Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

Nick Payne

Chapters in ripped movies can't be accessed (OLED55B6T)

Question

I'm using Serviio on a Raspberry Pi as my DLNA server. If I rip a DVD/Blu-Ray movie with MakeMKV, retaining the chapters from the disc, I can use VLC as the DLNA client on my PC to play the rip from Serviio on the Pi, and I can access the chapters in the ripped file, jumping forwards and backwards from chapter to chapter. However, if I use the DLNA client in my LG OLED55B6T to play the same rip, the chapters can't be accessed - trying to do so jumps to the next/previous rip in the folder on the server.

Has anyone managed to get chapters working with the DLNA client on an LG TV?

p.s. I also tested by connecting a Chromecast to the TV, and using BubbleuPnP on my phone as the DLNA client and casting the phone to the TV. That method also allows me to access the chapters on the movie rip, so it looks even more as though this is a shortcoming in the DLNA client built into the TV.

2 answers to this question

The DLNA client in the TV works but is not great.

I use the Plex client that can be downloaded on the TV and a Plex server on my computer. This works much better.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.