Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

Register now to gain access to our webOS user support forum. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to post a user to user support request topic to this site or reply to existing topics posted by other users. You can also take part in our other webOS user forums. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

dwsteele41

Amazon hdr content back, but not playing

Question

For quite a while, amazon didn't offer hdr content versions in the webos app.  A recent update has brought back the hdr content, but it's still playing in 1080.  Has anyone successfully gotten 4k and hdr to play in the amazon lg app?

2 answers to this question

On 7/24/2018 at 3:58 AM, dwsteele41 said:

For quite a while, amazon didn't offer hdr content versions in the webos app.  A recent update has brought back the hdr content, but it's still playing in 1080.  Has anyone successfully gotten 4k and hdr to play in the amazon lg app?

I have been playing HDR content since I purchased my TV in late 2016, I cannot say I saw that it had disappeared from then until now.

I have a OLED55E8

DolbyVision and UHD do play but they crash the app. First symptom I have is video freeze with audio continue - then CRASH. I have talked to Amazon Prime but no solution as yet.

My connection is thru Lan and my speeds are 80+ Mbps

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• webOS 4.0 confirmed within iOS and Android App Release Notes

Thanks to @Peter Alexander and @SSM we have confirmation of webOS 4.0 compatibility within the release notes and information listed for their respective apps in the below topic.   We've confirmed the iOS version changes:   We've also confirmed Android: Both version updated were added this week. We are waiting for an official webOS 4.0 press release from LG and additional information on what models are supported.

By Alex, in LG webOS Smart TV Discussion

• 3 replies
    • Question: Problem with voice instructions before update

I have a TV LG 43UK6950PLB. Recently I updated to latest firmware version which is 04.10.04. When I try use de Magic Remote Control giving orders through the microphone, I receive a message like there is a problem with server temporarily and error 6022. I think is something about the update but how can return to previous version? Is this happening to someone else? Please give some advice. Thanks  

By Miguel Angel, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 0 answers
    • Question: Amazon Prime

My tv model 32lh576d and I have don’t have a search button in lg content store to download amazon prime. I have Netflix n other stuff.

By Rekhab, in LG webOS Smart TV App Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 0 answers
    • Question: Auto/fix volume when syncing with Apple AirPods using webos 3.5

Hi guys!   I just spent a while figuring out how to properly sync my Apple AirPods with my LG OLED55B7 (webos 3.5, firmware 04.70.85). The headphones sync with the TV but I am not allowed to adjust the volume up/down with the magic remote while synced , however mute works.   Has anyone using AirPods found a good solution for this problem (meaning not syncing via AppleTV or a separate cast device)? I have read that LG may have limited the possibility to adjust certain bluetooth parameters on non-LG devices so it may be that I am out of luck, but I thought I would give it at try here before I give up.   Thanks for any helpful advice!   Per M

By Per M, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 1 vote
      • 1 answer
    • Question: Streaming 4K content with high bitrate

Hi.  I've got a LG OLED C7 with smart IP TV app. I'm having trouble watching 4k movies with high bitrates ( some movies have bitrates higher than 80mpbs). I already connected the TV with wifi AC (5Ghz) instead of ethernet connection (which has only 100mbps port).   My internet connection has a speed of 200mbps (tested on tv browser).  Nevertheless I'm struggling playing those 4k high bitrate movies. Every few minutes it buffers. What can be the problem? The TV plays high bitrate movies from USB or bluray and the internet speed should be enough for those bitrates.  Is it possible to install a gigabit ethernet port in the pcmcia port? Thanks for your help. 

By bfds89, in LG webOS Smart TV Questions

• Awaiting best answer
      • 0 votes
      • 9 answers