Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

YuvalW

Power on/off sound (melody)

Question

Hi,

M y TV (SK8000) started to play a short melody whenever I turn it on/off, I can't find anything in the settings that controls it, any idea how I disable it?

It seems to start after I connected an Onkyo receiver to the TV via the HDMI ARC port, but I am not sure.

I also entered to the IN_START and EZ_ADJUST menus but didn't change anything...

Any ideas?

Thx.

3 answers to this question

@bill456 Thanks for the idea. I have turned off all the CEC features in the TV, it didn't help. Then I disconnected the receiver HDMI cable from the TV and still no luck...

Will appreciate more ideas :)

OK, finally solved it, will explain here in case someone else will have this issue:

I switched my TV zone to US and apparently there are different system menus for US, in which, there is a "power sound" option (under accessibility), this option is turned on by default. When I switched back the TV zone to my country, this option disappeared from the menu, and the tv got stuck with that option on.

So all I had todo is switch back to zone US, turn off that option, and switch back to my country - all set, no power on/off sound!

• Like 1