Quantcast

LIKE THOUSANDS OF OTHERS I WANTED TO SAVE MONEY BY CUTTING THE CORD AND GET RID OF CABLE. I GUESS THAT WAS MY FIRST MISTAKE. I SEARCHED ONLINE FOR OVER A MONTH FOR A SMART TV WITHIN MY PRICE RANGE.  LOOKED AT EVERYTHING I COULD THINK OF BEFORE I MADE A DECISION. ON EVERY THING I LOOKED AT NOTHING EVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THE MEMORY CAPACITY OF ANY SMART TV THAT I LOOKED AT SO I DIDNT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT. THAT WAS ANOTHER MISTAKE. I FINALLY DECIDED TO GET AN LG BECAUSE I ALSO HAVE 2 LG SMART PHONES THAT WORK GREAT SO AN LG TV SHOULD BE EVEN BETTER. I JUST KEEP MAKING THESE MISTAKES. WELL I FINALLY DECIDED ON A 55 INCH LG 556090PUA BECAUSE IT WAS WITHIN MY PRICE AND IT CAME WITH A FREE SOUND BAR PROVIDED BY THE ONLINE STORE I BOUGHT IT FROM. WELL I HOOKED EVERY THING UP AND WHEN I STARTED NOSING AROUND IN THE TV SETTINGS THAT IS WHEN I FOUND OUT THAT THIS SMART TV STRAIGHT OUT OF THE BOX BEFORE UPDATES AND BEFORE ANY APPS ARE INSTALLED ONLY COMES WITH 0.54 GB OF INTERNAL MEMORY. IM THINKING NOPE THIS HAS TO BE WRONG BECAUSE EVEN MY FIRESTICK HAS ALMOST 5 GB OF MEMORY  SO IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR A SMART TV TO HAVE ALMOST 10  TIMES LESS MEMORY THAN  A FIRESTICK. .ANOTHER MISTAKE. SO I WENT AND UPDATED 2 APPS THAT CAME PREINSTALLED WITH THE TV. I UPDATED YOUTUBE AND I UPDATED PRIME VIDEO. MY 0.54 FELL DOWN TO 0.42 GB.  LG CLAIMS THAT YOU CAN DOWNLOAD APPS ONTO THEIR TVS BUT YET HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE  WHEN EVERY PREINSTALLED APP ON THIS SMART TV NEEDS UPDATES BUT IF I UPDATE ANY MORE THAN THE 2 THAT I DID I WOULD BE OUT OF MEMORY AND THE LESS MEMORY THAT YOU HAVE THE SLOWER YOUR DEVICE  RUNS. I WOULD JUST LIKE TO KNOW WHO IN BLUE BLAZES EVER THOUGHT TO CALL THIS DUMBER THAN A DUMB TV A SMART TV.  SO NOW IN ORDER TO SAVE MONEY I HAVE TO SPEND MONEY. SCRATCHING MY HEAD ON THAT ONE. BUT IN ORDER FOR THIS SMART TV TO BE SMART I HAD TO BUY A FIRESTICK SO I CAN INSTALL PROGRAMS ON IT TO WATCH AS WELL AS BUY AN EXTERNAL MEMORY CARD TO SAVE THINGS TO. ITS A JOKE. THE SMARTEST THING ABOUT THIS TV IS LG ITSELF WHO DECIDED TO MAKE A DUMB TV AND PUT A SMART TV PRICE TAG ON IT. BECAUSE LG KNEW THAT A STUPID GUY LIKE MYSELF WOULD BUY IT FROM THEM AS LONG AS THEY JUST FUDGED THE DETAILS A LITTLE BIT. SO ME BUYING A SMART TV LEFT ME WITH 2 EMPTY POCKETS  WITH NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT A SMART TV WITH ITS OWN VERSION OF THE SCARECROWS CLASSIC ON THE WIZARD OF OZ SINGING IF I ONLY HAD A BRAIN. AND LG THEY ARE LAUGHING AT ME THE ENTIRE TIME AS THEY ARE RUNNING THEMSELVES  ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK TO DEPOSIT MY CHECK AND CALLING ME A SUCKER. SO PAT YOURSELVES ON THE BACK LG. I ADMIT IT YOU GOT ME. BUT THAT MISTAKE WILL NEVER BE MADE AGAIN BY ME. AND ALSO IN HOPES OF OTHERS NOT MAKING THE MISTAKE THAT I DID I HAVE MADE POSTS ON REDDIT FACEBOOK YOUTUBE AND TWITTER ABOUT LG STEALING MONEY OUT OF A WORKING MANS POCKETS  AND I AM NOT DONE BADMOUTHING LG YET. SEVERAL PEOPLE WHO FOLLOWS MY VARIOUS POSTS HAVE GIVEN ME NEW IDEAS ON HOW I CAN GET MY MESSAGE OF LG RIPPING PEOPLE OFF. I DONT GET MAD I GET EVEN. YOU STOLE MONEY FROM ME SO I AM STEALING POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS FROM YOU JUST BY SPEAKING THE TRUTH. OF COURSE LG IF YOU WANT YOU COULD TRY AND SUE ME FOR TRYING TO BESMIRCH THE LG LOGO. BUT IF YOU DO THAT IT WOULD ONLY MAKE LG LOOK EVEN WORSE AND I CAN GUARANTEE YOU THAT IF I GET SUED THAT ALL THAT YOU WILL GET PAID BY ME WOULD BE MONTHLY INSTALLMENTS OF POCKET LINT BECAUSE THAT IS ALL THAT YOU LEFT ME WITH WHEN YOU SOLD ME A DUMB TV WITH A SMART PRICE TAG. BUNCH OF DAMN WANKERS.

20190702_184342.jpg

20190702_184212.jpg

Edited by James Cowan
My internal memory as it clearly shows is 0.54Gb. And that is before updates or before any other downloads
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, George Hofmeister said:

Hi James,

Woooooah there fella.  Formatting.  Shouty.  And breathe.

But anyhoo, according to the specifications found here: 

link hidden, please login to view
 your set comes with 1.5GB of RAM and 4GB of storage.  

I just posted two pics with my original post that clearly shows that this TV fresh from the store came only with 0.54Gb of internal memory like I said the model number for this is 55UK6090PUA. Not 55UK6090PUB as you posted in response to me that is just LG trying to discredit what I say about how they try to rip people off so no I'm not going to calm down LG is nothing but a bunch of crooks who wants to rip people off of their hard-earned money and I stand by that statement and I've got all the proof I need to back it up

• Like 1

In response to you telling me that my information is wrong I want ahead and posted two pics to my original post where it clearly shows about my internal memory having 0.54GB of memory the TV model number that I have is 55UK6090PUA and the one that you looked up and put down was 55UK6090PUB. So maybe the model number that you showed does have that memory but the model number I have does not so I stand by what I say about LG being nothing but a bunch of crooks

20190704_165403.jpg

Hi James,

Hope you are well.

Firstly if I was calling you a liar I would have said so in the post, which I did not and did not mean to imply.  What I feel you meant to say in your post is that you only had 0.54GB of free storage space.  What I was doing was detailing the actually memory and storage capacity of the TV, and perhaps I could have worded my post in a better way.  

The difference between actual and available are two complete different things.  Most applications are relatively small in size as they are written as Hosted web apps, acting just as a web based gateway to a server side application:  http://webostv.developer.lge.com/discover/discover-webos-tv/ 

This makes it easier for manufactures to provide updates as they only have to be done server side, and it keeps the client side installation much smaller and updates are required on a much less frequent basis.  The knock on to this is that there is not a requirement for large amounts of internal storage memory.

Secondly in your post your cited that your TV was a 55609PUA, which your now included picture shows was incorrect.  Searching on the model number provided brought up the model I cited.  Which leads on to...

Thirdly the designation at the end of the model is purely the aesthetics of the TV, and nothing to do with the internals.  Hence this has no bearing on the post.  For instance A could be a black bezel and B could be a silver.

Fourthly thank you for responding in proper sentence case in both your post and this message.  It makes it both easier to read and appears to be less angry, and shows better web etiquette.

Fifthly please cite your sources and post the details you have that prove that LG are crooks.

Finally I will be posting your message and this reply to the thread so that people can hopefully take something useful away from this back and forth.

And of course there you go again making absolutely no sense and making me as a customer no nevermind first off trying to say that what you felt I meant you don't have to feel what I'm trying to say I told you exactly what I meant and like I said this TV 55UK6090PUA comes with an internal memory of 0.54GB and that is before any updates and before I install any applications and again all of this I have said before you are trying to say that the 55UK6090PUA is actually 55UK6090PUB. So I went and pulled out the two pamphlets that came with this TV and nowhere in those two pamphlets is anything about a 55UK6090PUB so I went and looked in the back of the TV and again nothing so I went on all the settings on the inside of the TV and again nothing so nowhere is the model number that you say the television is so LG gives me nothing to support what you are trying to say and then you actually try to tell me the difference between actual and available internal memory what you're tending to forget is it I am a customer I could care less what the actual internal memory is because that is for the developer not for the customer all the customer cares about is the bottom line what am I being sold that I have to work with and as a customer what LG sold me was a dumb TV with an internal memory of 0.54GB. And you're trying to say that this TV has 1.4 GB Ram and 4 gigabytes of internal memory which may be true but again there is nowhere in the paperwork those numbers nothing about Ram or the four gigabytes and those numbers are nowhere in the television settings as well so the only way a customer you do understand what customers are correct customers are the ones that actually buy the product from LG you know us common Folk but the only way we can find out any of this information that you're trying to supply now is by us customers going online and looking it up ourselves because LG does not supply this information so everything that I have said I stand behind 100% you try to throw specifics into it as far as how the model number I cited is incorrect when the pictures clearly shows that this is the television that I was sold saying that the model number you provided is correct giving me absolutely no proof other than what you say while I'm telling you what is written all over the TV and what is written on the inside of the TV and what is written in the paperwork that I was given when I bought the TV that model number is what I bought I could care less about the model number that you told me about that has no bearing maybe it is the same number because you're talkin about bezels and all that again I could care less because you showed me absolutely no proof of this other than you sending me these links that sends me  Here There and Everywhere else trying to get me to look up all these different sites to try to prove you right when I'm going by what LG gave me as a customer that's what I care about and when I say LG being Crooks I stand behind that 100% as well because even if it does have 1.4 GB Ram and 4 gigabytes of memory nowhere is that shown the customer unless the customer themselves took it upon themselves and looked it up online so LG being Crooks comes from omitting facts you're trying to sell your TV on the concept of the 1.4 GB RAM and the 4 gigabytes internal memory with LG believing that the customer will buy it for that reason but yet nowhere is it shown in the material that LG gives to the customer the customer has to look it up if it is there and even if it is true a customer does not care about the inner workings of what they're buying a customer just wants it to work when they buy it so as a customer I bought this TV with 0.54GB of internal memory in other words I can hardly do anything with it and you try to make the 4 gigabytes of memory sound like a big thing that is what the developers use to put inside the TV to make it work that has nothing to do with the customer what the developer does on his end that's them a customer don't care about that a customer wants to be able to buy a TV plug it in turn it on and it should be able to have enough memory to where he can put his applications onto it and make it run but LG being Crooks does not give the customer that option because we're left with no memory after the developer is done LG being Crooks that comes from LG trying to sell the customer a supposedly Smart TV by trying to give them the knowledge that you're trying to give us by saying it has 4 gigabytes of memory but yet kind of forgetting to tell us customers that out of that 4 gigabytes of memory LG only leaves us the 0.54GB of memory because the developer uses the rest of it you sell us the TV on the 4 gigabytes but then turn around and give us the TV with 0.54GB. So you can try and make yourself sound smart and try to talk condescending toward me the customer by trying to insult my intelligence when all you're doing is making yourself sound even more ignorant because you actually think the customer cares about what goes on in to building a television when all customer cares about is what they're buying and what LG sold me is a dumb TV with 0.54GB of internal memory and then you throw a smart price tag on it to me that's a crook so everything that I have said I stand behind 100% you're trying to throw things into it that a customer could care less about and trying to throw specifics into it that is nowhere supported inside the TV on the TV in the paperwork that comes with the TV so customer has no way of knowing whether or not what you're trying to say is true or not unless the customer goes online and does the work himself because LG does not make any of the specifics knowledgeable and readily available for the customer hoping that we are ignorant enough to just go by what LG says to me and where I come from not telling somebody the whole story or omitting some facts or hazing or fudging the facts is the same as lying or trying to rip a customer off by selling them something by saying that it has something that in the beginning it may have until LG went and done their thing and then gave us the customers what's left that to me is a crook that's like me coming up to you buying a truck off of you and you tell me that if it's taken care of well a truck like this can easily go 300,000 miles before it gives  out on me but neglecting to say that the truck you're selling me already has 280000 miles on it that is the same thing but moving on from that let's say that you are correct that this television does have 1.4 gigabytes of RAM and 4 gigabytes of internal memory let's say that is correct LG tries to sell a customer on that trying to make the customer believe that is such a bargain that is such a deal when in actuality if I would have known this as a customer I could have went and bought the same size TV at half the price went and bought a $40 Amazon Fire stick hooked it up to the back of my TV and I would have been had a TV that had 2 gigabytes of RAM and almost 5 gigabytes of internal memory in other words LG sells you a TV that has 10 times less memory than a firestick but being a hundred times larger than a firestick so again cheating the customer and again I stand 100% by everything that I have said LG is nothing but Crooks selling somebody something telling them that is something else it's crooked no matter how you look at it LG sells a customer a dumb TV throws a smart price tag on it and then put it up for sale for us customers to buy that's shady that's sheisty and they're Crooks plain and simple and out of your response to me there was absolutely no information that you provided that is anywhere readily available for the customer it's nowhere inside the TV it's nowhere on the back of the TV it's nowhere in the paperwork that LG sells with the TV the customer has to go online and find out the information himself so don't try to talk to me like I'm a little child and that I have no intelligence all you're doing is insulting me everything that you said none of it can be backed up with information that LG readily supplies but everything that I have said has been supplied with the information that LG has given the customer so you trying to be condescending towards me all that is doing is making you sound even more ignorant in the long run the information that you are trying to provide in your past message all that is doing is making LG look even more suspect because none of that is supported in any of the information that LG gives to the customer when they first buy the TV again like I said it's not inside the TV it's not on the back of the TV it's not in the paperwork that comes with the TV nowhere you're telling me this after I bought the TV a few months ago so again making LG looking more suspect by now coming up with the information showing me that they omitted the information back when I bought it again crooked Crooks criminals thieves I stand behind my words 100% enough said. As a side note here is a friendly word of advice to you don't try to enter a battle of wits with somebody without having any wits about yourself what I'm trying to say is that if intelligence was gasoline you wouldn't have enough fuel to fill up a piss ants go kart enough to go 2 laps around a Cheerio without running out

Hi James,

In your initial post you stated that you TV was a 556090PAU, this is incorrect as you then added a picture that shows you have a 55UK6090PAU.  As I stated the end letter of the model number is related to the  design of the TV, dual legs instead of a single leg stand.  Please visit the following link to a page that will explain model number formatting:

link hidden, please login to view

When you purchased your last cell phone did you complain that the internal memory storage did not match the advertised storage?  I am guessing you did not.  TVs work in the same manner.

You may stand behind your comments that LG are crooks, but you still have not shown proof, please do.

As for my having no wits or intelligence... Well if I was going to write a 1820 word diatribe I would manage to include more than three periods and at least one comma, as well as other punctuation and paragraphs.  May be the lack of intelligence on your part is to do with your choice of leisure time reading materials.

Basically if the TV is so bad, cut your losses and get rid of it and go buy a Samsung.  They are welcome to have you on their forums, they may prefer trolls over there.

Oh okay I get it now you're going to knock my intelligence because of comas. Lack of paragraphs and so forth but the truth is you're not worth my time to type it all on a computer so I speak into my phone and have my phone do the work for me and as a matter of fact I have two LG phones I have an LG V10 and an LG v35 I don't have a problem with either of those just this tv and like I said in my very first post to this forum my two LG phones is the reason that I bought this TV because I am happy with my phones and like I said this has nothing to do with how many legs it has on it I don't care the pictures I posted is the information that came supplied with the TV so again I am not wrong you call it a smart TV but yet I have to put a fire stick on it to make it smart so now how smart is that and believe me I am getting another TV but I'm also keeping this one as reference to continue bad-mouthing LG and their supposedly smart TVs and calling me a troll now who has an attitude you poor little baby you know you really oughta get your lips off of LG's ass it's just not a very fitting look keep them on there very much longer and they may just get stuck there and you keep wanting proof about when I talk about LG being crooks I've stated everything already time and time again when you sell somebody something and give them something else that's shady that shiesty that's crooked that's what I'm talkin about as far as criminals I figured you would have been smart enough to figure that out for yourself and I sure as hell ain't going to draw you a damn picture like you said in your last email to me you said that what you was talkin about was that the TV had 1.5 gigabytes of RAM and 4 gigabytes internal memory that's what you try to sell the customer because that's what it originally comes out with but what you don't tell the customer the shady part the sheisty part is that the developers use up almost all of that leaving the customer a little over 1/2 of 1 GB of memory for them to do anything with and then tell them all the apps that they can put on it well you work for LG so you already understand that the lower you get on memory the slower the device runs but you expect all customers to be stupid and buy into it that's why I stay on this post because I know you're not going to be the only one reading them and I want to be able to inform others so hopefully they don't make the same mistake I did and buy an LG smart TV and like I said I've already posted on Twitter I've already posted on Facebook I've already posted on YouTube and again like I said I'm not going to quit bad-mouthing LG because they done people wrong with these supposedly smart TVs and I'm glad to know that you're counting the words that I post whether it's your computer or what have you like I could care less it's nice to know that you pay attention to that kind of detail as far as what I say everything I said has been fact you have shown me nothing that is fact you want me to look shit up with this forum all I'm doing is having fun with it because you keep egging it on and then another thing you go and speak about my grammar look at your very first sentence of this post look at the grammatical error there that you made and then go back to your previous email and then your  very first paragraph look at your grammatical errors there and yes I said errors plural meaning more than one and then you try to have the audacity to talk about me not using periods and commas now how stupid is that and emails and the post on this forum all that you have shown me is that everything I've said is correct and you have shown me nothing you want me to look the information up myself when instead LG should readily give the customers the information that you're talkin about upfront before they buy the TV that's why I call LG crooks because they want you to buy the TV with false information and to me that's criminal and I know you're going to try to say that it's not criminal because it does have one-and-a-half gigabytes of RAM and 4 gigabytes of internal memory but it's criminal because you don't tell the customers that the developers use all of that and only leaves them with half of a gigabyte it's misleading and then you go and call me a troll because I find it funny that I am on these forums and email speaking nothing but fact and you're trying to confuse the situation by putting legs into it on how many legs a TV has like I could care less this all has to do with the internal memory I don't care if the end letter is an a as the pictures shows or a b that you say it is or if it's a double z i don't care I keep reiterating the fact the end letter is an a because that is the information provided to me the customer by your boss you know LG the one that you can't get your lips off of their rear end those people those are the ones that are criminals those are the ones that are crooks those are the ones that are misleading customers and if you could get your lips off of LG's back side long enough to look around you'd understand exactly what I'm saying in every Post in every email I have stated nothing but fact but you refuse to see it instead you'd rather post links knowing that other people is going to be reading these you rather post links for them to look up and you'd rather try to cap on me try to insult my intelligence try to make yourself sound smart just to try to undermine everything that I've said and as I've also said if intelligence was gasoline you wouldn't have enough fuel for a piss ant to go 2 laps around a cheerio so don't try to knock my intelligence by trying to feed me information that was never given to me when I bought the TV and I still don't know if your information is correct because I'm not about to go look on these links that you posted to see whether or not you are correct because that information as I said should be given to the customer before the television is bought but they are not given that information because then they won't have as many sales and I'm not saying that LG is the only one to blame because as I said in my first post I was searching for TV for over a month trying to find what I wanted I looked at LG I looked at Samsung I looked at Sony I even looked at the new Amazon brands trying to find what i feel would be the right TV for me and then none of those TV that  I looked at online I have to say I looked at at least a couple hundred and in none of those did I see anything by any brand about the internal memory so all these other brands maybe the same way they may have just a little internal memory as the LG but I can't speak on them because I don't know and I'm not going to speak on something if I don't know if it's fact but what I do know is fact is that although I may like the LG phones I will never buy another LG TV again that I know is a fact