Quantcast

**NEW** DAZN question

lecouvie

Question

I have an LG TV (about 5 years old) and was able to find and download Amazon Prime app, so i know how to do that.  (Don't get me started on LG's account setup - ugh).

However, I cannot find DAZN as an app in Canadian store?

As an alternative, i launch the browser, (internet) and go to the DAZN website and try to watch from there but get an error message.

Any suggestions. as it is driving me crazy.

thanks in advance

norm

4 answers to this question

@lecouvie The browsers on many older "smart" TV's do NOT get updated to cover newer Internet standards and protocols. They are tied into the TV OS (in this case WebOS), that will not have been updated either. You can ONLY install apps that are present in your LG STORE in your country/region. If DAZN is not there, then you cannot install it.

For new account setups, I ALWAYS use the PC/Laptop browser (Firefox is very good, it has an excellent password manager built in), then once the new account is ready, sign in on the TV.

• Like 1

@Alex Thanks for the link. Indeed it does state "All LG WebOS models from 2015 to 2019", BUT, as the OP @lecouvie states, it is "about 5 years old". So, as the OP is unsure, what if it is 6 years old?

The fact that DAZN was launched in Canada in 2017, and the USA in 2018, does not mean that ALL TV sets purchased in 2015 would have it available in the LG STORE, particularly if they were an old stock or end-of-line 2014 models (and the older WebOS version is not updateable for example, and cannot support it).

If the OP really wants to use DAZN, and it is NOT in the LG store, then the alternative might be to consider one of the other options mentioned here:

link hidden, please login to view

"DAZN is available on a variety of platforms, including Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, iOS, Android, Xbox, Playstation, as well as Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari browsers via DAZN.com."

2 minutes ago, td47 said:

@Alex Thanks for the link. Indeed it does state "All LG WebOS models from 2015 to 2019", BUT, as the OP @lecouvie states, it is "about 5 years old". So, as the OP is unsure, what if it is 6 years old?

The fact that DAZN was launched in Canada in 2017, and the USA in 2018, does not mean that ALL TV sets purchased in 2015 would have it available in the LG STORE, particularly if they were an old stock or end-of-line 2014 models (and the older WebOS version is not updateable for example, and cannot support it).

If the OP really wants to use DAZN, and it is NOT in the LG store, then the alternative might be to consider one of the other options mentioned here:

link hidden, please login to view

"DAZN is available on a variety of platforms, including Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, iOS, Android, Xbox, Playstation, as well as Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari browsers via DAZN.com."

thanks for this, i can project from my microsoft surface to the TV via the microsoft wireless adapter (like a google chrome cast) which works OK but not the best. thanks again