Quantcast

Too many bugs in the new Hotstar app on Webos India

Subtitles aren't appearing for certain shows(eg. Big Bang theory).NO option to change audio language,video quality. Certain shows are like watching snapshots at 10s interval(check Homeland). Cricket matches are having slow frames per second although i have good bandwidth and fps on my tv(LG UJ652T).  NO VIP option also.

• Like 2

On 3/31/2019 at 9:09 PM, sashank said:

Subtitles aren't appearing for certain shows(eg. Big Bang theory).NO option to change audio language,video quality. Certain shows are like watching snapshots at 10s interval(check Homeland). Cricket matches are having slow frames per second although i have good bandwidth and fps on my tv(LG UJ652T).  NO VIP option also.

Yeah, its has a lot of bugs. Thankfully I was able to watch Game of thrones wothout any issues. I also noticed no subtitles on the big bang theory. 

Cricket matches are working fine for me. 

Homeland is playing fine with subtitles .

NO option to change audio language, video quality. 

This is certainly very concerning. What's the average video quality on your Hotstar TV app? 

I think these issues are only temporary as it's a newly launched app. An update might be all that's needed. I also second George's suggestion to contact the Hotstar's customer care executive. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Djayjee said:

Too buggy, cant use magic cursor on app, have to use arrow keys. Thank god game of thrones if working flawlessly 

Sorry to hear the app is not living up to expectations, the best thing to do would be to use Hotstar's contact page to let them know of the deficiencies and ask them when they are planning on pushing out an updated version. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, HateHotStar said:

This is the worst app that I have ever seen. I couldn't watch a single premium content on my TV. My yearly subscription has been wasted. Such a pathetic service hotstar and LG.

Sorry to hear the app is not living up to expectations, the best thing to do would be to use Hotstar's contact page to let them know of the deficiencies and ask them when they are planning on pushing out an updated version. 

1 hour ago, vinoth kanna said:

I like hotstar app Picture Quality and Sound Quality Super Awesome ..

But Need Live Cricket Need to Change Audio Language option In My Currently Playing Hindi and I like to change it English .

Please Help out this fix the problem  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am facing the same issue. Any workaround for this till they fix it...?

• 1 month later...
On 8/19/2019 at 3:03 PM, Rahul Bhawsar said:

@sashank no option for audio change. Most of the national geographic documentaries are play in Telegu. But I want hindi or English..pl. LG update the app with these requirements.

Unfortunately LG do not produce the app, its production is entirely down to Hotstar so if there is a problem you will need to give them feedback directly via their website.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...