Quantcast

Why does LG not list 3rd Party Bluetooth Headsets that are compatible with LG sound sync?

Questor

Question

Question: Why does LG's website say I should check this forum to see if 3rd Party Bluetooth Headsets with work completely and correctly with LG sound sync and WebOS, when LG has not or will not publish a list of which 3rd Party Bluetooth Headsets are tested as compatible with specific LG TV models

We recently purchased an LG 55UM7300PUA (2019) TV and have a question about which 3rd Party Bluetooth Headsets that are compatible with LG sound sync and WebOS...  My wife wants to listen to our 55UM7300PUA TV through a set of Bluetooth Headphones while the TV Internal Speakers are turned off...

It seems that LG's USA website needs to be updated because LG's search results about our 55UM7300PUA model seem incomplete. The LG Tech Support website does not list the 55UM7300PUA as a TV nor Smart TV product and no 55UM7300PUA or 55UM73 manual is listed in search results.   I finally found the Owners Manual for our 55UM7300PUA through a Google search, but this PDF Owners Manual I downloaded does not say if our 55UM7300PUA supports LG sound sync or which manufacturer/models of Bluetooth Headsets . 

I am disappointed by a lack of technical support from LG in past forum discussions regarding which 3rd Party Bluetooth Headsets with work completely and correctly with LG sound sync and WebOS.  LG Technical Support is forcing customers like me to buy Bluetooth Headsets at our expense, they ask us to do their testing with a lack of specific 55UM7300PUA documentation, and they direct us to "refer to headset model names in user guide" that are not simply listed.

Does our 55UM7300PUA support the use of Bluetooth Headphones and is "LG sound sync" required for use with Bluetooth Headphones?  Why should we have to test 3rd party Headsets at our expense when LG Tech Support should specifiy which OEM and 3rd party Headsets work with which LG TV models?

• Sad 1

4 answers to this question

link hidden, please login to view

On 11/30/2019 at 4:25 AM, Questor said:

Question: Why does LG's website say I should check this forum to see if 3rd Party Bluetooth Headsets with work completely and correctly with LG sound sync and WebOS, when LG has not or will not publish a list of which 3rd Party Bluetooth Headsets are tested as compatible with specific LG TV models

We recently purchased an LG 55UM7300PUA (2019) TV and have a question about which 3rd Party Bluetooth Headsets that are compatible with LG sound sync and WebOS...  My wife wants to listen to our 55UM7300PUA TV through a set of Bluetooth Headphones while the TV Internal Speakers are turned off...

It seems that LG's USA website needs to be updated because LG's search results about our 55UM7300PUA model seem incomplete. The LG Tech Support website does not list the 55UM7300PUA as a TV nor Smart TV product and no 55UM7300PUA or 55UM73 manual is listed in search results.   I finally found the Owners Manual for our 55UM7300PUA through a Google search, but this PDF Owners Manual I downloaded does not say if our 55UM7300PUA supports LG sound sync or which manufacturer/models of Bluetooth Headsets . 

I am disappointed by a lack of technical support from LG in past forum discussions regarding which 3rd Party Bluetooth Headsets with work completely and correctly with LG sound sync and WebOS.  LG Technical Support is forcing customers like me to buy Bluetooth Headsets at our expense, they ask us to do their testing with a lack of specific 55UM7300PUA documentation, and they direct us to "refer to headset model names in user guide" that are not simply listed.

Does our 55UM7300PUA support the use of Bluetooth Headphones and is "LG sound sync" required for use with Bluetooth Headphones?  Why should we have to test 3rd party Headsets at our expense when LG Tech Support should specifiy which OEM and 3rd party Headsets work with which LG TV models?

Could you post a link to where it shows to come to this website for support please?

Full specifications of your TV appears to be on LG's website:

The reason I would imagine that LG does not list which headphones are compatible with their TV sets is because there are thousands of different units available and new models are constantly being released.  Plus, as Bluetooth is an open standard as long as a device is made to a compliant standard they should by definition just work. 

Looking around the web it appears that the Sound Sync system is designed to work with other LG products (albeit over Bluetooth) all other non-LG Bluetooth devices would use Bluetooth just not Sound Sync protocol.

I checked a new TV model from Samsung and the user manual does not list any compatible Bluetooth devices either, again I imagine for the same reasons I have mentioned above.

George Hofmeister asked, " Could you post a link to where it shows to come to this website for support please?"

When I searched the Internet after I could not find an LG reference to our 55UM7300PUA, I noticed the following Google listing at an LG website titled "Connecting & Using Headphones with Smart TV" at

link hidden, please login to view
... Displayed below is the LG article text you requested that is missing associated JPG pics due to Forum restrictions...

IMHO, LG Tech Support needs to improve because:

1.) Other people have complained in this Forum (see " LG Sound sync compatible headsets" at https://www.lgwebos.com/topic/1760-lg-sound-sync-compatible-headsets/) about being unable to use wireless Bluetooth Headsets with their LG Smart TVs.  There is no official Forum response from LG regarding approved maufacturer/model wireless Bluetooth Headsets that are recommended to work with LG Sound Synch

2.) The Owner's Manual for the LG 55UM7300PUA we just purchased is not found on LG's website after my several LG Support website search attempts,

3.) Both the most current LG manual link I found through the Internet and the LG TV printed Owner's Manual (barcode MFL71100902) that came with our TV do not discuss notr mention LG Sound Synch inside these Manuals and do not list links to LG Sound Synch webpages such as "Connecting & Using Headphones with Smart TV".

IMHO, LG makes tech support regarding LG smart TVs very difficult for customers because links to LG tech support docs for current models are often missing from the LG support website for no apparent reason.  The 55UM7300PUA TV we own has been available for sale since 1/1/19 and its Manual should have been listed with its model webpage...

How does LG expect to earn or retain customer loyalty to the TV brands when LG does not provide direct product support other than asking LG TV Owners to visit an unaffiliated website for Forum tech support or else redirecting TV Owners to the Retailer they purchased the TV from?

Connecting & Using Headphones with Smart TV

smart2_1.png

Here you will find information on how to connect headphones to your LG Smart TV.

Connecting your audio to Bluetooth headphones is possible with models supporting LG sound sync (wireless) function.

-  Firstly, check if your headset is supported by LG sound sync (wireless) function.

-  Available headset products vary depending on models, so please refer to headset model names on user guide.

Bluetooth Connection (2014 Smart WebOS TVs onwards)

Connecting your audio to Bluetooth headphones is possible with models supporting LG sound sync (wireless) function.

-  Firstly, check if your headset is supported by LG sound sync (wireless) function.

-  Available headset products vary depending on models, so please refer to headset model names on user guide.

1.  On your LG TV, go to HomeSettingAdvanced settingSoundSound out LG sound sync(wireless) orLG soundsync/ Bluetooth

2. Select device.

3. When search screen for headset available for TV connection appears, set the headset you want to connect to pairing mode. (For LG Bluetooth headset  : Turn on the power while pressing call button.)

Headset should then appear on the list of devices available to connect, select the device you want then TV starts and completes pairing.

4. If device search or connection is failed, select “search” again and turn off and on the power of headset to set to pairing mode again.

soundall.png