Quantcast

Show more than 8 subtitles

Marcelo

Question

7 answers to this question

On 2/28/2019 at 1:55 PM, Marcelo said:

I'm watching a movie (mkv) that has 10 built-in 
link hidden, please login to view
, but webOs only shows 8 options and the one I want to select is the ninth option. My TV is LG 55 OLED B6. Is there a way to make this selection?

The same goes for me. But my .mkv has 19 embedded languages. Why is it set to max 8. Thats ridiculous. Is there any way to show more tthan 8? My model is 55sj8000.

Here is a work around

Do you have access to a PC?

Install Subtitle Edit, a free utitity

Then open the file with Subtitle Edit
This will allow you to select the subs you want and save as a separate .srt file

Then you should be OK on the TV
Just make sure that External Subs is enables

PS Subtitle Edit has many features for replacing text in the subs file
so that it appears cleanly on your TV

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By MURAD
      Hello , There is no setting to select subtitles for series and movies, I tried clicking on the colors on the remote, but nothing worked, I poked around in settings and found nothing. I sent several emails to the company, but no response was received. I remember that there was an option in the previous version, who has the same problem and what can be done?
    • By ironmonkey
      Just bought an LGLED-65UJ630 65INCH TV. Right away I started to get the message "This app will now restart to free up more memory". After searching the internet and forums, I now understand that this problem is huge, it has been going on for years now and it is right across many models of LG TV's.
      I have tried everything to fix this problem. It has the latest firmware. I did the factory reset and that lasted 4 hours before I got the message back. I turn off the TV and leave it for 10 minutes, maybe one hour later I get the message. I delete browsing history, maybe 10 minutes and I get the message..... you get the message.
      As I understand it, the problem is that LG TV's don't have enough internal memory, but they have shipped a ton of their "smart" TV's with this problem.
      My question is, has anybody heard anything from anybody, anywhere about a solution to this problem. I really want to keep this TV, but it is not fit for purpose in this state.     
    • By Danster75
      Hi all,

I'm Danny and have a problem with my LG OLED65C8;

since a few months when playing movies, either from my Syno NAS or just plain USB, subtitles are being displayed double (over or above eachother) or are displayed for sometimes minutes after the sentence's been spoken. The videofiles haven't got any hardcoded subs but either subs included in the mkv container or as separate srt of ssa file. Disabling subs removes the display of subs, enabling subs results in double or persistent subs.

Subtitles have been disabled in the accessability menu, factory reset did not help.

I searched but as far as I can see this problem has not been discussed yet, also googled and never came across this problem. Perhaps someone here can help?

Kind regards, Danny
      ----------------
      SOLUTION, for me at least:

I used ColorControl to reboot the TV. It's weird that a factory reset did not work but a simple reboot did.

• By Mohammad1403
      Hello there,
      Is it possible to turn off search on the home screen, or filter results to show only apps? Ideally, I'd like to limit content to be appropriate for kids.

• Weebly - Websites, eCommerce & Marketing in one place.
    • By News Reporter
      The harmonious marriage of minimalist aesthetics and functionality is a hallmark of some of the most successful examples of industrial design. Launched earlier this year, the link hidden, please login to view (model HU710PB) portable projector exemplifies the ‘less is more’ approach, shedding all superfluous design touches to achieve a timeless look and maximum usability. Since its global debut at CES 2024, the LG CineBeam Q has won a steady stream of praise for its practical, user-friendly features and distinctive yet understated style. 

The LG CineBeam Q produces immersive large-scale pictures in ultra-sharp 4K resolution. In order to achieve this, the technologically sophisticated projector utilizes more components than a conventional model – an impressive feat considering its small size. To efficiently house all of the parts required – most of which are square in shape – the design team found that a simple square shape was the most ideal for the device itself. The result is an ultra-portable projector that pairs high-performance with a super-clean, minimalist design. 
      The ‘boxy’ form factor of the LG CineBeam Q is augmented by a sleek metallic look; something rarely seen in today’s projector market and a point of difference that further sets LG’s product apart from the competition. Typically associated with premium IT devices, the metallic finish enables the device to double as a stylish interior accessory while also providing a pleasing tactile quality.  

Thoroughly minimalist in appearance, the LG CineBeam Q’s exterior does away with any and all non-essential design elements, leaving only that which is truly needed: the lens, handle, connection ports and power button. Even the information label on the bottom of the device has been streamlined, providing a selection of essential product data for the customer’s reference, and nothing else. 
      The handle of the CineBeam Q not only maximizes usability, but also helps to make the product instantly recognizable. The elegant simplicity of the CineBeam Q’s 360-degree rotatable handle belies the ingenious practicality of its design, serving both as a carry-handle and as an adjustable stand.  

The remarkable LG CineBeam Q delivers moving cinematic experiences in almost any setting, indoors or out. Due to its exceptionally light weight – only 1.49 kg – the CineBeam Q is easy to pick up, and can be conveniently carried to wherever it is needed. Along with prioritizing portability and performance, Lee Eun-bong, the lead product designer on the CineBeam Q, sought to create an intuitive design that users could instantly understand and feel comfortable with – even those who had never owned a projector before. 

A great choice for anyone seeking a stylish, take-anywhere* projection solution, LG CineBeam Q offers a unique combination of modern minimalist design, stellar portability and stunning 4K image quality.  
      # # #
      * The projector operates solely through external power sources and does not feature a built-in battery. It necessitates connection to a power cord or external battery.