Quantcast

Chapters in ripped movies can't be accessed (OLED55B6T)

Nick Payne

Question

I'm using Serviio on a Raspberry Pi as my DLNA server. If I rip a DVD/Blu-Ray movie with MakeMKV, retaining the chapters from the disc, I can use VLC as the DLNA client on my PC to play the rip from Serviio on the Pi, and I can access the chapters in the ripped file, jumping forwards and backwards from chapter to chapter. However, if I use the DLNA client in my LG OLED55B6T to play the same rip, the chapters can't be accessed - trying to do so jumps to the next/previous rip in the folder on the server.

Has anyone managed to get chapters working with the DLNA client on an LG TV?

p.s. I also tested by connecting a Chromecast to the TV, and using BubbleuPnP on my phone as the DLNA client and casting the phone to the TV. That method also allows me to access the chapters on the movie rip, so it looks even more as though this is a shortcoming in the DLNA client built into the TV.

2 answers to this question

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Maria D
      How to change view from 16:9 in movies to fit full screen 

LG QLED B22 
    • By Puja aingh
      Dear LG TEAM,       Kindly update my content store because I can't find the HOTSTAR APP AND JIO CINEMA ZEE5 AND SONY LIV   THANK & REGARDS VIKASH SINGH  
    • By Velvet_Noir
      Hi, I have the option to right click and pick the subtitles on my Mac when watching movies in the VLC Player, but I can’t do this on the LG OLED, though. I already renamed the subtitle file to be the exact same as the video file and I did have the SRT file in the same folder where the movie is. However, when I connect the hard drive to the TV, the subtitle still doesn't appear. The format of my hardrive is NTFS. Can anyone please offer some advice?
    • By Sabab
      Hello. I am from Bangladesh. I have an LG  television (LG UP7550 43'' UHD 4K TV). I want to play movies with Bengali Subtitle. My TV isn't showing the Bengali subtitle file (srt or ass) though I have renamed it as the same name as the name of the movie and kept it in the same folder. How can I get rid of the problem? Do I need to use any special player for this purpose? Or is it completely impossible to watch movies with Bengali Sub?
    • By Shaun Brennan
      I have a couple of app that have updates available  but when i click update get the following message (unable to update try later) this has been over a week now, also amazon prime and music wont open now and got this message when i tried to delete app (
      link hidden, please login to view) Also tried to install a random app off the content store and got the same message as above 1st message
      The TV is connect to the internet as Netflix works 
      Any help would be appreciated
      Thanks Shaun