it is supported with the LG OLED C3. I also saw that the latest projector CineBeam Q comes with a small new RC (see bellow). This new white RC has only the necessary keys (max 10) and seems to be fine ! Also, the new C4 is coming seoon and I suppose it will include a new Remote Control but we don't know yet what it is ... Do you have an idea to solve my issue ? 

• By Citron2010
      Hi,  I have an LG 43UN71006LB with OS v4.50.53 (latest)

I want to buy a TV for my mother who has dementia & poor eyesight.

She needs to be able to control the TV with Alexa - i.e. voice only without having to hold a button on a remote down.
      I thought I'd test this on my TV and it works very well.  I've even set "routines" on Alexa so that saying "Alexa, BBC 1" is a shortcut for "Alex, change the channel on LGTV to 101" etc.

But - it doesn't work for radio channels (channel 704 is BBC Radio 4):
      "Alexa, change channel on LGTV to 101" - works perfectly (101 = BBC 1 - a TV channel)
      "Alexa, change channel on LGTV to 705" - "that command doesn't work on device LGTV"

It basically won't work with any of the radio channels (700 to 790)
      Also tried:
      "Alexa, change channel on LGTV to BBC RADIO 4" - "hmm - I don't know that"
      "Alexa, play BBC Radio 4 on LGTV" - "I didn't find anything called LGTV that can play music"

I thought I'd try to change 704 to another channel outside of the 700 to 790 range but when I tried:
      "The programme number cannot be edited between programme 700 to 790"

I tried playing the Radio on the Alexa then using Sound Share to turn the TV into a Bluetooth speaker - this works really well - except that I can't turn Sound Share on using Alexa:

"Alexa, enable Sound Share on LGTV"  - "that command doesn't work on device LGTV"

Anyone have any ideas?  
    • By Sandy8100
      Alexa installed correctly on    32lq63 TV. 
      remote that came with to does not appear to have a microphone. How do I control Alexa?
      Simple instructions for a simple person please !