Quantcast

DAZN delay

Barnieb

Question

15 answers to this question

It seems to be a DAZN issue. Finally got through to DAZN support chat. Here is what I got:

• DAZN Rafael (2019-11-30, 1:26:22 PM): Welcome  to DAZN Customer Service! Hello, I am Rafael.  How may I help you? 
  • Me (2019-11-30, 1:26:39 PM): Hi, why on my LG smart TV using the DAZN app do I see the message  "Catch up isn't ready yet." (and it will be much later that I can)? But if I watch on my laptop I can see the match now. 
  • DAZN Rafael (2019-11-30, 1:26:39 PM): Hello Robert 
  • DAZN Rafael (2019-11-30, 1:26:58 PM): Hey I will be happy to assist you With your question. 
  • DAZN Rafael (2019-11-30, 1:27:46 PM): The reason why is because the video is not ready for TV version yet, for that reason you are able to see in your laptop but not on the TV. 
  • Me (2019-11-30, 1:29:10 PM): Well why does it take 12 hours to get ready? I am paying to watch and now I Ihave to watch adds too. 
  • DAZN Rafael (2019-11-30, 1:29:27 PM): The events are uploaded within 24 hours after the event ended, It should be available soon.

So the reason it is is because it is. I hate DAZN.

But it is an LG issue in that my friends who own Sony, Samsung and Sharp  do not suffer from this. I have done my best to communicate with both LG and DAZN each, initially, pointing the finger at the other. My last 2 replies fromDave H at LG content store support were that he has sent it up to engineering and that it would take 2-3 weeks to be looked at .  3 weeks later (this past Wednesday) he told me it hadn't been looked at yet.   My attempts to have DAZN deal with it met (2 months ago) first met with denial and useless trouble shooting suggestions. On my last live chat, 2 days ago, with DAZN  Ted advised me that they are aware of the problem and that he is sorry for the "inconvenience".  I hope that if enough people bagger both DAZN and LG something will be eventually be done about it so please keep emailing or live chatting if you can.  Perhaps there is strength in numbers. Like everyone else I also hate DAZN, for this and for the fact that the games are only viewable for a week, and any number of reason.

I have not been able to find any email with which to have a simple back and forth discussion. Telephone has been equally useless.

link hidden, please login to view
  I've used this page and the 1:1 Inquiry link at the top. It takes a bit of data entry to get a conversation started, sign in with google (or an LG account),  Several more drop downs. The reply comes to my email but there it's a "do not reply" response so each  time I go back to the page I copy and paste the LG email response to continue the conversation. I've been back and forth with Dave H a half dozen times now. The Reference number he gave me is VCN191106081913

For DAZN I have used the live chat from  I suspect you did the same?

Keep badgering!

Went through LGs help chat. They said it was DAZN's issue. Contacted DAZN. Must say that they were better than before but no resolution and not exactly straight with me. Claimed that the problem is that, "According to our records the internet speed needed to stream HD is 8.00 mbps. The average we have you at is 3.56 Mbps." Well I checked it right after that and it was 170 Mbps. Said that they would look into it. Will keep onto them.

How can it not be an LG issue when it works perfectly on Samsung Sony and Sharp? Frankly I don't care where the issue started. I want it fixed. It costs $150 per year to watch soccer that used to be included in my cable package. In order to see a decent picture I had to buy a new tv. If I'd been aware of this problem I would have bought a Samsung. Since LG isn't offering my money back they need to fix this (deal with DAZN if that's what it takes). The app comes from their store. 

As I understand it, DAZN is the one that develops the app for LG TVs, not the other way around. I have had a similar issue with Acorn (another streaming service) and they made it clear that it is they who develop the app for LG (they haven't). Though in the case of Acorn I can go through Amazon Prime Video (which itself is problematic, though there is a somewhat tedious work around).

So yes, bug DAZN. The only reason that I have DAZN is for the English Premier League and DAZN has the monopoly on the EPL in Canada. I have also sent an email to the EPL (not that I expect anything from that unless they received many more emails).

• Like 1

I'll add that bit of info on my next live chat with DAZN. I've been contacting them about once a week since September to complain about this as well as the ridiculously poor streaming quality,  showing scores for games I haven't watched yet (which they have mostly stopped) etc. How is your team doing?

That's strange. With the return of the EPL I have been able to watch Catch Up without delay (this past Wednesday and again on Friday). Was waiting to try it a few more times before posting to make sure it wasn't a fluke. There have been about a dozen updates come to our TV the last 3 months. Maybe check for updates?

That's great that it seemed to work itself out for you. Literally minutes after I posted I suddenly remembered that I have an Apple TV so I will be watching through that in the future. Major brain cramp lol I should have realized that sooner.