Quantcast

Power on/off sound (melody)

YuvalW

Question

Hi,

M y TV (SK8000) started to play a short melody whenever I turn it on/off, I can't find anything in the settings that controls it, any idea how I disable it?

It seems to start after I connected an Onkyo receiver to the TV via the HDMI ARC port, but I am not sure.

I also entered to the IN_START and EZ_ADJUST menus but didn't change anything...

Any ideas?

Thx.

6 answers to this question

OK, finally solved it, will explain here in case someone else will have this issue:

I switched my TV zone to US and apparently there are different system menus for US, in which, there is a "power sound" option (under accessibility), this option is turned on by default. When I switched back the TV zone to my country, this option disappeared from the menu, and the tv got stuck with that option on.

So all I had todo is switch back to zone US, turn off that option, and switch back to my country - all set, no power on/off sound!

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Arthur Dent
      Just getting the runaround from LG, only want a baseline figure, they sent me this

, our technicians have explained that we cannot calculate the unit's actual power consumption when not in standby because there are too many factors that could affect this calculation. These factors include how many pixel refreshers are run, whether the unit is connected to the internet, external devices connected, speakers connected, sound systems connected, HDD connected and recording set ups. I am afraid that we consequently cannot answer your question.

we all know LG are not helpful to customers , but there’s no need to keep proving it.
      this TV has a good energy rating so figures must be available, they either dont care or understand what I am asking

thanks

• By SS1003602
      I have recently shifted from UAE to India. I have 55" LG 3D smart TV model no. 55UB8301. My problem is 1. I can not change country from UAE to India in settings -Country option because India is not available in the list.
      2. I can not download any app which are normally available in Indian smart TVs like Hotstar/Sonyliv/Amazon prime etc.
      3. In screen mirroring option using my Android phone, I can play any video stream from mobile to smart TV BUT only Amazon prime videos are not played. 
      Can anyone help me for above issues...?
    • By chloe96
      Hi everyone, I'm Chloe and I just signed up. I'll cut straight to the chase. I'm currently using the LG TV (webos 3.0) of a friend while she's away for a few months and I constantly get prompted to update the firmware. She says she's never updated it as she doesn't care and everything was working fine anyway, and told me to just disregard it. So, I'm not gonna do it, but that reminder is doing my head in as it pops up every time I turn the TV back on.

Since I couldn't find anything in settings to turn it off, last month I blocked a bunch of addresses at router level and it did work for several weeks, as I wouldn't get the reminder any longer.

Here's what I blocked after sniffing out addresses that the TV checked out right before the reminder appeared:
      link hidden, please login to view Now, the message has started popping up again over the past few days. Yesterday I tried adding a bunch of other addresses, but no dice.

Do you have any suggestions about how to definitely kill that reminder once and for all? Thanks in advance.
    • By Rob Infantino
      We have two LG OLED TVs. WebOS appears differently on each. And we are able to download the Paramount+ app on one TV, but not on the other.
      OLED65C7P (older) running software version 6.00.25
      WebOS TV Version 3.9.0-62709
      Does not allow the Paramount+ app to be installed
      OLED65C9PUA (newer) running software version 5.10.25
      WebOS TV Version 4.9.3-5340808
      Allows the Paramount+ app to be installed
      How can we get WebOS to appear the same on both TVs?

• By Marko D
      Subtitles as well as all html elements beside video disappear on every website after 2 minutes. The only way to bring them back is to activate cursor with magic remote. This started happening around the beginning of July when new LG browser update rolled out. I managed to get around this by resetting TV to factory settings and evading browser update. This worked until 23rd of July when Web OS update came along . Thinking that problem might be solved i installed it. Turns out this update just integrated this browser error into the OS and now even after resetting to factory the problem cant be avoided. LG had just made the error which could be evaded by downgrading browser mandatory instead of fixing it. This is disgrace. If I had a company with 5 employees the update with error would have never entered circulation and even if it did I would not issue another update which would make error impossible to evade. LG has only billions of dollars and tens of thousands of employees and they do not notice such a major problem even after they have been informed by the users.