Quantcast

Black Level

• 2 weeks later...

This is not a bug, but rather user error. 

All Settings -> Picture -> Picture Mode Settings ->  Picture Settings -> Black Level. 
                                                                                                             -> Picture Settings -> Apply to all inputs.

(After changing black level go back one to Picture Settings, at the bottom it will say "apply to all inputs".)

NOTE : The TVs seem to have a default Picture Mode quick setting for each app/input separately as well  (I.e Standard User / Vivid, / Eco etc) and will always revert to the last picture-mode setting used for that particular input/app. This is most likely what is overriding your black level change, 

Make sure when you change your black level on a certain picture mode  you choose "apply to all inputs" AND also make sure Netflix has been switched to that SAME picture mode. (eg Vivid/Eco etc) (Exiiting the app after choosing the correct picture mode will mean it defaults to that setting each time until changed,. 

For example If you changed your black level on one of the picture modes like "standard user"  while watching live TV, then switched to Netflix or HDMI1 the tv will go back to which ever "Picture mode" was last used for that particular input. E.g. if Netflix defaults to "Eco" then your black level settings (even if you  chose to apply to all inputs) will not show as are they are under the "standard user" picture mode quick setting. 

Sorry if my explanations a little complicated. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Kuriko
      Hey, I have 3 NAS (DLNA) successfully connected to my OLED65C97LA since months and from one day to another all three have the same issue. So I must be a bug in LG TV? But I do not know what to do?
      - I can click on all 3 DLNA and its open a choice box for "music" or "image and video".
      - Click on all 3 DLNA for "music" and I get access to this DLNA and see my music files and can play it.
      - Click on all 3 DLNA für "image and video" and I get now only a black screen. I can move the cursor and open menus, but DLNA is black.
      Am I the only one with this problem?
    • By News Reporter
      The Company’s First Diagnostic Monitor With IPS Black Technology,
      Features an 8-Megapixel Resolution and a 2,000:1 Contrast Ratio

SEOUL, May 30, 2023 — LG Electronics (LG) has launched its 31.5-inch IPS Black diagnostic monitor (model 32HQ713D). The company’s first medical monitor to employ IPS Black technology, the new model provides sharp, clear images with vibrant colors and a 2,000:1 contrast ratio. LG’s new diagnostic monitor delivers consistent image quality via automatic self-calibration and ease-of-use with 6 convenient hotkeys.
      Thanks to an 8-megapixel resolution (3,840 x 2,160 pixels), LG’s IPS Black diagnostic monitor offers the level of clarity needed for medical imaging, including x-rays, mammograms and CT scans. With Multi-Resolution Mode (8, 6 and 4MP), users can adjust screen resolution to suit the type of image being viewed.
      Equipped with IPS Black technology, the 32HQ713D provides clear image definition with deep blacks and detailed expression in the low gray tones. LG’s diagnostic monitor also features a built-in front calibration sensor that enables automatic self-calibration to help keep image quality stable.
      Additionally, the 32HQ713D comes with Focus View Mode and Pathology Mode. Controllable with either mouse or keyboard, Focus View Mode makes it possible to select a specific part of an image to review – dimming the rest of the screen to help highlight the area of concern. Pathology Mode provides image clarity and accuracy as if looking at a microscope.
      LG’s new diagnostic monitor offers a convenient user experience with 6 hotkeys that make it quick and simple to adjust various settings, including mode, screen resolution and lighting. For convenient management, the Presence Sensor automatically turns the display off after 5 minutes if no motion has been detected. The monitor also comes with a one-click stand that simplifies the installation process and offers ergonomic comfort with adjustable tilt, height and swivel.
      “LG’s new diagnostic monitor offers the high contrast needed for displaying clear medical imaging,” said Silas Choi, vice president and head of the B2B solution business division of LG Electronics Business Solutions Company. “Leveraging our outstanding display technology, we will continue to provide medical monitors that meet the specific needs of medical professionals.”
      The 32HQ713D is now available worldwide. For more information about LG’s diagnostic monitors, visit
      link hidden, please login to view. Key Specifications:
      LG Diagnostic Monitor (32HQ713D)
      Panel Panel Type IPS Black Inch 31.5-inch Aspect Ratio 16:9 Resolution 8MP (3840 x 2160) Color Gamut (Typ.) sRGB (CIE 1931) 100 % Brightness (Typ.) 1000cd/m² Contrast Ratio (Typ.) 2000:1 Response Time (Gray-To-Gray)
      14ms (GtG, Overdrive Not Supported) Feature DICOM Compliant Yes Hardware Calibration Yes (Software Application: LG PerfectLum)
      Display Mode Multi-resolution Mode (8/6/4MP), Focus View Mode, Light Box Mode, Pathology Mode Video Signals Input Terminals DisplayPort x2 User
      Convenience PBP / Dual Controller Yes (2 PBP) / Yes Lighting Yes Hot Key Yes (6 keys) Presence Sensor Yes Physical Specifications
      Adjustable Stand Swivel: ±15° / Tilt.: -5°~15° / Height Range: 110mm * Product specifications may vary by region and are subject to change without notice.
      # # #

• By News Reporter
      With a Curved Screen and a 240Hz Refresh Rate, LG’s New Gaming Monitor Helps
      Create an Expansive and More Responsive Gaming Environment

SEOUL, May 10, 2023 — LG Electronics (LG) has launched its newest UltraGear gaming monitor (model 49GR85DC), a curved 49-inch display with a 32:9 aspect ratio and an ultra-high 240Hz refresh rate. Like having two 16:9 monitors side by side, the impressive new model delivers the silky-smooth gameplay and top-notch picture quality needed for immersive gaming experiences. While designed with gamers in mind, the 49GR85DC is also suitable for productivity or viewing content thanks to its advanced multitasking functionality and extra-wide screen.
      Featuring a 49-inch Dual QHD (5,120 x 1,440) resolution panel with a 1000R curvature, LG’s new UltraGear gaming monitor provides sharp, vibrant images that fill the user’s field of vision. The combination of the monitor’s generous screen width and 240Hz refresh rate1 helps create an expansive and more responsive game environment – making titles feel more real and dynamic. VESA DisplayHDR 1000 certified, the 49GR85DC also has a 3000:1 contrast ratio and a 1000-nit peak brightness2, producing vivid colors and deep, nuanced blacks. With its three-sided, virtually borderless design, the monitor enables users to stay focused as they battle their opponents or explore their favorite virtual worlds.
      Not just for gaming, the 49GR85DC offers an array of multitasking features that let users take full advantage of its elongated 32:9 aspect ratio screen. The new UltraGear supports Picture-in-Picture (PIP) and Picture-by-Picture (PBP) modes. PIP mode lets users display content from a second connected device in a floating window, while PBP mode allows them to work with multiple open windows at the same time by conveniently dividing the screen into two discrete sections.
      Important for users who enjoy PC and console gaming – and useful for multitasking as well – the new monitor provides connectivity via DisplayPort 1.4 and HDMI 2.1, both of which let users enjoy smooth gaming at 240Hz in Dual QHD resolution. Additionally, the curved UltraGear enhances the gaming experience with its LED Hexagon backlighting and support for DTS Headphone:X; an advanced audio solution that provides outstanding three-dimensional sound via wired headphones.
      “As the gaming monitor market continues to mature and grow, so too does the demand for expansive displays offering high refresh rates and superb picture quality,” said Seo Young-jae, senior vice president and head of the IT business unit of LG Electronics Business Solutions Company. “Designed for gaming, but equally suited to multitasking, the new LG UltraGear is a versatile, premium display solution that shows our commitment and ability to satisfy the diverse needs of today’s consumers.”
      Now available in the U.S., the new UltraGear gaming monitor will be launched in key markets throughout Europe this month and in Asia later this year.
      Key Specifications:
      LG UltraGear Gaming Monitor (49GR85DC)
      Display Type VA (Vertical Alignment) Screen Size 49-inch Aspect Ratio 32:9 Resolution DQHD (5,120 x 1,440) Refresh Rate 240Hz1 Color Gamut DCI-P3 95% (typ.) Contrast Ratio 3000:1 Brightness 1000nit (peak)2, 450nit (typ.)
      Response Time 1ms Gray-to-Gray (GtG) Curvature 1000R HDR VESA DisplayHDR 1000 Connectivity HDMI 2.1 x 2
      DisplayPort 1.4 x 1
      USB 3.0 x 1 Upstream
      x 2 Downstream
      4pole H/P out (DTS HP:X) Picture-in-Picture, Picture-by-Picture
      Yes Stand Tilt: -5 to + 15°
      Height: 110mm
      Swivel: ± 15˚
      Pivot: Not Available  # # #
      1 Gaming at 240Hz in Dual QHD resolution requires a PC with a graphics card that supports both HDMI 2.1 and DisplayPort 1.4.
      2 HDR peak brightness guaranteed.

link hidden, please login to view
    • By Ramx
      Hi, like the title says. Whenever I try watching Dolby vision content in my LG A2 it just shows a black screen. The sounds plays perfectly fine without any issue. It is just the video that is not working. I don't have any HDMI inputs connected. This content worked in the past, but for some reason is not working anymore. I have already tried power cycling the tv and deleting and reinstalling the apps I tried it on.
      Thanks for any help!
    • By News Reporter
      Millions of LG Customers Can Now Connect With and Learn
      From The World’s Best in the Comfort of their Home via webOS

SEOUL, March 28, 2023 — This month, LG Smart TV owners worldwide gain access to MasterClass, the streaming platform where anyone can learn from the world’s best across a wide range of subjects, allowing customers to access the platform directly on the big screen at home. Available in LG’s Content Store on LG Smart TVs running webOS 4.0 (2018 TVs) up to the newly launched 2023 TVs, the MasterClass app can be easily accessed by voice command and is featured on Life’s Good Hub.
      MasterClass subscribers will be able to get inspired by more than link hidden, please login to view and classes across various categories, such as Arts & Entertainment, Business, Design & Style, Sports & Gaming and Writing, which means there is a class for almost every need and interest. Viewers can step into food truck “godfather” Roy Choi’s kitchen, design their career with Teen Vogue’s former editor in chief and multimedia icon Elaine Welteroth, discover their inner negotiator with former lead FBI hostage negotiator Chris Voss, learn leadership from former CEO of PepsiCo Indra Nooyi and relational intelligence from renowned psychotherapist Esther Perel and much more of the world’s best, offering inspiring knowledge and stories for everyone.
      New and existing MasterClass subscribers can learn and discover at a pace that best serves their lifestyle – in bite-size pieces or in a single binge, with each class featuring about 20 video lessons at an average of 10 minutes per lesson. Cinematic visuals and close-up demonstrations make viewers feel like they’re one-on-one with the instructors. For those looking to learn by doing, Sessions by MasterClass offers a structured curriculum where members can roll up their sleeves, get hands-on and learn meaningful skills through step-by-step guidance from world-class instructors and an active community of peers.
      By introducing MasterClass to its Smart TVs, LG is demonstrating its commitment to offering more versatile home entertainment experiences that appeal to consumers’ unique preferences, needs and interests, with new educational services to be launched later this year.
      Celebrating its 10th anniversary in 2023, LG OLED TVs have pioneered and continue to lead the premium TV market, earning many accolades from journalists and industry experts. LG OLED TVs are synonymous with superb picture quality, vibrant, accurate colors and deep blacks for images that are remarkably lifelike. As such, LG OLED TVs have become the preferred TV for many creators and studios. The company is committed to exploring the broad possibilities presented by its self-lit technology as it starts a new decade of OLED leadership and innovation.
      # # #